Ferrari in snow (video) | FerrariChat

Ferrari in snow (video)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Nathan360, Jan 21, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nathan360

Nathan360 Karting

Apr 17, 2010
    Manchester / England
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Hello
    Its been snowing here
    I took a video hope you like it, comments welcome.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIU6ULnYASY[/ame]

(I hope it embeds properly)

2. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Sad. My pick-up can do donuts in the snow. Once a Ferrari is treated like that it just becomes any other car in my opinion. You can trick out a gxy Subaru to go faster than a 360 and it even will have all wheel drive but it will still just be a Subaru. Is ending up on a scummy used car lot with an "Aircon" sign on the window really what it deserves?

3. stevenwk

stevenwk F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Full Name:
    Steve
    More money than brains.

4. skelly

skelly Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2011
    I disagree with the above. Do you really think that turning a few donuts in a snowy parking lot will ruin a Ferrari?

It looks like the OP was having a fun time.

5. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    I would recommend a better set of snow tires. LOL

6. KJB355

KJB355 Karting

Apr 4, 2006
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Brom
    #6 KJB355, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    +1. The EU guys / gals know how to enjoy a car, regardless of the make. Sit outside the Ferrari factory and cars pull up from the surrounding countries looking worse than many econoboxes in the US.

Do a "360" "snow" search in the respective section, and it's far from uncommon.

There are garage queens everywhere, but it's always refreshing to see that these cars are actually 'human'. Unfortunately, I suffer from garage queen syndrome, but wouldn't knock anyone for driving their car to their liking.

7. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    Looks like one of those "Trail Rated" cars....

8. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    When I was at the Ferrari factory over Thanksgiving 2010 I watched new Ferraris being test driven in the snow coming back with brown icy crud all over them to later be sold to buyers who will brag that their Ferrari has never been driven in the rain or snow.

9. V-TWELVE

V-TWELVE Formula 3

Jan 1, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    Looks like hamless fun to me. Don't know why but I love seeing exotics in the snow!

10. nero1991

nero1991 Rookie

Jan 20, 2013
    I have a Porsche Boxster. I slide everytime I enter a parking garage even though I barely step on the gas and even though my traction control is on.

I also skid my tires when I drive in rain even when I am barely stepping on the gas. It was even worse when I drove the Mercedes SL55 AMG where dry hot pavement was not enough. Every time I lightly touched the gas pedal, the tires start spinning and screech a little.

Police will automatically stop you if they heard your tires screech. They would give you a ticket for reckless driving.

Just keep that in mind if you plan on getting a powerful RWD car.

11. skelly

skelly Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2011
    Sounds like you need some fresh tires. :)

12. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    True, it's not like he was beating the crap out of it... as for the snow - AHHHHH! MOISTURE! That does it... the car's a worthless rustbucket now. Somebody get his VIN so we can all avoid that car if he ever puts it up for sale.

:D

13. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Cars are cars...even Ferraris. More power to someone that has fun with their cars no matter what time of year.

14. Nathan360

Nathan360 Karting

Apr 17, 2010
    Manchester / England
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I am glad some of you enjoyed it.

I had another go the next morning, it was recorded on a poor quality phone, but as engine was fully warm I could use more of the revs.

It is getting quite mucky.
    Sorry about that
    ...but I have a plan, I'm going to let it get as bad as possible then in spring wash it and post photos of before and after. Then people can make their own minds up if it damages the car or not.

I like the old Ferraris that have battered seats etc. Many people would physically disfigure themselves to have a Ferrari I personally think its disrespectful to own one and not to enjoy them as much as possible! Think of all the lost joy :(

Does anyone else have a video of snow sliding to share?

15. The Kook Abides

The Kook Abides F1 Rookie

Jan 4, 2011
  16. V-TWELVE

V-TWELVE Formula 3

Jan 1, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    Apparently there is a dress code you need to follow to enjoy your own car now. WTF?

17. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    What is really sad is your Ferrari sitting the garage unused.

My 360 was in the snow 2 weeks ago (you can search here for pics) but my 360 is also shares daily driver duties with my S2000 and gets out and driven several times a week to work and (oh the horror) grocery shopping too. A 360 is just a car (one of the very best on the road) its not some deity that needs to be prayed to daily, get out and drive it.

18. vaccarella

vaccarella Formula 3

Apr 16, 2011
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Patina! I'm now reconsidering getting my seat leather totally refurbished... maybe I'll just clean it up a bit and leave the scratches.

19. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Obviously fake: It doesn't snow in England. ;)

Except in Doctor Who Xmas specials.
    Oh wait, it's a Sycorax spacecraft breaking up in the atmosphere.
    That's not snow. It's ash. :p

20. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    Awesome!

Loved it :D

21. Sea-Dated

Sea-Dated Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    +360

22. X11OUD

X11OUD Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2008
    Manchester, England
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Disgraceful!!
    Someone enjoying their own hard earned car in a way they choose!! What is the world coming to??

23. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Yes, if that ruins a Ferrari then they cost way to much. Now doing that on dry pavement would be another story.

24. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Great to see someone enjoying their Ferrari, post more! :D

The FF guys need to respond to this! ;)

25. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    Cudos to the OP for having fun with his car in a way he sees fit. Speaking as an FF owner, we find it difficult to do donuts on the ice and snow: the darn car keeps going where we point it! But we'll keep trying.