Urraco thread | Page 30 | FerrariChat

Urraco thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by 1121034, Jun 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Downdraft1

Downdraft1 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2008
    Water runoff - drops down until the end of the engine bay.

2. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    #727 P300V8, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    If you have the original blades they will be stamped "Arman". The measurements are for the width of the bayonet on the arm (9mm) where it is inserted into blade assembly.

3. 7veloce

7veloce Karting

Aug 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Yes, I kept the original Arman metal part of the blades and just replaced the rubber parts, which is 19".

4. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Cool, mine are Arman too.

5. 7veloce

7veloce Karting

Aug 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Peter,

Would you please take a look your Urraco and see where the left hose goes down to? Does it stop at the horizontal black metal plate right below the glass fuel filter? or go thru an opening on the metal plate? I cannot find an opening area or a hole for the hose to go thru so the water can drain to the ground.

Tom/Colorado

6. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    #731 Peter K., Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sure. Never a great quality from me :)
    Someone just keep it exposed right to the bottom. Just keep in mind that my car is somewhat different to the other production cars, as P300V8 could attest. Will elaborate in the future.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    #732 Peter K., Dec 12, 2012
    I occasionally ask but have not an answer. Could this set up be original as this a beyond early car? Has anyone seen this air filters before? What era?

8. 7veloce

7veloce Karting

Aug 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Peter, I agree that your car is a bit different. You can see the ground below the fuel filter. My car has a black metal plate (like a floor) cover most of the left side. Tom

9. 7veloce

7veloce Karting

Aug 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Peter, Thank you for the photo. It shows your hose goes down on the left corner. I will take a closer look of my car and try to find the path down that way. Tom

10. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    #735 P300V8, Dec 12, 2012
    This is 15040 the first RHD Urraco. No third airbox and note the short end vents. Many cars have had the third box retrofitted. The tray above the exhaust had been removed but not the third air box! No plastic drainage tubes in evidence either!

11. 7veloce

7veloce Karting

Aug 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tom
  12. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    #737 Peter K., Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
    Real nice....but tell us about your driving experience. Fun? As you expected? Less than?
    It's without doubt that it's a very different car to drive......

13. 7veloce

7veloce Karting

Aug 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It is a very different car compare to my other light weight cars such as Caterham 7, and Lotus Esprit S1. It feels heavy, strong, stable, easy to get in and out, has a useable trunk, engine sounds great, takes a bit energy to shift and push the gas pedal. The steering feels just right. The steering wheel is interesting and so 60's. The shape of the car is slick and smooth. It is fun to drive but took me a while to get use to the gear pattern and gas pedal so I can drive the car smoothly. It is a fun and more than I expected. I am very happy that I finally got one.

14. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    My clutch pedal is probably the lightest I've ever pressed.

15. 7veloce

7veloce Karting

Aug 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Peter, I agree with you on the clutch pedal. It is light and easy to use. However, the gas pedal is bit heavy for me. Tom/Colorado

16. 7veloce

7veloce Karting

Aug 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #741 7veloce, Dec 18, 2012
    Need a bit help on fixing my stuck heater valve unit in the front compartment. The control lever on top of the unit is not moving, stuck in the vertical position. I disconnected the cable to the lever and tried to push the lever clockwise but it is not moving. I see the lever is connected/hooked to a small brass rod at the bottom that comes out of the middle of the heater valve unit. I think the brass rod supposes to go up (valve is open) when you push the lever out. Is this correct? Any ideas how I can free up the stuck valve without taking it out. I think this is the same valve used on all Fiat 128:
    http://www.vickauto.com/newstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2773

17. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    As much as you don't want to hear it...I think you need to disconnect, remove, and inspect. Many years of not being used will lock it up.
    And, if it's seized then think about the rest of the system that sat without use.

18. mikael82

mikael82 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2007
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael
    Sorry to pop-up this rude question here in middle;
    My friend got 250 and it seems to have factory fitted oil cooler at front, front boby is made differently to able airflow and all oil lines are made with same material and fitting as factory did (with countach), how many cars are there with oil coolers?

19. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    Do you know the vin of this car? It might help. Silhouette (and early Jalpa) had oil cooler at the front

20. mikael82

mikael82 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2007
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael
    #15840 (have to re-check this one.) 1974 P250

21. 7veloce

7veloce Karting

Aug 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I do not think the front oil cooler will be original on #15840.

22. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    You have a pm

23. mikael82

mikael82 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2007
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael
    Thanks, yes I have.

Let's just post pictures and see how thing are, Note! this is not my car, but pictures are mine.

Oil cooler is behind front spoiler
    [​IMG]

Here:
    [​IMG]

Oilfilter mount looks like this:
    (We don't get that much sun up here, but I am not that pale.)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Guys, just random thoughts......what is the possibility of turning an Urraco into a Bravo if funds were unlimited?

Also, Love to have that orange Urraco Bob replica that was for sale in Frnace (I think) or make one of my own with another car, not mine.