THE F70 (LaFerrari) Thread | Page 310 | FerrariChat

THE F70 (LaFerrari) Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Greg23, Jun 6, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrarithijs

ferrarithijs Karting

Jan 6, 2012
    There's just been made a Facebook-account "LaFerrari" It says: The new Ferrari.
    I don't think it's official, just a fan made it or something, but you never know!

Laferrari | Facebook

Thijs

2. Skovbo

Skovbo Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2012
    It is sad that Lamborghini has become the joke of every auto show it attends to these days.

3. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    If "La Ferrari" turns out to be the name I will be complaining about that stupid need of naming every special car as if it was the last, best ever, etc. So how would they be naming the next supercar? They might actually run out of names. Couldn't they simply go on with F60, F70, etc?

Oh and the covered car at Geneva looks no longer a 458 spider but I think they've added some camo parts under the cover. That windshield would be too high otherwise.

4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Lambo is really reaching with this one. I don't really dig it at all.

5. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    Lamborghinis are supposed to look like silly pinup poster cars. Its a proper Lamborghini. Wouldnt have it any other way. The problem with Murcielago and Gallardo was that they werent absurd enough until the final iterations. Aventador got it right.

6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Apart from the wheels that thing is badass. Exactly what a Lamborghini should be.

7. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    Exactly.
    So far all the manufacturers have shown a supercar fitting with their image and reputation.
    I expect Ferrari to follow suit.

8. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Not "Il Ferrari" ??

9. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Thanks for the reply, appreciated! Nice cars, seems that he likes to aim for the top of the line stuff.

The guy clearly is the epitome of first world problems (no offense intended!).

I often think about the multiple cars I'd buy if (more like when) I'm able to start owning serious machinery, but then I conclude with how I always would take the keys to the few super favorites and how the rest of the collection would rot. It effectively kills any great plans for a jumbo sized garage because all those other cars would become mere hoarding items/trophies/status symbols... I mean, F50, Carrera GT, Enzo, MC12 - how do you decide which of these you want to take out when you're in the mood for a thrilling drive?

Btw, no Pagani? What!? :)

10. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    I'll take a new Vette instead... and that's going some given the Camaro rear.

11. Skovbo

Skovbo Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2012
    This abomination (and the way it has been revealed) just reeks of pure desperation. It is evident that they cannot handle the competition.

Sad but true.

12. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    ;)

I rather liked the idea of reverting to the old naming convention of using the individual cylinder capacity in CCs.

13. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    If I had money like that to spend I would buy some of the crazy one-offs like Montecarlo GTB and Zenvo ST1 just for the hell of it.

14. AHMTHSSN

AHMTHSSN Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    AH
    La WTF!!! Lol

15. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    What are secondhand Reventons going for anyway??

20 suckers...

16. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Desperate

17. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    Not really. We knew Lambo was building something crazy to celebrate its anniversary.
    That it was going to be a high powered supercar was already known and expected. It would have been unveiled whether the F70 came out or not. Theres nothing desperate about a car which has sold 3 copies at 4 million each. Sometimes I just wish the pettiness would stop and people would just enjoy the supercars. Styling is a subjective thing but it would be better to just celebrate what automotive achievements mankind in general has achieved instead of which go fast mobile is the best.

18. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Just ones persons view, to which I am entitled, as to me that looks like a mess. Any major Hypercar manufacturer can sell anything at virtually any price if they just make 3 or 4. It does not mean it is an aesthetic success.

19. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    No offense, but some of you act like a bunch of children with this "desperate" stuff.
    You remind me of those Nintendo/Sony/Xbox fanboys who argue over a bunch of videogames. Its the same exact thing.

20. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Is freedom of speech now banned on this forum?

21. Ferrari FXX

Ferrari FXX Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2007
    Mayor they are trying so hard to pretend the brand is still pure Italian. LOL!!!!! Those stripes down the side look like something from the 70s.

Its a shame to because Lambo is fooling nobody who's really into cars. That stripe down the side is about as funny as the gallardo's engine, transmission and frame being made in germany and assembled in SantAgata where they'll look you in the face and tell you the gallardo is all italian design.

22. Skovbo

Skovbo Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2012
    No.

23. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Lamborghini Pastiche Diobolique?

24. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    Hideous. Looks like it has bead-lock wheels. :eek:

-Gil

25. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yes, Lambos are supposed to be exuberant and OTT, but this is just ugly and looked like it could have been penned by me when i was 7 and wanted edges and wings everywhere.

The Miura is exuberant but beautiful. The LP400 Persiscope is exuberant but still have pure lines. The Diablo and Murcielago also. This thing is an abomination.