Los Angeles Area Sunday Drives | FerrariChat

Los Angeles Area Sunday Drives

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by rzackon1, Nov 28, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rzackon1

rzackon1 Karting

Dec 15, 2011
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Dear All,

My buddy Vas in SD has a group called "Just Drive It" where they have a Sunday meetup for Ferrari's and other makes alike where they take 3-4 hour drives on some fun roads in the back country etc. It's open to anyone who has a car that can keep up, and enjoys the group of people that have cars like us. Id like to try to organize something like that for the LA Area, and was wondering who would be interested.

It would be a 9am Sunday meet, prob somewhere on the Westside, and we would do a different route each time. (Temescal Canyon, Malibu etc..)

It's a chance to meet others, and just get out and enjoy our cars. Let me know if this sounds like something people would be interested in doing

Ryan

2. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    Great idea, but the good old days of hitting the canyons hard are numbered here. Only way is to get a scout to go ahead of you . Chp all over the place now, takes the fun out of it. These days after super car Sunday we just take a nice drive thru snake curve and head to Malibu for some breakfast. I'm in either way. :)

3. rzackon1

rzackon1 Karting

Dec 15, 2011
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Well said. Im not so concerned about going 100mph down the canyons, just fun to meet up weekly and enjoy the weather, friends, and find some fun roads.

4. Shane86

Shane86 Karting

Dec 2, 2011
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Shane
    I may join....will keep watching the thread to see if it develops

5. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Yuuup.... the canyons are a ticket for sure. They sit in the woods and time you.

Also lost a couple bikes up there, those rocks are not as soft as they look :)

6. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    There are a number of roads up north of LA that are perfect. There are two that I do regularly, and never see any law enforcement on.

7. RonnieF430Spider

RonnieF430Spider Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Ronnie C
    I am in. Why don't you PM those of us that want to join you when you set the first one up.

8. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm in. Keep us posted.

9. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    send out texts, we can have one of those swarm things with F Cars

Quick everyone meet here LOL

:)

10. Supercar Ace

Supercar Ace Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    Sunny So Cal - LA
    I'm game. I haven't been on a nice canyon cruise in a long while.

11. 355rockit

355rockit Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2010
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Vas
    The 'Just Drive It' group just hit 80 members. It is a 'show up if you have time' kind of thing with shorter ~1.5 hour drive every week with a longer drive on the last Sunday of the month. We average anywhere from 5 to 10 cars a week. The past 2 months have been a bit light, but we do the drive even if 1 car shows up. The group is almost 1 year old this coming January. Got to keep our cars exercised. I have the CNC Motors 12/9 Meetup on the drive calendar, so hope 'Just Drive It' has a good showing

12. e3enigma

e3enigma Karting

Jul 30, 2011
    Thousand Oaks
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ryan,
    We created something similar out here on the East Coast and started with 4 guys and now we are up to 70 in less than a year. We meet every other week for a coffee and take an hour or so ride. I thought I would post a link to our website to give you some ideas. I am actually moving to Westlake Village area in early 2013 so I will be joining you shortly once I find a place to store my car. Look forward to meeting some other Ferrari friends!
    Mike

http://www.buckscountyexotics.com/

13. rzackon1

rzackon1 Karting

Dec 15, 2011
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thank you all for the great interest, and I will be PMing everyone to get proper contact info. For those that don't know, Vas (aka 355rockit) has an amazing group of guys in SD that does this, and I am looking to replicate it now that i am up in the LA area.

14. 355rockit

355rockit Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2010
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Vas
    I would use the term 'buddy' loosely... more of acquaintances. :)

15. rzackon1

rzackon1 Karting

Dec 15, 2011
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Ok smart ass...lol

16. ONEOFEW

ONEOFEW Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2006
    LA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Please put me on your pm list as well, I'm down with 360/430 only or this drive
    Steve

17. rzackon1

rzackon1 Karting

Dec 15, 2011
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Dear All,
    Thanks for the great interest in this. Id like to get it kicked off on Sunday January 16th.

Please find the list of people who expressed interest below. Can each of your PM me with your e-mail addresses and I will start a ListServe for a mass e-mail.

All good suggestions for a starting point are welcome. I was thinking Charthouse parking lot on PCH in Malibu as they are not open in the morning, and it's a fairly large lot.

Interested:
    1. rzackon1
    2. memiller74
    3. ONEOFEW
    4. Supercar Ace
    5. SoCal1
    6. FastRed355
    7. Ronni430Spider
    8. AustinMartin
    9.Shane86
    10.Koisokok

18. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho

Not sure how I ended up on the list. I'm lacking a car that will keep up with you guys. Have fun!

19. rzackon1

rzackon1 Karting

Dec 15, 2011
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Sorry about that. in your Post you said 2 roads that you do regularly. My apologies.

20. RonnieF430Spider

RonnieF430Spider Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Ronnie C
    January 16th is a Wednesday. I assume you mean Sunday January 13. If you mean Sunday January 6, I cannot make it for I will be out of town. That is the last day of new Years week, so I would think others will also be out of town.

21. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    I am in for this

Please add me.:)

22. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    if I go you can ride with me :eek: :D

23. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    I hope you don't keep an Elmo doll in your car...

24. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    nah, just some free candy.