Well sorted? | FerrariChat

Well sorted?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Scott4139, Jan 27, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scott4139

Scott4139 Rookie

Jan 22, 2009
    I hear this term advertised a lot. I sounds to me like it means a car with all known problems fixed and ready for care free driving for miles and miles.

So if I do my homework and find a "well sorted" car at a premium price can I assume only routine maintenance after that?

I'd rather pay more upfront to avoid problems.

Scott

2. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    Funny term, I would never trust anything in an advertisement.

Well sorted could mean the crash the prior owner had has been re sprayed, to the factory issues and Lemon laws have been exhausted.

I got a County Range Rover Classic well sorted to sell you. It had been on so many sorties in the woods over the years and pulled so many wanna be 4 wheelers out of the mud, it has been well sorted.

Air suspension replaced with springs, radio taken out, Leather covered, and fog lamps....Well sorted..........you get the drift

3. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Well sorted I reckon is a colloquial term for the fact that the car is in good condition and is well maintained.

I would agree though what exactly "well sorted" is is open to interpretation.

4. Scott4139

Scott4139 Rookie

Jan 22, 2009
    I was referring to people here at Ferrari Chat who say they've got their car "well sorted". It seems to imply a solid dependable car.

5. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Probably means that someone recently "threw" a considerable amount of $ at it to have something addressed :) Either outright broken or preventive.

6. Mr. V

Mr. V Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    I understand it to mean that there are no known problems with the car, that all have been successfully addressed / corrected, all maintenance is current, and the car operates flawlessly.

7. teachdna

teachdna Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2001
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Robbins
    If....I used it in an advertisement it would mean is the following:
    the car is completely up to date on all factory recognized issues.
    the car is completely up to date on all the well-recognized issues that have popped up over the years. For the 550 these include such things as the old style motor mounts, the various hoses that can rot or blow, the actuators, the cats or ECUs, the alarm system, the dash relays, the potential leather shrinkage on the dash, the sticky buttons and, perhaps, a few others.

"Well sorted" means those issues have all been addressed and documented in the recent (1-3 years) past. Throw in a major for good measure and the car is ready to go and will cost a minimum in maintenance in the near future, barring the unexpected.

The term is well used and potentially important to the prospective buyer as it can save many thousands of dollars.

8. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    +1. At least, that's what I meant when I used the term here yesterday. Nothing more I can think of to do with the car other than customize it with different wheels, etc.