Anyone dealt with Bellagio Motors in Costa Mesa? | FerrariChat

Anyone dealt with Bellagio Motors in Costa Mesa?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by mgv1, Feb 24, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mgv1

mgv1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2006
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Mark V
    Has anyone dealt with Bellagio motors in Costa Mesa?

I got approached today to put one of my cars in their showroom on consignment. Usually I wouldn't bother but the guy offered to buy the car outright at my asking price if they didn't sell it within 2 months.

Just wondering if anyone knows or has dealt with them.

Thanks
    Mark

2. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    In this market if anyone offers full price you either are selling wholesale or they have no idea the value. If you are asking anywhere near retail take the money ....

3. mgv1

mgv1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2006
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Mark V
    Thanks, but I'm looking for an integrity recommendation rather than evaluation. I don't wish to place a car on consignment unless the place is respectable, for obvious reasons.

4. holson

holson Rookie

Apr 12, 2006
    be curious to hear from someone...

i got contacted too and I will meet the sales person on Friday to get a feel for the deal. Maybe look at their other cars too...? :D

i've always sold my own cars in the past, but this is my first time selling a car in southern california where consignments like this seem alive and well. :)

5. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i have dealt with them before and i had a great exprience,also they sold a lp640 to a friend of mine and he was very pleased,fred is a great guy and great to work with.

6. Murciii

Murciii Karting

Jun 12, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    I recently purchased an S class from bellagio motors about a month ago. Its the second car I have purchased from them. Ive known fred for several years, hes a great guy and pleasant to work with. A good friend of mine consigned his phantom, flying spur, and lexus suv thru fred in the last year and was pleased with his experience. Good Luck with the sale, whichever direction you go!

7. YenkoKurt

YenkoKurt Rookie

May 19, 2012
    Topanga CA
    Full Name:
    Kurt Anderson
    Now THAT's how you end a story.

8. ONEOFEW

ONEOFEW Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2006
    LA
    Full Name:
    Steve
  9. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    Wow................................................... Another one bites the dust... I mean can we get a Car Fox on the owners of exotic car dealers?

10. asw300

asw300 Rookie

Dec 12, 2014
    #11 asw300, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 27, 2013
    Hunt. Bch/Palm Dsrt/Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    My 2 cents....Unless I personally know the owner of the dealership, there is ZERO chance I would consign a car. First, check with your insurance company. You will find you may NOT be covered if it is stolen as you actually sign the car over to the dealership in many instances. I know of someone whose car was stolen off a lot while on consignment and his insurance refused to pay.

I also know a Beverly Hills attorney who got taken on 2 cars he had on consignment at a very nice dealership in Irvine. Dealer packed up in the middle of the night with about $3 million never paying anyone for their cars.

My advice...1) check with your insurance agent first....2) never sign the car over.

Seller Beware.....

12. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    So what happened to this clown? The latest information I could find was that he is out on bail and made a court date a couple of months back.

13. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    Welcome to Fchat.

14. mgv1

mgv1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2006
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Mark V
    Can't believe this 2010 thread came back to life!