Hello again. | FerrariChat

Hello again.

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Boxer12, Feb 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Hey guys, its officially Ferrari season in the midwest. The snow is gone and the Robbins have landed. (The cool thing is, I will probably get to ride my sleds again once or twice yet this year, and Rocky Mtn ski season is really just getting good!) I dusted off the car and took it for a drive. Runs like new and grew a new Momo Corsa wheel over winter. So, its time to visit fchat. Have I missed anything interesting while being preoccupied with chasing snow? Jim

2. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Jim,

Glad to see that you are back.

Rob

3. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Welcome back, Jim. Well, let's see. As usual, we've extensively debated and solved most of the problems affecting society vis-a'-vis Ferrari ownership. What else...Nope. That's about it. Hope the skiing was good. I'm headed to Breck next week--getting excited. Plus, with the F1 season countdown into single digits, things are starting to buzz a little! Any plans on driving north this Spring? We'd love to have a drive some time.

4. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Thanks Rob. Jack, I need to get up there soon. I still haven't had the seatbelt work done on my car. I have been planning to drive it up rather than trailer it, and make a weekend of it. I was going to try to catch a Cubs game in the process, maybe even enjoy a nice drive on the lakeshore. I will probably be at Gingerman event, although I don't think I will enter. That track has a lot of gravel on it, and I don't want to trash my car. I can driver faster en route than I can on the track anyway. : ) (Don't tell, ok?) Jim

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Jim, give us a heads-up in case you come to the Windy City. Jack and live near Wrigley Field and are always up for a drive on LakeShore. In my mind I see a classic picture in the making: A TR flanked by a 328 and 308 on either side. Hmm, we need a camera vehicle...

6. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I'm in! I've got Cubs tix (5), so why don't we try and plan a game. Plenty of time to look at the schedule, so no hurry.

7. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    OK, Jack and Andreas, we have a plan! Andreas, I thought you were the shutter bug. Now I see where your true passion lies! So, I am sure that Openning Day is probably out of the question, but I like to catch it somewhere (usu Denver). The Cubs have such an awesome rotation this year, it will be a blast! Do you guys have M-F work schedules, or what? I am self employed, so I can work something out where I can get up there and get my car in the shop and hang out during the week. I guess I can plan the work for a Friday and be there for the weekend, either way. My schedule gets pretty booked, so I need to look at April, May June pretty soon. I know Gingerman is coming up, and so is Putnam Park. Then June is pretty busy with F1, and my wedding followed by honeymoon. That was my problem last year, I just got booked. Yep, we better get this done early in the season.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not quite sure I understand what you mean. Photography is a big deal for me, yes. And occasionally a video cam.

Anyway I work M-F, but I'm pretty flexible. Given enough heads-up I can take any day off.

9. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Andreas, what I meant is that you would seem to rather drive your Ferrari than be the one shooting the pictures. Me too.

Jack, its a good thing you have tickets. It looks like the Cubs are sold out until August. Why to try to catch a game in April? I would need to call and schedule a service at Continental. How far is that from Wrigley Field? I have never been to Continental shop.

Jim

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You hit a nerve there: Yes, I'd rather drive than take pictures. OTOH this year I want to raise my photography game a bit and you can only do that by non driving. I guess I'm looking for somebody to drive my Ferrari while I sit on the co and take pictures...Shouldn't be hard to find such a person.
    :)

Continental is about 45 - 60 minutes away from Wrigley Field. Not that distant, but depends on traffic (you have to crawl though the hillside strangler).

As mentioned, Wrigley is just around the block from my place. So after game drinks are a done deal...

11. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Maybe I will see if Continental has a 575 I can test drive while my car is in the shop, and take to the game...lol

Otherwise, I guess I will have to trailer my car so I can get around in my truck while its in the shop.

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Parking at Wrigley isn't easy, so I volunteer to valet park that 575 meanwhile...

Depending on your schedule, maybe I can give you a ride from Continental. Also Continental has their own truck, so they could pick your car up from any place in Chicagoland.