Man Cave Colorado | FerrariChat

Man Cave Colorado

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by LarryM, Feb 10, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LarryM

LarryM Rookie

Feb 10, 2013
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Larry M
    Okay, let me begin by saying that I am a big car enthusiasts that lives in Colorado.
    This review is in no way trying to slander a person or a business, this is my personal review. I can be found on a lot of forums online with different usernames. Anyways I own 5 cars and sometimes taking care of them all by myself especially here in CO, is hard. I wanted to give The Man Cave a try and so I took my 2006 Z06 over to Mike Bergren at Man Cave Detailing of Colorado.

I explained to him that I would like the paintwork to be cleaned up a bit and that the interior just needed a wipe down. He quoted me a fair price, I left the Vette over at The Man Cave for about a week. Mike ended calling me back several times explaining that they were very busy and that they will get to it soon. Finally on day five Mike Bergren called me and said that that she was all ready to be picked up.

I had my wife drive me over to the Man Cave Detailing Shop. I talked with Mike and he apologized that they could not get it to me faster. I drove the car hope that morning. The next day me and my Wife wanted to go out for some breakfast. I pulled the car out and wow the thing is ****ed! Holograms everywhere, it seems like they polished it with sandpaper.

Long story short, I wanted my paintwork to be corrected and perfected not to be polished with rocks!

If you live in Colorado do NOT ever go to The Man Cave in Colorado.

Good luck, Larry

2. Mowgli

Mowgli Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2009
    Bristol, CT
    This thread is worthless without pics. Don't reply unless you supply them. Words don't mean ****.

3. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    #3 leead1, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
    Thank you to the OP on the warning. If I lived in CO I would listen to this data point and if others say the same then we know. On the other hand not all customers are fair so who knows what the real story is. Which is this gentlemans point I suspect.

If it was my car I would go talk to the guy and have a civil conversation. If it is true and wants to stay in business for the long run he will fix it. If he gets angry then you can talk to a lawyer.

Most of the times with civil and honest discussion things are worked out.

Only once in my life did I even mention the legal route. Not getting into the details the guy cheated me. When I talked to him in a calm and civil manner he gegan to threaten me and throw out the Fxxx this and Fxxx you and so on. He had his three grown sons there to further intimitate me and my wife. I just left and told him he would be hearing from me. He then called the poice to have me taken off the property.

I wrote him a certified letter telling him in point of view and included copies of the agreement. He had one week to comply or I was turning this over to my attorney.

One week later snd a letter from an attorney and he complied with the ageement. I took no more or less than the orignal agreement eas for and what was prepaid

If he had not I would have moved forward. Obviously after the work was finished I never went back.

Lee

4. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Sorry to hear that Larry, you should post in the Colorado section though...

5. Interesting to hear this as I was thinking of having them detail my Lotus this spring. So with Intrigue Detail gone from Colorado, who's the best place in town?

6. Falcon Wing

Falcon Wing Formula 3

Aug 4, 2010
    Colorado Springs
  7. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Pictures certainly speak louder than words in this case.

8. MichaelB145

MichaelB145 Karting

Apr 22, 2010
    at the Man Cave
    Full Name:
    Michael Bergren
    Thanks to all of those who emailed me about this post. I must have made someone mad but I don't think it was from our quality of our work. I pulled up a list of every client named Larry and none of them own a Z06. It seems like this is a fake profile as it was created same day and claiming to own cars like a 458, 911 Turbo, a Raptor and now a Z06. I think this is a former detailer of The Man Cave who is now a competitor. The Man Cave details more exotic cars then any other shop in Colorado and was voted best detail shop on Denver's A-list (Best Detailing in the Denver area - Denver A-List). I hope this doesn't discourage Ferrari owners from trying us out.

If by chance this is an actual customer and had a car detailed by us, please contact me privately at 303-279-7333 or email me on our website at ManCaveDetail.com and I will make sure we fix the holograms or refund you completely. Our reputation is very important to me and will ALWAYS make sure our clients are happy.

