Auto Detailing in San Francisco Bay Area | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Auto Detailing in San Francisco Bay Area

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by ahameed31, Dec 7, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Yep, I'll be there!

SV

2. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    That's still crazy to me. I believe you but I almost feel like it was a typo or something. I would have guessed an "Italian Concorso-esque" detail would have been around $2k on your car. Bob is efficient and that would have given him 3 full days on the car plus two hours for incidentals. Would still be under $2k. Three full days for Bob is an amazing finish on most cars (including yours).

Not sure what to say. I believe you, I'm just at a loss to explain it.

3. Alex Rogo

Alex Rogo Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2004
    California
    Bob Willis is certainly one of the best. You also cannot go wrong w/ Cullen Wetmore. He is the detailer for Don Williams' Blackhawk Collection and many concours winners as well. Pricing is somewhat similar to Auto Concierge. Check his website at www.diamondcarcaresystems.com. Not saying one is better, just that these are two really good choices.

Cheers

4. Spider360Matt

Spider360Matt Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2012
    California
    Is Bob off of Grimmer Street over in Fremont? If so, he is very good, but plan on paying on average about $1000.00. The end result, is a showroom looking car though...

5. AutoConcierge

AutoConcierge Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Willis
    You are talking 40 hours plus on a car that is destroyed or going for competition, as for the $6,500.00 quote I do not remember speaking with that person as this is a big job and I have done them in the past(90-100 hour plus jobs).

Most jobs run in the 8-25 hour time frame............... so far from 2-3K on average.

6. AutoConcierge

AutoConcierge Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Willis
    This is not the case at all, I bring in guys(Who are qualified that is to help with higher production when I am pinched on time).

7. Spider360Matt

Spider360Matt Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2012
    California
    thats a pretty decent rate...not much more expensive than most shops and the end result is pretty amazing. Im planning on dropping by there this week for a quote.

Bob - you should post a few before & after F-car projects like some of the other shops on here (hoping that you are a sponsor). They really tell the story - especially in the paint correction realm.

8. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

If Bob posts before and afters, be prepared to put your sunglasses on. The after pic will cause temporary blindness. Ha!!!!

9. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

^hahahaha. I remember a classic FChat post that wouldn't die called "Diamond Car Care - Screw those guys. It was circa 2006 and lived on the front page for years before people stopped posting in it.