THE F70 (LaFerrari) Thread | Page 280 | FerrariChat

THE F70 (LaFerrari) Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Greg23, Jun 6, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Milanno

Milanno Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2012
    #6976 Milanno, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Almost as much as a Red Bull

3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Is that where your 1000000 € check goes?

4. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    #6979 Hawkeye, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    Interesting.

5. jenniferj521

jenniferj521 Rookie

Jun 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    Looks like we'll have two opportunities to view/shoot the new car. :) I just noticed this tonight. It is from the museum website...

The birth of a Supercar: an unprecedented exhibition opens this March | Ferrari Museum - Maranello

The birth of a Supercar: an unprecedented exhibition opens this March

The Prancing Horse’s eagerly-awaited new Enzo-replacement supercar will be unveiled to the world simultaneously at the Geneva Motor Show and the Ferrari Museum. That event provides the inspiration for a new exhibition illustrating the technical and stylistic development of the Prancing Horse’s unique supercars, past and present

We are all aware that Ferrari refuses to use conventional advertising as part of its communications because the cars it sells are greatly envied and desired in their own right. As a result, tangible signs of its activities are particularly important to Ferrari with the Maranello Museum providing a unique communications channel for the marque in that regard.

However, the title “Museum” fails to do justice on many levels to a space that, although it does celebrate the past, is also very much focused on the present and, to a certain extent, the future.
    On March 8th, the Museum officially opens a truly extraordinary new exhibition that will feature the simultaneous unveiling of Ferrari’s new supercar and Enzo replacement in its halls and at the Geneva Motor Show. It will also the tale of Ferrari supercar history which began with the launch of the 250 GTO and continued with the 288 GTO, the F40, the F50 and the Enzo.

The exhibition’s greatest interest and originality lies in the fact that it reveals the new car’s twin souls and explains how it came into existence. On the one hand, there is its technological soul –it is the first ever high performance road-going Ferrari to adopt the KERS system and hybrid technologies – and on the other, the story of the creative developments that resulted in the sleekly seductive forms and superb aerodynamic efficiency of its body.

Visitors will no doubt be fascinated to discover the details of the path the car went down from the idea stage to the end product. They’ll even see the models built and abandoned during the design and development stages too.

Thanks to exhibitions of this calibre, the Museum is upping its game, aiming not only to attract not just enthusiasts and the merely curious but also to communicate the company’s culture. The latter involves revealing the incredible work done by Ferrari’s men and women work to the worldwide success for which the Brand is renowned.

The exhibition runs until the end of September and is a real must-see for anyone with an interest in cars, Ferraris or otherwise. The Museum is open seven days a week between 9.30 and 18.00. Opening hours are extended until 19.00 from May 1st also.

Antonio Ghini, Head of the Ferrari Museum

6. Ferrari_Michael

Ferrari_Michael Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Not interested in Fchat v Jim v Ferrari v McLaren, but I can assure you Anthony Sherrif won't be looking for anyones money on behalf of McLaren any more, he's out.

McLaren Automotive won't be around as a company in 4 years imo, they are bleeding cash, being hit with extraordinary warranty claims, and as they are ennentially the builder of components outsouced elsewhere, they are at the mercy of their suppliers, some of whom seem totally incompetent, much like the young girls and guys actually bolting the cars together.

There will be no more new models from McLaren Automotive and the P1 will be the last we see I think. All the other groups, Absolute Taste, Applied technologies ect will be scaled down and potentially sold, McLaren Racing won't have the corperation behind it for long. There's them hoping for a bit more success in F1.

All my opinion.

Best
    Mike James

7. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Those are very serious claims.

Can you elaborate further on?

8. BlackRivazza

BlackRivazza Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2006
    Goettingen / Germany
    Full Name:
    Jens M.
    What about this? Do we see the REAL nose here? The shark mouth on the test mules could have hid an splitter as we see it in this photo. Personally, I doubt the headlight design will look pretty similar to the 458 / FF / F12 on the new hypercar...

Is dit het neusje van de Ferrari F150?

9. polm

polm Rookie

Jun 2, 2004
    #6984 polm, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  10. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Old news as usual - see post 6791.....

11. monsoreto

monsoreto Rookie

Mar 10, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Pasquale Franzé
  12. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Nope had that days ago and its not the real thing...

13. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #6988 Peloton25, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Not real - we covered that one a few pages ago when I shared it.

= = = = =

Here's a photo of the Ferrari display stand under construction in Geneva taken by my friend - Sellerie'Cimes.

No cars yet...

>8^)
    ER
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Mark ANTAR

Mark ANTAR Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2012
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Full Name:
    Mark ANTAR
    Thanks for the photo Erik. Geneva 2013 is going to be epic!!

15. LinkStar

LinkStar Karting

Nov 5, 2012
  16. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    This information is wrong, much like the information posted on the "F70" fan page that you posted. More will be revealed shortly. It amazes me the amount of misinformation and bad photoshops that are surrounding the F150.

17. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    Mike, that's not an opinion, that's a fact. Did you go for the bi-color or one solid color?

18. LinkStar

LinkStar Karting

Nov 5, 2012
    There are a lot of specs rotating around, who knows the actual.

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    What i find a bit ironic is that Ferrari invested a lot in Kers technology in the f150 project and, for what i´ve been reading, many potential buyers are morre worried than excited about the sistem...in fact, i would dare to say that most of them would prefer a lighter car without Kers...that would probably compensate the extra power without all the trouble and complication added and would be a lot cheaper and easyer to maintain in the future.
    I also believe that when batteries began to give problems, many owners will seriously consider the option off removing Kers, and i´m sure they wil find a way to do it.

20. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    I sincerely hope Jim will start a new project soon with our without an F.
    I hope to see him back at the Nürburgring 24H.
    Some car manufacturers are just plain arrogant........
    You only need to speak to some big names in historic racing or even guys that raced in modern cars.

Back on topic: the car is damn beautifull

And if you did not get the invitation to buy one.........there are other possibilities to get one.

21. LinkStar

LinkStar Karting

Nov 5, 2012
    Did you see it

22. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    I doubt it will be Sheriff as he has just been canned from McLaren it seems.... ;-)

23. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    Yup. :)

24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Sure...you can always hire Nicolas Cage to steal one for you....gone in less than 17 seconds!!!

25. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    It looks like we'll be designing, engineering and racing an official factory team in GA/ALMS starting in 2014. If this happens it will be great to see this manufacturer return to racing with an official effort.

Back on target.

I think the nose is so so and find the radiator treatment funky. The side is good and the Rear very P 4/5. Overall I agree with Chris that it's not as integrated as the P1 and is a tad "cut and paste".

Your final statement is of course correct but as I said long ago I'm no longer a buyer of modern cars preferring to make exactly what I want instead. We've begun our next road car and I'm really happy with how it's progressing.

Hopefully I'll see you at the 24 Hours of Daytona next year.