Michael Bergren
    Man Cave Colorado
    303-279-7333 shop
    303-929-1998 cell
    ManCaveDetail.com

9. MichaelB145

MichaelB145 Karting

Apr 22, 2010
    at the Man Cave
    Full Name:
    Michael Bergren
    #9 MichaelB145, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2013
    Here is a screen shot of our customer list.

[link deleted by moderator]

10. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #10 Rifledriver, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2013
    Keep your customer list private.

If people really fall for bull**** unsubstantiated internet character assassination you don't want them as clients anyway.

Let your work and your customers do your talking.

11. MB_Fahrer

MB_Fahrer Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Rick
    #11 MB_Fahrer, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I had my X5 spruced up a bit by The Man Cave. Mike and his team did a wonderful job. The clear bra was installed perfectly, the PDR came out great, and the buff job is top notch. I would, and will, take my business back to them in the future.

Picture of said X5 after the detail is attached.

Thanks again Mike!
    Ricky W
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Take your complaints/ comments to Yelp.

The Man Cave - Golden, CO

PS. Seems like OP is a fraud. 3 posts? No pics? Delete/ close the thread.

13. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I agree the OP does not come across as 100% legit. I won't close the thread though. Firstly it is generally FChat policy to allow everyone their say but secondly I also think it gives real owners who are happy with the company a chance to post their experiences.

I think Michael's reply come across as very professional and balanced.

If those directly involved in this see it differently they can directly PM myself or one of the other mods here.

14. MichaelB145

MichaelB145 Karting

Apr 22, 2010
    at the Man Cave
    Full Name:
    Michael Bergren
    I guess with owning a business, things like this will happen. I would be a fool to say that 100% of the cars coming out of our shop are perfect. I have had as many as 5 detailers working for me and I'm sure along the way a couple of cars have slipped through without being inspected by myself or Erik. We even call ourselves an OCD Detail shop because we hold our guys to an extremely high level of standard uncommon in this industry. We would make a lot more money only accepting cars that we can bust out in 2-3 hours each but my passion is with exotic and vintage cars that may take several days to complete.

15. Erik Johnson

Erik Johnson Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Erik Johnson
    Speaking as someone who lives in Colorado, and speaks with people who have a wide variety of exotic cars, on a daily basis, I can honestly say that I have never heard anything but the very best regarding The Man Cave.

I have no personal experience to report, but things like poor quality or service tend to spread quickly in the community, and it seems a shame that someone would perhaps put a un-true statement out about a company just to make a buck.

Just my .02

Erik

16. LarryM

LarryM Rookie

Feb 10, 2013
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Larry M
    Thank you for the replies everyone, Mike Bergren I have tried calling the shop afterwards but no answer. It was on a Sunday when I called so I left a message on how disappointed I was, I never got a call back from anyone. I tried calling your cell phone never got an answer, almost like you ignored all of my calls and messages.

@Mowgli I am not trying to prove a point. I think I may have some pictures that I took that morning when we went for breakfast.

@leead1 I understand that in most cases things are sorted out between the parties. However if Mike wants to ignore my phone calls and never made any attempt to solve my issues, or call me back, that's not okay with me. I know for sure he and his business will never touch my car(s) again or will I ever get near his shop. The price I paid was very reasonable, I don't have time to deal with attorneys for something like this.

@MikeB145 It is indeed unbelievable that I own those cars and I am sure if you treated my Z06 with the proper care I would of have taken all the cars down. Showing your contact list is not a good idea on the internet.

@Rifledriver I agree with you! Word of mouth is your biggest marketing.

@MB_Fahrer I am glad that The Man Cave did a good job on your BMW, It looks great from what I see in the pictures. Too bad I was not pleased with their work.

