Urraco thread | Page 31 | FerrariChat

Urraco thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by 1121034, Jun 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    With unlimited funds anything is possible. By all accounts the interior of the Bravo was very cramped and the doors very short, dictated by the shape and location of the standard fuel tanks. I would prefer an Urraco P350 with a similarly shortened wheelbase and relocated tanks.

The pre-production Urracos had hand built bodies that were substantially different to the pressed bodies of the production cars. Since the Urraco Bob is the only survivor a true replica would be no less arduous to make than a replica Bravo!

Dream on....

2. TwiceBaked

TwiceBaked Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    LP420 SVM Urraco made from #15202 is sort of a what if Urraco.. Not a Bravo body but a "Homage" to what if bertone was tasked today with making the Urraco a V8 RWD every day driver. Now that VAG owns Lambo we used all VAG parts. The R8 and the Gallardo are the same car now you can get the G in 2wd and the R8 in V8 or Lambo V10 but only awd. So we made the LP420 SVM Urraco Audi V8 rwd but are adding (GASP) twin superchargers to bring the V8 up into the Lambo HP range. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before the twin superchargers
    [​IMG]

3. samba-lee

samba-lee Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Lee Griffiths
    Love it! keep us posted with photos as you progress :)

Lee

4. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    let me tell the idea is nice

but i do not get the new front and rear lights...
    to me an urraco withe wider rims-tyres- flares and spoiler (urraco bob - look) would have been nicer looking and more lamborghini

5. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    We will show the car for the first time March 9th, at a Pre-Lambo 50th party / rally here in So. California. And yes it is slated to to go Italy for the 50th grand tour.

6. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    EMILIO wait until its painted and done. We were not going for a retro race rally car look, just bring the Urraco forward to 2013. Wide body not pantara group 5 flairs, front clip not drop spoiler chin and did away with the flat arse that looked like the Ferrari and other flat arse cars of the day. Note the lights are all VAG. Headlamps though are an homage to the mighty M. just could not do the pop up light boxes in 2013.

Here is the history
    Back story straight out of an ebay ad but all true.. Fact is there is a documentary being filmed on the car history.

1973 a Little green P250 Urraco made its way from Bertone to Lamborghini then off to California where, Paul Spencer the III bought the little Bull (Urraco is a little Bull) he resided in Upland California, he also had a home in Lake Arrowhead where the car was for the fun mountain drive up Hwy 18. 197X (77 or 78) Paul had a motor fire on his way up the mountain HWY 18, the car was taken by the insurance company for disposal.

1978 The car was presented at auction in Los Angeles as a tow through parts car, it showed minor fire damage, well at least to me a high school kid who only saw a lamborghini in a price range that worked. Called my Father who made me a deal, I could bid up to I think $10,000 but the car had to be able to be re-built and I had to put the money back in my collage fund or sell the car when it came time to go to Loma Linda University in fall of 1979. It was a BIG gamble and he backed the bet. Car was bought for $6,000 we put $3,000 into it that summer / winter by spring we had it ready for my high school senior banquet (we did not have prom). It was a magical time as the car made its debut at the banquet. That summer I drove the car up to our home in Lake Arrowhead and parked it at (NO LAUGHING) the Lake Arrowhead Yacht Club we race small boats but we call it a yacht club so dont think its some high-fallotin joint. When I parked the car a good friend of mine, whos son I raced Hobie cats with came up and said hey that's my car, yes Paul Spencer. Proudly, I said no its mine now, the summer was off the chart fun with the little green bull up and down hwy 18.

1979 at the end of an amazing summer my father called in the deal, yes a deal is a deal honor it, the car was sold to a friend of his who in actuality did most of the work on the car with me. Chuck took the car to Long Beach Ca. where he lived, he painted it red like every other Italian car, but I digress. That was the last I saw of the car or so I thought.

2011 My mother passed away then a few months later my father passed away. About a week or so after the passing of my father, I was thinking of all the really cool things he had done for all of his kids, friends and other family members. I was honored to help him pass with honor a deal is a deal. The Little Green Lamborghini saga has always been with me. You can check my ebay searches and see I had an active search going for anything Urraco. But when I looked for the first time after the service for my father, low and behold on ebay motors a 1973 P250 Lamborghini Urraco BURNED to the ground a rusty hulk. Looking at the photos in disbelief, I could see the car started life Green repainted Red plus it was for sale very close to Long Beach, California, just next door in Torrance. I worked a deal with the seller, bought the little hulk off ebay and went to see my new old friend. To say the car should have long ago been hauled off to the junk yard was a masterpiece of understatement. No motor or transmission (I did not win that auction as they were sold off in a separate auction) _

Over the last 12 months I had the car evaluated by car builders who all said it was too far gone. Alan Lee who sold me the Little Bull body off ebay said he could build it and we decided to build it as if it was a new 2013 car with the same goals as the original but use all modern parts and freshen up the design to new design standards. Many of the new parts were bought off ebay motors, we are still using eBay motors for the final parts of the build. The goal of this build is also to present the car at Lamborghini Grand Tour of Italy in May 2013 a lofty goal for any build. We are now in the final stages of having the car ready for this event where we would like to present the car for consideration as an homage to the Bertone Lamborghini they built in 1973 as a 1973 P250 Urraco with the hope they will re-badge it as a 2013 LP420 SVM Lamborghini Urraco.

7. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Great story. Normally, I prefer only back to factory specs. But there are many of our Urracos out there and slim it will be a big dollar car of 100k+ (or at least in the next 5-10yrs)....therefore it's ok to take a couple of these and modify them. I for one was hot for that orange Urraco in France, not a BOB but close. That was, I think, about 40k US....I would have jumped all over if I could. It is something I have as a project in the back of my mind.

I seem to remember it may have been you on Ltalk discussing this.

PLEASE, keep the photos of the progress coming.

8. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    Thank you.. The matter of fact is we will be 200K+ in a Urraco yes in a Urraco.. But its not the money its the homage to my father. His "project" was a 69 Mangusta that he had taken to over 500hp back in the day. One of my early memories is Dan Gurney wrenching on that car in our driveway LOL. His daily driver was his Series One Espada he loved his Lambo, six kids in an Espada NO problem. HEHEHE those were the days!

The Urraco here there was no way to bring it back original, who would drop 150K into a car worth 30K and then have 40 year old parts and 40 year old performance. I loved the car back then but lets face it if the car performed to its price back then the production numbers would have been much higher.

You may ask why the SVM.. S = ??? V = ??? M = ?? guess.

9. 7veloce

7veloce Karting

Aug 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #759 7veloce, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am looking for a Bertone factory radio plate - padded black leather/vinyl with chrome trim plus a chrome "b" on the far left side - to replace my nonfunctional Sony radio. Please let me know if you have a spare one? Tom/Colorado
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Mr Mezzanotte

Mr Mezzanotte Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2006
    UK
    Wouldn't it be very easier to fabricate one to fit ?

11. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
  12. 7veloce

7veloce Karting

Aug 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Yes, I did check my Urraco and there is a factory oil cooler in front of the water radiator. So I think you must have the same factory set up.

It was 50 F out today so I took the Urraco out for a few drive. It was great fun.

Tom/Colorado

13. BRAVO-V8

BRAVO-V8 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    LYON (France)
    Is it possible to have some photo? on the Silhouette and early Jalpa the oil cooler was fitted at the front, the oil filter was also fitted at the front. is the oil is take from the engine at the place of the original oil filter? is there an oil pump added?

14. Anthony bentley

Anthony bentley Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    London
    Full Name:
    Anthony Bentley
    Is this your car?

15. 7veloce

7veloce Karting

Aug 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Sorry, it is an AC condenser (part no. 4508810), not a oil cooler. I should looked a bit closer the first time. Tom/Colorado

16. 7veloce

7veloce Karting

Aug 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Does anyone know where I can get a Brake Failure Warming Light Switch (below the radio)? Is it a Fiat part? X-reference? Tom/Colorado

17. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    My ex-car 20200 - sold in 2009 after 23 years of ownership

18. 7veloce

7veloce Karting

Aug 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Ok, I found the answer today after I took dash brake check/warning light/switch out. It is a Lucas switch, part no. 39151 A037 with 4 connectors on the back Northwest Import Parts has the correct switch for $19. Tom/Colorado

19. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Wow, a $19 part......go fuigure :)

20. Anthony bentley

Anthony bentley Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    London
    Full Name:
    Anthony Bentley
    I missed out on it last year was gutted.

21. 7veloce

7veloce Karting

Aug 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I am planning to replace my P111 cam, AC and alt. belts and bearings. Before I order all the parts, I would like to confirm with all of you to make sure:

Parts and Prices in US as of 2/22013

(a) Cam-belt - Lambo part #1205844. Gates #5013, x-ref to Fiat 130 (180 teeth and 1" wide) --$76.79. Source: RockAuto.com - ALL THE PARTS YOUR CAR WILL EVER NEED
    (b) Alt. belt - Lambo part #1205845. SKF PHG 367 L-100 (100 teeth) -- $18.77. Source - Rocky Mountain Supply - Rocky Mountain Supply
    (c) AC belts (2) - Lambo part #4508806. SKF PHG 3V400 (smooth) or 3BX400 (cog) -- $10.63 each. Source - Rocky Mountain Supply.
    (d) Cam belt bearing - Lambo part #8502501. SKF 3205 ZZ or 2Z (OD 52 mm, ID 25mm, 20.6 mm deep), fully shielded, rpm limit is 10,000-12,000 -- $54.43 each. Source - Rocky Mountain Supply.

Do I need to replace 3 or 4 bearings? Is SKF 3205 ZZ the right size to fit in the housing (Lambo part #1205929)? Can I replace the belts and bearings without taking the engine out? Any posts on this? Please advise.

22. Jamesark

Jamesark Karting

Nov 12, 2007
  23. 7veloce

7veloce Karting

Aug 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I am still waiting for confirmation and input on the parts below for my P111. Please take a look the list and provide your comments and suggestions. I just want to make sure I get the correct parts before I start on the work.

Tom/Colorado

24. unojung

unojung Karting

May 18, 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Uno Junghans
    I had a friend replace the belts in his P250 with the engine in place.
    I remember he said it was a pain in the b...
    But he got it done.

25. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #775 4re Nut, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017