Manti Teo | FerrariChat

Manti Teo

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rollsorferrari?, Jan 16, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    All I can say is wow...this story has some teeth to it. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few days. Someone or some people are in way over their heads right now.

2. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    It's best not to do the lame denials/"someone set me up with a cruel joke" given all of the stories and interviews that have been written about his "girlfriend". I wonder if this is more of a down low issue versus a made up girlfriend?

3. Osiris_x11

Osiris_x11 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Ding. Ding. Ding. Winner, winner... chicken'dinner !-!-!

4. normv

normv F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2005
    Mishawaka In
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Hello Teo may be a stud on the field, but not in private life. Remember he is young, a very young man going to a Catholic school who is a Morman, it quite possible he hasnt had any real relationships with girls. Thats why he felt he had to go on line, because of a lack of real experience. ( do I have to spell it out to anyone)

He could very have been missled by someone (who hasnt) and is just a gullable nice inexperienced Morman.

5. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    So no news media outlet ever wanted to call his "girlfriend" for a quote or picture?

No one did even a single fact-checking run?

...just some lone blogger?!

6. normv

normv F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2005
    Mishawaka In
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Hello no one checked on Alamaba's quarterbacks girlfriend untill Brett Mus. called her out on national TV.
    No one checked out the Presidential candidate before he got elected, why should anyone check out Teo's girlfriend!

No wonder he sucked during the Alabama game!

7. lor2435

lor2435 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2005
    NYC
    This was clearly setup by the Romney campaign to drum up sympathy for Mormons leading up to the election!

8. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    If the article do deadspin is accurate (and it certainly looks that way),then this kid has some very serious mental issues. It's one thing to create an online gf, but then orchestrate her tragic death is on a different level altogether. This guy is about as low as they come.

9. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    He may be gay.

No joke and I have no problem with homosexuality at all. But it would be a relatively believable cover story why he didn't have a girlfriend on campus to those around him.

Makes a hell of a lot more sense than how it is playing out now which has NO reasonable explanation at all

10. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Agreed. It could be a mix of being gay + religious/societal pressure because of it + being young and not sure how to properly deal with such a thing. It may have started as a simple solution to "Why don't you have a girlfriend, man?" and just ballooned beyond anything he thought of.

IF he is gay, of course. Otherwise maybe the guy is just flat out nuts.

11. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    I think he is flat out nuts no matter what. Creating an online GF to hide homosexuality would certainly be understandable. But then the whole "death/look what a great teammate I am" crap is what makes it really low.

12. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    I would imagine that every single NFL recruiter has crossed this guy off their list...

13. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Yup. If he had an actual girlfriend and just beat her it would have been better for his NFL future. Oh the irony.

14. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    This for Dr. Tommy: After having seen the Alabama game I'm convinced his girlfriend IS real and was actually playing in the game wearing his uniform on several plays (especially the missed tackles).

As Benny Hill once said: "not a lot o' people KNOW that!"

15. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    GirlfriendHire.com

16. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
  17. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
  18. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Manti is from the same city I was born and raised in. I'm not surprised at all that he was tricked. People there are very trusting because it is such a small town, just a few thousand people and no traffic lights at all when we lived there. IMO he was too trusting and gullible.

19. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    It's a sickness that this is more important than the tax increases, the debt limit and the trillion Dollar BH0 deficits.

Kai

20. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    ^ Yes ^

Guys, I think we need to take a step back. Consider that Manti is 21 years old, and is very trusting. I think he got swept away by a national story and all the pressure that came with being in the spotlight. Once this thing got going, it took on a life of its own.

BTW, a couple of you suggested that he may be gay. I suppose that fits into a reasonable explanation. But Teo is not gay. He had a relationship with a girl at Notre Dame (Saint Marys). My daughter is a senior at Notre Dame and she tutored Teo. She also knows Teo's girlfriend.

I've met Manti Teo several times. He's a simple kid. Very humble. A decent kid from all accounts. I think he has some explaining to do, however. But the attacks on him at this point are unfounded.

21. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    No way, not with all the dirtbags running around the NFL. My brother is a player agent, I guarantee you this guy is still a first rounder. Maybe he drops a little, but he's not crossed off many lists I can assure you.

22. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    He has issues and performed abysmally against Alabama. His stock went down for all thinking coaches. If he does get drafted, he will be a quick NFL washout and the coaches that went for him will get dinged.

23. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    That may be true, but this episode will have minimal bearing. The 'Bama game surely had an impact.

24. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    What you are trying to say is that the NFL learned nothing from T.O.

25. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    ^ lol ^