THE F70 (LaFerrari) Thread | Page 264 | FerrariChat

THE F70 (LaFerrari) Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Greg23, Jun 6, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    It was confirmed to me that the record I spoke of much earlier in this thread is within sight. If you missed it, I mentioned Ferrari wanting one record with this car, and it seems that a time was recorded within a couple tenths of having that record for a production car. Ferrari may further tweak the car to achieve this record, at any rate it's a blindingly quick time. Mclaren are close as well, and they may very well beat Ferrari to the record. The 'standard F150' will have a couple options that will make it lighter or heavier, I don't know if that will come into play, yet. It seems the second version I spoke of is becoming a much more real possibility there are now at least six standing 'orders' for the second version, including a friend of mine 'ordering' one. In fact, there may be more than two versions coming over the next few years, however nothing is solid right now, as I said Ferrari needs more buyers to commit in order to make the second version a viable option. All Ferrari fans have been craving this kind of thing from Ferrari, and there are people within Ferrari trying to make it a reality. A couple Fchatters have been approached with this other project, hopefully there is enough momentum within Ferrari to make it stick. Nothing is for sure yet. As things become more solid, I can reveal more, there is no point in counting chickens or cars before they hatch.

2. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Michael - you seem to be being intentionally vague, but is it the 0 - 300 km/h record that Hennessey just took from the Koenigsegg which Ferrari is after or the slightly more challenging 0 - 300 km/h - 0 record which I believe Koenigsegg still hold?

>8^)
    ER

3. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Sounding great :) I hope it happens... Yes I remember seem like forever ago about the record...

Other than seeing her do you know what sorta info will be released at Geneva ? i.e. Specs, Options etc

4. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No-one answered your question (they just argued about it...) :)

The reason for the difference in sound is that Ferrari V8 engines have a flat plane crank whereas American V8s have a crossplane crank. There are two key differences in practice; flatplan cranks have no counterweights so are lighter and thus spin faster and can achieve higher revs and they have different timing due to the crank layout. These two elements mean that flatplane V8 engines have a smooth sound with a large frequency range. Crossplane V8s on the otherhand have an uneven "woofle" exhaust rumble due to interference between the exhaust on the second and third cylinders of each bank (this interference is avoided in cars like the GT40 and DeTomaso Pantera with their "bunch of snakes" exhaust systems).

That was very brief - hope that helps :)

Too funny :D

5. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    You know why I'm being vague :), but I can tell you, that isn't the record.

6. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    this is interesting. thanks for the explanation. i did not need a dictionary to understand

7. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    They are after the maximum profit per car. Costs them $n, stick their badge on and sell for 2000 x $n :D
    Pete

8. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    They and you are two tenths of a second away from making me scream if you don't give away more information!

9. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    What Car currently holds the record :)

10. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    why not extract value from the brand? isn't that what business is about? it is highly arguable that the price could be even higher and they could still shift entire production.

nobody is coercing anyone to buy. at least 399 people have decided that the car is desirable at the price.

i for one am always excited to see the latest and greatest from maranello. some float my boat and others do not.

it is a glorious time for new cars. like it or not the rate of development is staggering. 599 rendered 575 classic car and now 599 has been dealt the same fate by the f12. how is it possible not to marvel at what the f150 might hold in store?

11. arhimede

arhimede Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    0-200km/h is the record I think

12. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    Actually there are over 550 people that have expressed real interest (financial) while there will only be 'officially' slightly less than 500 cars built.

13. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Have fun today!

Gr. Martin

14. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    is that true? is 399 not the official number? that would exclude later derivatives like the xx version if built

15. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    thx. going to maranello today but will attend f150 showing on friday when Hong Kong clients have been allocated spots

16. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    Yes. They will build 'at least' 50 more 'standard F150s' than the amount of Enzos officially produced if not more.

17. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    But really, will we ever have an 'official' tally of those Enzo's produced? ;)

FWIW, I'm with you on this thread. I have a rough idea of what this car will look like and it's performance but the rest is just noise. At this point I'm just looking forward to some pleasant surprises in March.

18. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Exciting times! How's the weather in Maranello?

Gr. Martin

19. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    450 standard version, so there will be 50 cars of "second version"?

20. cridom60

cridom60 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    dominique
    Still in the frame of what they will produce, officially or not, as usual!

So slightly less than 500 officially will result in certainly around 600, plus 25 to 50 "fxx" type, so enought for everybody. Good marketing.

21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    That is not a very exciting record... :(
    I would have hoped they went for all the records out there to be honest.
    0-300 km/h or 0-200 mph or top speed would be much better IMHO. Or perhaps the Monza lap record.

22. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    The most pointless record of all in my opinion.

23. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Perhaps but still good for bragging rights. :D

24. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Could be argued any Ferrari is good for bragging rights! Lets hope the F150 is a truly beautiful Ferrari, as subjective as that is.

25. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    You won't be let down.