Gateway classic cars? | FerrariChat

Gateway classic cars?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by thecarreaper, Dec 1, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Anybody on FChat done any deals with Gateway Classic cars in Louisville or their other locations? They have a muscle car i like and want to get more info on. I am going to call them today or the first part of next week. I know all old cars can have issues, but its good to buy from a straight shooter.

Thanks.

Michael

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    So I called them.

Ah the classic "we sold that car a few weeks ago, but forgot to take the ad down".

Classic Bait and switch. Pumped me on two $26k + cars. Told them no, I was calling on the 1971 RS 4 speed for $18k. Gave them my number with firm instructions on what i am looking for.

We shall see.

Guns and guitars are so much easier.

I am getting so sick of cars.

http://gatewayclassiccars.com/displaycar.php?stock=260&location=LOU#

Be careful out there.

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    didn't know they were in 3 cities now. I've been to their place outside STL.

now you know where the overpriced B list cars from the TV auction shows go :eek:. They always struck me as slightly shady.

and I agree the whole leaving inventory up for SEO purposes is BS. somehow it's accepted industry practice. and dealers wonder why they have a PR problem....

4. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    They are actually in Memphis IN, about 15 miles north of Louisville. When I was selling my 308, they called me numerous times to see if they could sell it. Pretty much everything they have is consignment.