THE F70 (LaFerrari) Thread | Page 262 | FerrariChat

THE F70 (LaFerrari) Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Greg23, Jun 6, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    That's what I thought but wasn't able to post
    Thanks

2. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    cool video! Great sound!

Is that mr. Benuzzi driving?

3. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I often wondered why Ferrari V8s sounded so different from say a Chevy V8. The sound of an American V8 is wonderful, not so much the Ferrari's albeit still great.

But this likely F150 mule had a great sound to it, yet the Enzo did not sound like the Enzo's I have seen and heard in person.

Possibly the Enzo was testing another version of the F150 engine?

4. jenniferj521

jenniferj521 Rookie

Jun 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    I hope so! Maybe there will be a few less people to get in the way of the lens. That will not be the case during the show!

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    It sounds to me more like a Vintage racer V12 sound from the 60's. Very cool.

6. fabiolrs

fabiolrs Guest

Dec 17, 2007
    John
    Full Name:
    NY

At 0:43 of that video, can anyone else see an active aero device at the opening at the front hood? At 0:43 it looks like there is something "opening" and "closing" there!

7. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    No doubt about it. The bonnet vents open. Good catch.

8. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I think they are fixed and its just the effect of the bright sunlight washing over them.

>8^)
    ER

9. Noblesse Oblige

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    On second look I think you are right.

10. fabiolrs

fabiolrs Guest

Dec 17, 2007
    John
    Full Name:
    NY

I really can't figure out.

Actually, if that is fixed it's ugly as hell.

11. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    hi tone def. envy you - your life is simple if you think the sound of an american v8 is better than a ferrari. you can buy less expensive cars and be maximum happy

12. jcosta79

jcosta79 Formula 3

Nov 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    LaJonathan
    Wow. I think we have the condescension knob turned up to 11!

13. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

Exactly what came to my mind. Just need a few more pops and bangs during the shifts. ;)

14. Noblesse Oblige

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Almost certainly part of the camouflage.

15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The final sound is different according to people that have heard it on presentations. Formula 1 scream at high RPM is what they said...

16. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    As time goes along there information on the new f150, I really start to despair and ferrari behavior amazes me.
    What is your opinion ?

17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Not really.
    DM18 always gets an example of each new Ferrari to hear and drive. Then he can compare them to the Ferrari classic models in his collection! Maybe even an F70 will appear in his collection...
    CH

18. jcosta79

jcosta79 Formula 3

Nov 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    LaJonathan
    What does that have to do with calling someone "simple" just because he likes the sound of an American V8 vs a V8 from Ferrari?

19. pamparius

pamparius Formula Junior

May 16, 2007
    germany
    he didn't call him simple, he called a life, in which you are happy with an american v8 instead of an italian bella macchina simple. because the american cars are in general cheaper than ferraris...

20. jcosta79

jcosta79 Formula 3

Nov 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    LaJonathan
    I understand your point, but that's like saying: "I envy the guy that is happy drinking his bottle of Reunite versus the expensive imported stuff that I like. His life is so much simpler."

The connotation is that the other guy is only happy because he has never experienced the "good" stuff, most likely because he cannot afford it.

21. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    you can certainly extrapolate a lot into straight-forward words. my comment was direct. no hidden meaning

22. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    in fact i will be in maranello tomorrow. as you note i do like current cars too.

23. jcosta79

jcosta79 Formula 3

Nov 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    LaJonathan
    My apologies. I often forget that many posters here are from overseas and likely English is not their first language. I will have to readjust my reading. :)

24. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    Love the LFA, Carrera GT, Zonda F/R sounds. I was never that crazy over Enzo sound (chainsaw in a oil drum), but new range of V12's sound immediately better. FF with Novitec exhaust sounds pretty wicked. i'm sure F70 will sound amazing. having said that, i still find it a bit funny that NO modern Ferrari even remotely comes close to that 'F1 Sound...'FXX etc included, , as every publication, journo spouts...but rather, V12's from the old tractor builder has Ferrari 12's whipped sound wise. i've said it, post it before but it never gets old...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go6kxyKSDZ0]Lamborghini Murcielago R-SV on Lückendorf hill climb - YouTube[/ame]

25. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I still have to hear something other than a Formula 1 car sound more F1-ish than an FXX...

Anyway, the 599 GTO made an amazing sound and surely Ferrari will want to top that one!