Brian's Garage in Walnut Creek? | FerrariChat

Brian's Garage in Walnut Creek?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by JoshECS, Dec 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoshECS

JoshECS Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 3, 2010
    Ashburn,VA
    Full Name:
    Josh Hill
    Is anyone familiar with this shop and their work? As far as I know Brian Crall Company has always been named as such. I ask because I have a 512TR in here that received it's last Major by Brian's Garage back in '99 and I'm trying to get an idea of what sort of workmanship I can expect to uncover.

Any info you gentleman have is sincerely appreciated, thanks.

2. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Brian lurks here from time to time, but I would just pick up the phone and call him. He might be able to tell you exactly what he did on that particular car, if it was indeed he who worked on it.

3. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    I tried calling him when I purchased my car (no paperwork/records). It had work done at his shop when I typed VIN into google. He confirmed that he had worked on the car but cited confidentiality of the previous owner and refused to release any info.
    I told him to black out the name and faxed it so there is no way for me to know who the owner is. I just want to know history of the car. I offered to pay for his time.
    He still didn't want to do so.
    If you could some how get the info, please let me know. Thanks.

4. JoshECS

JoshECS Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 3, 2010
    Ashburn,VA
    Full Name:
    Josh Hill
    Thanks guys, we have service records with the car VIN'd up and all...so I know for certain Brian's Garage serviced the car.

I'm mostly asking if this Brian is NOT Crall, but a different Brian. If it isn't Crall, I'm curious of the reputation.

5. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    i think brian crall was at ferrari of los gatos back in those days and opened up his shop in east bay later on '03 or '04. he is well known and one of the most trusted in this business.

6. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Brian Crall's shop is called "Brian Crall Company" and it's located in San Ramon, not Walnut Creek, unless he's moved and changed his company name. (925) 552-9700

7. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

I regularly provide records with the permission of the person who paid the original bill at no charge. I did so just yesterday. Those records are the property of the person who paid me, not the later owners of the car. I once got in a great deal of trouble for not respecting that ownership right. I will not repeat the mistake.

Also my records are only accessible by name, not VIN. As much as I would like it to be different I don't have the time to leaf through thousands and thousands of pages of old repair orders looking at VINs for a record search.

In the case of Josh, I know the prior owner of the car well, I grew up with his son and I provided all the information I had at my disposal.

If prior records are not available for a car you own the fault should be placed on the prior owners, not every repair shop that ever looked at the car.

8. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

Many years ago, prior to being made an offer I could not refuse I operated Brians Garage in Walnut Creek.

9. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Where have you been?

I was beginning to think you died.

Good to know you are still alive and kicking.

10. JoshECS

JoshECS Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 3, 2010
    Ashburn,VA
    Full Name:
    Josh Hill
    Thank you Brian, I appreciate your willingness to provide the information you had available. I'm certain it will provide as useful as I expected and assist me in assessing the needs of the car in question.

Thank you guys for helping me find the answers I sought. I was not aware of Mr. Crall's original endeavor and am glad to have put the pieces together. These forums are great tools when used appropriately.

11. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    haha...still around alive & kicking:) hope to see you soon enough...cheers:)

12. LamboRider

LamboRider Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2011
    Was it at the same location?

13. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    No. I am now in San Ramon.