SCUD pricing guide | Page 32 | FerrariChat

SCUD pricing guide

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Aug 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    It was at the Bentley dealer. It was asking 195 iirc (I'm certain it was under 200). I was told I could buy it for 185. Passed due to the stripe. Very nice car otherwise. An f-chatter bought it and now it's for sale again...

2. PasadenaF430scuderia

Sep 9, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Just bought my first Ferrari and it's an 08 Scud with 9,100 miles...from an approved Ferrari dealer. Picked it up for $180k...they were asking $192K...thought it was a good deal from what I could research...there was an 09 at the same dealer for $209K...they would only go to $198k on that one...only difference was a few thousand miles and the carbon kit.

By the way, I've been an Audi R8 man for the past few years...got to say I am LOVING my scud...so raw...just what I have been looking for! :)

3. dlopez001

dlopez001 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    DL
    Pasadena,

Welcome to F-Chat and thank you for providing this useful information. Congrats on your new Scuderia!

What color? You'll have to post pics.

Was it a CPO vehicle inclusive of 1yr Power warranty at the $180K price? Or did it have some remaining warranty (I.e. previous owner had purchase extended warranty which still has remaining 'life'). Or no warranty at all?

I'd like to think all cars purchased from Ferrari dealerships include warranty, but I know this is not the case.

Thanks,

DL

4. PasadenaF430scuderia

Sep 9, 2012
    Los Angeles
    #779 PasadenaF430scuderia, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    If that stripe were on a white Scud, would look better.

Congrats! Sounds like a good deal. If you're in the Pasadena area, you should meet up with us at local meets.

6. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Great car and sounds like a nice deal! Enjoy :)

7. PasadenaF430scuderia

Sep 9, 2012
    Los Angeles

8. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Most of the meets I find in the SoCal section of this forum.
    Otherwise there is C&C Irvine every sat morn and Supercar Sundays.
    This sat there is the PV Concourse.
    I've been meaning to join the Ferrari club but haven't gotten around to it yet.
    If there is a Ferrari run I'll let you know.

9. DoctorWill

DoctorWill Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2010
    Playa Vista
    Full Name:
    Will
    I tried contacting the Local Ferrari club but they never kept me in the loop for anything. Not very good at membership recruitment or retention at all. So, don't waste your time. There are more info here on FChat.

10. PasadenaF430scuderia

Sep 9, 2012
    Los Angeles
    What is the PV Concourse?

11. DanS*

DanS* Karting

May 29, 2012
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    The Palos Verdes Concours is actually a high level Concours on the Trump golf course in PV.
    Here is a link:

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=vjzk9zgab&v=001-VufbrhO4aYIOg_cpcp2V9h4Sbv7dYI-JYl8eu_t0biz_wr4M7L5F6LMTgWnveDImlVogPPx0JlnlTME_aM6aGTHI4RkvdnuWfhkrtyMVJU%3D

They like to think that they're second to Pebble Beach, but that's a huge stretch.
    They are very good and well worth the effort. The shortcoming is that many of the invitations go to friends as opposed to the best cars available (unfortunately especially true of the Ferrari group). In spit of all of that it's a chance to see some of the best cars in the world, on the grass, overlooking the Pacific (at a fraction of the Pebble fee).

12. Hkpooh

Hkpooh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2011
    wooo grats man!

13. jameslyons13

jameslyons13 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Torrance CA
    Full Name:
    James Lyons
    How much would a fender replacement reduce the price of a 2009 SCUD with 4,000 miles? Accident that left the car drivable?

14. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I believe it would depend if its been registered as an accident and entered into Autocheck or carfax databases. If its one of the lower front fenders,they can be removed easily and replaced. It would have to be a top paint shop to blend the paint. Ebay has had them (lower fenders) in the past circa 3 thousand dollars (from a donor car). I would check to ensure the intergrity of the front suspension/drivelines/and sensors.

15. DanS*

DanS* Karting

May 29, 2012
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    The real issue is how much does an accident reduce the value of a Scud. It depends on how minor the accident was and if the buy believes it.

16. dbonvillain

dbonvillain Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2012
    Boulder
    I did a search and think I went through every page on this thread...I saw a reference to a calculator (I think 430GT made it?) but can't find a link. anyone got one for me? just curious to see it. TIA

17. NathanBennett

NathanBennett Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    Ouachita Mountains
    Full Name:
    Nathan Bennett
    The info below was applicable about a year ago. Someone may have better data now. I don't recall who I got this from.

Base 08: $185k no miles
    Base 08 + US Carbon package: $195k no miles
    Base 09: $205k no miles

Black, Yellow: -$5k
    No Stripe: -$5k
    Miles up to 10,000 miles: -$2/mile
    Miles over 10,000 miles: -$1/mile
    Leather or Full Tech Fabric interior: -$5k
    Silverstone, White (either Fuji or Avus): +$5k
    Nuovo Rosso F1: +$10k

Service records, multiple owners, re-spray, tire conditions, paint condition, Clutch life, CCB brakes life, wheel arch covers, aftermarket stereo, Ferrari Driving Experience, they all affect actual market value, so you set the baseline using the above information and work from there.

18. dbonvillain

Dec 2, 2012
    Boulder
    #793 dbonvillain, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
    Sweet, thank you!
    I see that those are all deductions from the baseline...I assume there are additions to the baseline as well? as in warranty, unique color, different interior packages?
    NM - I see a couple at the bottom :)

but I would guess that applies pretty loosely given that using those numbers we should be able to score the black one at Symbolic for mid-high 150s, and that's not reality I don't think is it?

19. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I'm sorry but reducing the price 5,000 for a leather interior has no basis in reality.

20. augustxke

augustxke Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2009
    MN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I agree with that.

21. dlopez001

dlopez001 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    DL

Huh? Maybe my math is different...

Start with $205,000 for baseline MY2009
    - $20,000 for first 10K miles
    - $2,000 for next 2K miles
    - $5,000 for black
    - $5,000 for basic tech fabric
    = $173,000

...Pricing model does not get adjusted for caliper color, fire extinguisher, radio, etc (basic stuff). Their ask is $180K. Is it reasonable to expect that they will budge 4% off of their ask price? I would think so.

Something else to consider, Not all Ferrari buyers have access to / use F-Chat. Also keep in mind quality and reputation of seller. In this case, Symbolic is know for the quality of the cars they sell in the previously owned market. They tend to inventory very nice examples.

Best of luck!!!

DL

22. dbonvillain

Dec 2, 2012
    Boulder
    Oh, thought it was an 08 and was starting at 185.

23. donj

donj Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2011
    California
    Can anyone actually explain the "deduction" for a Nero Scud when black is clearly one of the preferred (and perceived as "safe") colors for buyers of every other Ferrari model?

24. vancouver

vancouver Rookie

Jun 29, 2012
    its too common of a color, plus it sits for longer when it comes time to sell

25. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Yea I've seen a couple blacks go in the low $160's.
    you could always wrap it ;)