Meaning of a Challenge Stradale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Meaning of a Challenge Stradale

Discussion in '360/430' started by jameslyons13, Jan 25, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. awatkins

awatkins Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2005
    SFO Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Alan Watkins
    So, back to the OP's original question, I wonder the same thing myself, having seen guys specifying "has not been tracked" as a criterion. What, in their mind, is it about "being tracked" that makes a CS unacceptable? Is this some form of automotive virginity that's being sought, or is there more to it than that?

2. jameslyons13

jameslyons13 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Torrance CA
    Full Name:
    James Lyons
    I think there are two types of CS owners. When the car first came out, especially in Europe, purchasers found the ultimate street legal race car. They tracked it , raced it and enjoyed it like the car was meant to be used. And a handful purchased the car as collectors and stored it with their many others (these will be the $200,000 plus cars with little to zero miles).

Today, I think we have two new types of CS owners. A few years ago, the car was priced very low in the used market and there was a high supply available. This made the car available to some that couldn't afford the car years prior. Its now being purchased by a growing group that drive the car a little and track even less while trying to keep the car as pure as possible for later resale value and the other type that are current Ferrari owners with more that two cars in their stable that want the best CS (or more than one) that they can find to store in their garages and look at and hope its stock gets scarce as its popularity keeps escalating. It could happen but with today's advancements like the 430 Stradale and I am sure a 458 Stradale that is coming, this will keep the prices in check because current owners will sell/trade in to buy something more advanced, will sell because of the Ferrari fear of a 10 plus year old car packing on miles and some will sell just because of mans need for something different.

3. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    #28 stokpro, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    Yes, been kicking around some ideas for a large gathering to celebrate 10 year anniversary. I'm thinking Northern CA. Perhaps right around the same time as Monterey to allow guys who are coming from afar to enjoy two events on one trip. Will keep you posted.

I have been contemplating a road trip to Road America for this summer's FCA finale.

Nice Dave!! The background of your pic reminds me of this... and if all goes right we could have a large convoy of CS's on those same roads. :)

Attached Files:

4. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    where were you two Sundays ago? We had 3 CS out. Could have been 4!!

5. Prancing Horse

Prancing Horse Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Awesome pic of the GTOs stokpro. Good idea on a CS gathering during Concour week in Monterey.

Arizonaitalian - is that Mendocino? There are fantastic roads up there.

Did 300+ miles on Sat. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-THsLwhMdfM]Ferrari Club Delta Dash '13 - YouTube[/ame]

6. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Was in Scottsdale. I'm here this weekend for the Saturday drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Was on the San Mateo coast near Pescadero.

8. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    #33 stokpro, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here's another one from "The Reserve". I can see it now, 50+ CS's at The Reserve. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Wowzers.

Yeah, hook us up at the reserve next year! I'm keeping my CS at least until the tenth anniversary I've decided (if I ever sell it)

10. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    That's the plan but we'll see what happens. Might be best to keep it to a manageable size group. The Reserve has some great spots for parking/displaying the cars beyond the parking lot.

Good choice on keeping the CS. :)

11. BigP1202

BigP1202 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2007
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Andrew, this is an amazing idea! While not an owner I will make every effort to make it out there to witness such a spectacle of automotive perfection :)

Peter

12. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Hope to see you there!

13. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
    love the gto!!!

14. LamboRider

LamboRider Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2011
    I have never heard this before, are you lifting before apexing then coming out of the turn slow?

15. Jompen

Jompen Formula Junior

May 27, 2006
    The CS is a great car. Every time I drive it it my heart starts beating and it puts abig smile on my face. I track it a few times every year, BUT, it has no full cage, it has no 6 pts harnesses and you cant put on MPSC, the only street/ track tire worth the name.

16. Jompen

Jompen Formula Junior

May 27, 2006
    I guess lack of torque was the only reason for not going faster...