@Mbutner I have no complaints or comments I have a personal review. I might get around to adding a short comment on Yelp, as I have told you I use a lot of forums with different usernames. I did not have a FerrariChat account until a few weeks ago. I decided to write this review after listening to Willy B speak to Mike on KBPI one morning. I thought that what was said is misleading to the community, so that's why I decided to spend a few minutes writing a review.

@Simon If you find it necessary to move my post please do to a right forum or sub-forum.

@MikeB145 Flawless perfect work is not always the case, I am just unhappy that you made no attempt to contact me after all of my phone calls, and messages. Not fixing an unhappy client is defiantly not a good way to do business in my opinion.

@Erik Johnson So anytime someone writes a review, the statements that are made are untrue? Too make a quick buck?

Too sum it up, I am not trying to prove points, win arguments, or whatever else you may want to accuse me of doing. I had a horrible experience with The Man Cave, someone else might had the best experience, great. I am not trying to post comments and complaints everywhere of how unhappy I was, and still am. I really have better things to do, currently my post here is on page three on Google under the keyword "man cave colorado" like I said before I am not trying to slander anyone and make anyone upset, in my opinion this review is good enough. Like Rifledriver said, let the work do the talking.

I will try and find the pictures I took that morning, the paintwork on the car is now corrected. I met a guy at a car show that does great work. Two times the amount Mike at The Man Cave quoted me but well worth it.

Before you send your car down to anyone, do lots of research! I wouldn't let The Man Cave polish a bicycle, but that's just me.

Cheers,

Larry

17. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    Still awaiting pics. Not calling you a liar or anything, but you said you have them so why don't you post them and make all the skeptics change their minds.

If this is just internet slander due to personal issues.....well that's just about as low as you can go. Reputation is everything.

18. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This

19. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I own a water treatment company in Northern Calif and recently had my service guy tell me a customer called another company for service, mentioned calling us...and had the company bad mouth us so bad (ie: incompetent, bankrupt, etc) that the customer called us and used our service to his complete satisfaction. Some people have nothing better to do than BS people and steal monies anyway they can...BTW been in business 17 yrs.

20. Mowgli

Mowgli Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2009
    Bristol, CT
    This is retarded. Usually in a case of deprecation, people want to know if it is a solid complaint or someone just talking **** because they are bored. You should not have clicked "New Post" with out putting any form of proof on the table.

Would you consider it a legitimate and 100% believable source of wrong doing, If I was to make a thread saying your raped my baby? Yes I know the analogy is a strong one, but it's to prove a point. Forums are very much like courts. People want all the info possible to make an educated decision for themselves. You come up with just a couple of paragraphs about a possible experience with this shop, expecting everyone to scream "**** them" with you? Get real. That **** would get thrown out in court or here.

21. 0.0.1.99

0.0.1.99 Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2012
    Carolinas
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Larry post yer receipt from Man Cave. Or was the paintwork on the receipt already corrected as well? If anyone is keeping score:

Larry 1 (post 1)
    Man Cave 2 (posts 11 & 15)
    Total suspicion 10+ (all remaining posts)

22. MichaelB145

MichaelB145 Karting

Apr 22, 2010
    at the Man Cave
    Full Name:
    Michael Bergren
    I'm not trying to "win" this argument, because in my experience, the minute you win is when you really lost. I am very good about answering the phone and even better at returning messages and assure everyone I am not avoiding any calls. We have only polished 2 Z06's at the shop and neither were this "Larry".

I promise Larry will not be able to provide a picture of his car or a reciept because it simply did not happen.

23. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Seems classy to me. You know what Mark Twain said about arguing with stupid people right?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.". Mark Twain

24. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    You should take that customer list pic down..........

25. MichaelB145

MichaelB145 Karting

Apr 22, 2010
    at the Man Cave
    Full Name:
    Michael Bergren
    Is the customer list still showing up? I deleted it off of photobucket. Ferrari chat doesn't give me the ability to delete it here.