COTA Track Day 12/14 | FerrariChat

COTA Track Day 12/14

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Jagbuff, Dec 4, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    Anyone going? Was going to give myself an early Christmas present but have a scheduling conflict :(

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Where can you find info about it?

I have a christmas party to attend. BOOO!!

3. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    this is incredibly unhelpful, as in what organizer, what driving qualifications, cost, and is it going to be the full F12 configuration oh, and how to register?

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I am looking to show some young lads "nice cars"....so I would be interested also.

Nephews of my recently departed friend, helping out one of his many brothers..good kids.

5. deeprivergarage

deeprivergarage Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 3, 2009
    S of Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  6. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    As of right now, the only information that I have is that it's an FCA event. I have some other information but I don't think it's correct thus I'll leave it out - it is regarding the price of the event.

Anyone going to this, a buddy of mine would love to watch from the grandstands. COTA and FCA have not responded to his inquiry so if anyone would be able to allow him to watch, please send me a PM so I can relay him the message. Thanks in advance! :)

7. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    Sorry, not trying to be..I believe it was by invitation - if you did not receive, I guess you are not invited LOL!

8. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    It's a Risi event offered to their customers, FCA members have been invited but first come first serve and certainly will be sold out. Typical track day format 8-5 with 3 run groups...pricing is a little higher than usual but considering the venue, it's worth it.

9. TexasKid

TexasKid Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 13, 2011
    This is a FoH closed event and only customers of FoH were invited...the short availability was filled within a few hours.

10. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    ..not exactly

11. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Gotca, thanks for the info. Regarding pricing, I guess my figure is correct. :eek:

12. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    I can't tell if the point of the thread was to genuinely inform anyone of anything or to simply inform us of what we don't know and can't do? The cryptic posting by the OP sure smells like lording the latter to me, but maybe not.

I'll be doing a more plebeian MVP event Fev 8-10 and then SCCA race March 8-10, and I suspect there will be many other opportunities. I bet other DE organizations have plans in the works and I bet there will be other club races, too.

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    He was sad 2 miss it.....

14. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    ..how about the most obvious option - find out who on the list is going so I can loop back with them after the event since Risi is planning another one b/c of limited space this time around. Sorry to have ruffled your feathers, glad you were able to gain have access to the more plebeian venues, please share your experience.

15. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    I guess I missed the obvious - sorry. I would like details, and will try to share mine when the time comes.

16. vlamgat

vlamgat Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    Its an FoA and FoH combined event with catering, instruction an lapping for at least 3 groups including one that is presumably "race qualified" for customers and FCA members. Only Ferraris allowed on track; 8-5 with mandatory safety gear although some helmets will be available. $2.25K with no refunds for weather.

Logistics realtive to the track are not yet available but I presume it will be run from the pit road with the pits locked as per the Pirelli opening weekend.

Friday 12/14 only

Quote:

Many of you were in attendance for the inaugural United States Grand Prix at Circuit of the Americas earlier this month and saw firsthand what a fantastic, world-class racing facility they've built in Austin. For a Ferrari owner, the opportunity to drive such a circuit is an opportunity of a lifetime and we are currently working on just such a proposal.

Ferrari of Houston, Ferrari of Austin and Risi Competizione are working with COTA to bring you an exclusive Ferrari Track day at the Circuit Of The Americas on Friday, December 14th, and we need to get an approximate count of clients who would be able to commit to the event. Personal driving instruction and the opportunity to demonstrate current Ferrari models will also be available for participants. This event is for Ferrari owners of all levels of driving and track experience.

We will have "Touring" sessions for clients who are new to the racetrack environment as well as sessions for experienced drivers up to competition-level. We anticipate the cost to be between $2000-2500 per person and it is open to all Ferrari road and race cars. The day will include complimentary refreshments and a catered lunch at the track. Since we have been offered this date on short notice and during the holidays, we would like to have a preliminary count in order to finalize the event and entry cost.

----------------------------------------------------

Additionally; Houston clients, we will have limited availability of transportation of vehicles to Austin for the event, so please make sure you let us know if you require this.

To RSVP your advance commitment to the event, please contact Jessica Porter at Ferrari of Austin with your intentions.

(512) 380-0231 or email [email protected]

This will be the first-ever event of this kind at the Circuit of the Americas, and we are extremely fortunate for this opportunity. This would make an unforgettable holiday gift for any Ferrari owner and we look forward to seeing you at Circuit of the Americas!

Ferrari of Houston

Ferrari of Austin

Risi Competizione

17. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    Thanks, Colin. I think I'll stick with plebian

18. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    ...well it may not be plebeian but still a great value since they are flying in Corse Clienti instructors, will have three semis with Challenge cars and an FXX...and catered food,..really wish i could go, damn board meeting, who needs them away!

19. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    You guys will absolutely love the track.

I had an opportunity to drive it this weekend via a different manufacturer's event and it is Road Course Vallhalla. We have lots of good road courses in Texas but this one is really special.

My layman's impressions after a handful of laps...

Because of the mix of vertical and lateral G forces in T1 thru T5, there a sensation that you're flying in a dogfight instead of driving a car..

T6 through T10 less dramatic but still fun, I was still catching my breath from T2-T5

The long straight doesn't seem as long as it is because you can't see T12 from T11 due to elevation changes that I didn't really perceive or notice on TV.

Relative to the rest of the track, T13 thru T20 are like having to run through the amusement park turnstiles to ride the rollercoaster again. Once you exit 20, you're sprinting to the top of the roller coaster to
    do it all again!

20. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I'll be doing the MVP event too (I assume you meant Feb 1-3).

can't wait! :D

21. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Ah!! That's the event you are doing?! My buddy will be going, I told him about it.

22. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    Yes I meant the MVP event Feb 1-3. Plan is to bring the SRF and maybe if I can get it together in time the SR8

23. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    cool! Mark (the owner of MVP) owns an SRF and used to own a Radical so you should get along great :)

24. Feffman

Feffman Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    Gateway To The West
    Full Name:
    Feff
    HI All:

Needless to say we are VERY excited to run at COTA in February. Obviously, so are a lot of other car fanatics as the COTA event sold out in 72 hours.

For anyone who's interested, but didn't get signed up for COTA, feel free to drop me an e-mail at [email protected] with your name, phone number, e-mail address and summary of your track experience and we can get you on the COTA reserve list.

Happy Motoring!

Feff

25. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Mark - you have mail.