CS Market | Page 177 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Rosso one at Miller, Andrew, thumbs up? No Nero, Rosso will work for me :)

2. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    #4402 stokpro, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ron, my CS wearing #64 in your honor! :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. atomic80

atomic80 Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Where it always rain
    Full Name:
    Jason T
    Great picture, AH. I saw it pop up on Flickr earlier today. :)

4. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    I know the owner of that CS. You have a PM.

If you like Rosso, there's a very nice, no stories, no paintwork RS CS with factory stripe, 12.8k mi, red/blk alcantara interior, red calipers, factory hi-fi and extinguisher, fully serviced, major + belts done 600mi ago by authorized dealer that is coming available this week. And it's only about 8 hours away from you. Road trip!

5. firefisher

firefisher Karting

Jan 15, 2010
    New York
    Full Name:
    George
  6. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    That was the exact same thought that went through my head. I also figured it was due to the lighting conditions.

7. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Common on silver Strads.

Can't say I am surprised. George, hopefully you're the new owner.

8. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Awesome! I love it!

9. atomic80

atomic80 Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Where it always rain
    Full Name:
    Jason T
    #4409 atomic80, Jan 29, 2013
  10. firefisher

firefisher Karting

Jan 15, 2010
    New York
    Full Name:
    George
    Nope, I just missed it. As I was driving there Tuesday morning to meet the dealer as discussed on Monday, he called and said one of the previous owners put a hold on the car till 4:00PM. I still went to look at it as per his advice. The car was flawless. I left with my fingers crossed, but a few hours later he confirmed that the previous owner is buying it. Its one of his best customers that buys a new car or two every year, so I see where he's coming from.

11. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    HAWT!

Bummer! I dig that interior. There's that other factory striped CS I mentioned coming up but I anticipate it being pre-sold.

12. awatkins

awatkins Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2005
    SFO Peninsula
    Full Name:
    Alan Watkins
  13. firefisher

firefisher Karting

Jan 15, 2010
    New York
    Full Name:
    George
    The car was mint. The interior was nice too. Drivers seat had normal expected wear. That was the only way to tell car was used.

Nice CS for sure. Not factory stripe. Clear applied over non factory stripe.

14. canadiantifosi

canadiantifosi Formula Junior

Jul 2, 2008
    uh...guess...
    Full Name:
    Canadian Tifosi Sr.
    Quick question for the CS aficionados. How much does the factory stripe affect the price of a CS?

I know this is a tough question to answer but let's say for the sake of searching for an answer that there are two identical CSs, mileage, condition, story-free history etc. One has the factory stripe the other has a dealer installed stripe. Would there be a price difference and if so, how much.

Any ideas?

Cheers-Colin

15. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    *checks pockets for money*
    nope :( one of these days...

Beautiful car!! Nothing better than black+tan on any car. On the CS it is perfect.

16. Dkirschner@ScottsdaleFerrari

BANNED

Jul 24, 2008
    Hello V Tach

I'm sorry you feel this way but lets tell the real facts here since were chatting you bought your car from Scottsdale Lotus correct not Scottsdale Ferrari? We wholesaled Lotus the car and afterwards you bought the car from them. Then you brought this to our attention we bought the car back for what we sold the car to the Lotus for your loss should have come from them since it was there profit in the first place. I'm sorry we don't know the history behind every used car we sell here at Scottsdale Ferrari last year in 2012 we sold 128 used Ferrari's and so far 17 used Ferrari's this month (January 2013) we also always do the right thing by our customers isnt that correct we stood up and bought your car back even when you did't buy it from us correct?

17. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    Roughly $10k more for factory stripe.

18. Mellow

Mellow Karting

Dec 29, 2012
    CA
    Full Name:
    Mellow Yellow
    +1

19. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    It all depends on the buyer...

For me it would have been -$10K if I would have had to get a stripe car.

20. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Normally about $10k - $15k. Currently $24.5k is avg asking differential, but this number is skewed by the $189.9k CS.

21. canadianferrarista

canadianferrarista Formula 3

Jan 16, 2010
    Calgary, Ab. Canada
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    I completely agree with Vivek in regards to this incident and his experience with your company, whether or not they are subsidiary companies.
    As a reputable dealer, you have an obligation to research, find out and disclose issues about Ferraris you may sell; even if they are discovered after the point of sale and it was sold as a no stories car.

I don't understand how you even have the conscience to post what you wrote.
    I buy my Ferraris from the US even though I am from Canada and I expect my selling dealers to be COMPLETELY HONEST and make things right.

I don't know how long you have personally been involved in business or the car business, but Ferrari buyers (myself included) work very hard for our money and spending north of $130K+ for a used car deserves that the buyer be treated with respect and honesty.....this is not a one time sale/deal where you don't deal with a buyer again.....unless this is your business operating model, in which case I would not ever want to deal with your companies or even consider looking at any of your cars that you have for sale....even if it seemed like a fair price.

I think you should re evaluate your reason for your comments....you come across as defensive and with justification that what transpired is acceptable...NOT.

I just want to let you know that I have been in business 30 years in the construction industry, and when my employees or I have ever made mistakes, my company stands behind it 100% and I have always made it right.....that is the right thing to do if you are to be considered a respectable and reputable business entity.

22. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #4422 Mikestradale, Jan 31, 2013
    Here it is :)

ZFFDU57A640136965

2004 Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale - Newport Beach

23. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
  24. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    They are not subsidiary companies to the best of my knowledge. From what it sounds like here, Scottsdale Ferrari sold the car to Scottsdale Lotus, an unrelated company, and then Scottsdale Lotus sold it to the poster here. Scottsdale Ferrari then bought the car back from him even though they weren't the ones who sold it to him. It sounds pretty 'stand up' to me on the part of Scottsdale Ferrari. They bought back a car from an unsatisfied customer of another dealer. They had wholesaled the car and were under no obligation to do so.

25. bjm

bjm Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #4425 bjm, Jan 31, 2013
    Agreed. I had no desire for the boy racerish strip . My preference was for a TDF/Tan non-striped car. The CS for an adult if you will ;)

You can always add a stripe later to a Non striped car for a new look, but you cant de-stripe (without seriously effecting value) a factory striped car when you get tired of the attention the stripe WILL bring.