500 MDTR 0640 | FerrariChat

500 MDTR 0640

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by tongascrew, Jan 5, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Hopefully there is some news about the fascinating remains of this car sold by Bonhams 4/26/04. It was listed as 0604 but is believed to be o640. In the right hands this should be a most interesting resurection. tongascrew

2. dgrperformance

dgrperformance Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2005
    Oceanside, CA
    I would be very curios to know as well, I was at the auction and was one of the underbidders on the TR. At the time I thought it went for crazy money as did the Monza that was there, but by todays standards it was a bargain. Bonhams did some very strange things with the lots and actually packaged parts belonging to the cars in seperate lots. There were some amazing parts lots at that auction as well, I have not seen anything like it since.

Zac

3. trkevin

trkevin Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    K. Blommaert
    I have the Bonhams auction catalogue in front of me, and it was listed correctly by Bonhams as chassis no. 0640 MD/TR and engine no. 0706MD/TR. Even a photo of the chassis number stamping was printed in the catalogue!!

So nothing to do with the well-known 860 Monza s/n 0604 M.

But I'm also very interested to know that actually happened with 0640 MDTR.

Best regards

Kevin

4. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Glad to hear there is interest in this one. How could there not be.My thought when reviewing this file was what it would be like to have bought this and then taken the time and expense to bring it back to what it looked like when it came out the factory. And please, not just another over restoration!! Ahhh what dreams we mortals do have. Well let's see what come of this thread. Let's hope we get some good news. This s/n deserves it. tongascrew

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Marcel would likely know.

6. jjmcd

jjmcd Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    #6 jjmcd, Jan 9, 2013