Daytona Seats compared to Regular Seats... | FerrariChat

Daytona Seats compared to Regular Seats...

Discussion in '360/430' started by allen_993, Dec 28, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allen_993

allen_993 Karting

Jul 3, 2006
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    Allen
    As far as I can tell...just from pictures...the only difference between the Daytona seats and the regular seats is the section in the middle rear and middle bottom. Is that correct?
    Also...how much of a comfort difference is there between the two?

I have my eye on a car that has all the options that I want...except the Daytona seats...and I'm wondering how big of a deal it is.

RichardMarkell likes this.
  2. Tio

Tio Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Harry
    I dont think you can feel any difference between standard and daytona seats.
    You can certainly feel a difference between the carbon fibre seats and the standard/daytona, the latter being more forgiving on rough surfaces.

Resale wise, it is more a personal and marketing thing rather than anything else.

I have the daytona seats and personaly I think I would prefer to have the carbon seats, but then again I haven't lived with the carbon seats for a long period of time to make an accurate judgement.

3. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    The sport seats are very easy to live with. I too was looking for Daytonas but once I saw the sport (CF) seats, I really liked them, once I sit in them I fell in love w/ them and once I drove in them I fell in lust. There was no going back.

4. allen_993

allen_993 Karting

Jul 3, 2006
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Just to be clear...there are "standard" seats..."daytona" seats..and "sport" (CF) seats...is that correct?

5. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    correct....If you have standard seats you can convert them to Daytona seats but Carbon are highly sought after as an option

6. PFSEX

PFSEX Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    John Ratto
    Before I bought my car (red 2004 coupe with black Daytona seats and shields), I consulted with a friend, Tom Brazil, who has been selling these types of cars here in LV for a long long time....sometimes used, sometimes new...he is currently at Lamborghini dealership.

His quote was, "I wouldn't buy a 360 without the Daytona seats." Points he made - F made so many 360s that an important option like that sets the DS cars apart from the many others...and the DS look much better...and they provide better ventilation and comfort...and they make the car much easier to sell.

So few cars have the CF seats that we never discussed them.

BTW - the ONLY other option he recommended highly was the shields.

His other advice - make sure the ex and in colors are well matched. They should compliment each other but also have some contrast to make the car 'pop.' In other words, red/tan is great, yellow/tan not so much.

I took his sage advice.

From what I see, a car with DS and shields is selling for about $5k more than one without.

For what it is worth.

7. allen_993

allen_993 Karting

Jul 3, 2006
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Certainly no question that the daytona seats increase resale...therefore I think the absence of them should lower the price a bit.

8. BSU

BSU Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    TX
  9. Ice9

Ice9 Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Ice9
    Daytona vs. Regular is not a big deal and will not have an impact on resale. If the car is otherwise perfect, the seats should not be a deal-breaker.

10. Mikkofin

Mikkofin Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2011
    Finland
    At least going from the slippery f360 basic seats ---> f430 Daytonas was a great upgrade. They have a different design (tighter) and they are far better to sit in.

11. Spider360Matt

Spider360Matt Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2012
    California
    They are virtually the same seat (standard to DS). Those inserts (IMHO) arent really much beyond personal taste...and some of the color combinations were done with what I believe might have been a color blind seamstress.

If you like the car you find and it doesnt have Daytona Seats, dont expect to get a smoking deal because of it....a $5K discount is WAY overstating what these things fetch as an option. There are other considerations - like power vs. manual; accent stitching; piping...etc. These things were highly customizable. It all comes down to personal taste - and finally, given that they are simply inserts if you must have the DS option, you can always have it done after the fact if you find the right car without it.

12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The answer is: People like Daytona seats which is why so many cars came with them because their first owners ponied up thousands of dollars for them when they ordered the car.

That still runs true today.

Sitting in a Daytona and a standard has no difference in feel. It's merely the look.

BTW: You will almost never find an F430 without Daytona's. It's because Ferrari was smart and designed really simple (some might say ugly) standard seats making it an easy choice to order the upgrade.

13. big_guy

big_guy F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    My car is a bit odd in this respect. The original owner chose the CCBs, but not the Daytonas.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

14. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I have the daytonas but they are manual not power does that make a big difference in resale?

15. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

I would not buy a car without them, its just looks, but I would not even consider a standard seat car even with a substantial discount. Just my opinion.

16. Spyker 007

Spyker 007 Formula 3

Mar 31, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    #16 Spyker 007, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Is far as I know there are two seat type.
    - Standard (with electic adjustment option and optional "Daytona style" stitching)
    - Carbon fiber

The "Daytona" is just "Daytona-style stichting" introduced in the Ferrari 365 Daytona. (Hence the name)

I bought my 2004 360 Spider last month, see attached, and prefer the standard design in a 360.
    Then again call me weird, but I would never buy a red Ferrari (Only on a F40, 288GTO.) ;)
    Thank god tastes differ.

Besides peronal taste.

I have notived that in 360's with the electical adjustable seats my face is right up agianst the sunvisor. Otherwise said, you sit higher in the car because of the electic motors undernath the seat. (I am 8'3", 1.87m) (EDIT: 6'3")
    I felt the manual adjustable seat you sit lower in the car providing (for me at least) a better view out of the front window. I'm gland my car has "just" got the manual seats.

Jeffrey
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    Holy ****, you're 8 ft 3! Just kidding...typo I'm sure ;). Love the color of the interior, beautiful color.

18. Spyker 007

Spyker 007 Formula 3

Mar 31, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    #18 Spyker 007, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    Make that 6'3" :D:D (I'm on the metric system here.)

And, THANKS! :D Has taken a while to find a non black interior in a Grigio Titanio car. (I wanted someting different. :))

19. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    Daytona inserts can be added to standard seats. Don't let it be a deal killer if everything is right.

20. allen_993

allen_993 Karting

Jul 3, 2006
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Thanks for all the great input...but I just found out that the shields on the car of interest are not factory shields...rather they are aftermarket stick-ons. No offense to those that have them...but for me...that IS is a deal killer. After everyone's input...I've concluded that I still want daytona seats...but it won't kill a deal if all else is good.