Murci + GTR Crash | FerrariChat

Murci + GTR Crash

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by jahdish, Feb 4, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jahdish

jahdish Karting

Aug 9, 2004
    tampa, fl
    Full Name:
    Paul Dziadosz
  2. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #2 Mark(study), Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Same car last month at DuPont Cars & Coffee?

Its always so tragic to hear that a fellow driver has lost his life. Moments like this remind us all about the danger inherent in our chosen passion.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    A 24 year old chick was driving?

4. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #4 Mark(study), Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    From the small bits of news floating around the web... it wasn't her car, its been suggested that she owned a high performance Audi.

When I first heard the news, I was trying to figure out how a Lambo hit a random car... and it just happened to be a GT-R?

I'm guessing they were running together on a newly built road that is still pretty much empty. Maybe the GT-R was turning around to come back for another run when the guest driver in the Lambo lost control?

Its very unsettling when something like this happens... brings one back to a sense of whats really important in life.

5. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    solid example why driving a supercar shouldn't be taken lightly.

i hear that her parents are pretty wealthy. maybe it was her parents car. either way, nothing more tragic than losing a child. RIP

6. alexkam

alexkam Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Sunny CA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    So sad to hear this RIP. Prayers to the families and the injured driver.

7. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    R.I.P very sad to hear this. My condolences to the families. Speed requires attention and caution. Very young kids. What a pity.....

8. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    So freaky.

RIP.:(

Here's an article with interview from passenger in GTR. Sounds like the girl was driving, but it was owned by someone by the name Samuel Hampton.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/article/296125/8/Survivor-of-deadly-LamborghiniNissan-crash-speaks-out

9. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
  10. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    I know Lambo guys don't like the GTR, but come on this type of action is ridiculous.

11. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

owner of the lambo was only 24 years old? seems a bit young to be armed w/ such a missle. are 24 yr old kids really buying cars such as this? i must be getting old!

12. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Pete,

The Jalopnik blog has this response:

"Stephen Alspaugh - yesterday
    As a personal friend of Sam Hampton. I would like to clear a few things up. Yes he was the owner of this Super car. He actually owned between 13-17 exotics at any given time. I beleive at the time of his death he owned 14...."

Apparently he had 14 exotics, not just one. 24 does seem a bit young to have that many exotics.

13. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The story I was told, is that his parents passed away and he inherited a large sum of money. Have no idea if this is true. But it makes senses when you think of all the logical ways someone just out of college could own a Lambo... let alone a fleet of exotics.

14. Highlow

Highlow F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2006
    Sac
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    I met Sam several times at various events in Tampa. Nice guy, loved cars.

His FB page shows his garage and it is WILD.

I was told that his parents owned a lot of land and were extremely wealthy, I don't know if they are dead or alive. The FB event for his funeral doesn't mention anything about his parent so I would assume they aren't alive.

15. gday

gday Formula 3

Sep 10, 2004
    CA, USA - NSW, AUS
    Full Name:
    Mick
    Seems to have a mother names Lisa and a father names Douglas. The mothers FB page appears to be active.

-mick

16. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    So it was just a coincidence that the car the Lambo crashed into was a GTR? It seems like that is what happened. I too read this and though it was a race

17. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #17 Mark(study), Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    They were both from the same Superbowl party. They had driven out to an empty road and it looks like the GT-R had made its high-speed run and was returning to do it again, as the Lambo was just starting his run. The timing of the Lambo losing control just as the GT-R was returning from the other direction would have been almost impossible to calculate (as if you were trying to hit a bullet with a bullet)... but sadly, it looks like this is a case of anything that can go wrong, will.

So, I wouldn't call it a "coincidence" in the sense that the GT-R and Lambo driver didn't know each other.

18. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Read the news link in my post.