Ferrari LaFerrari - the next Special Limited Series | Page 35 | FerrariChat

Ferrari LaFerrari - the next Special Limited Series

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Peloton25, Mar 4, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boiseferrari

boiseferrari Formula 3

Nov 11, 2005
    Boise, Id.
    Full Name:
    Kriss
    I think laFerrari is a way better name than F150. That would have been Terrible. Over All a beautiful job by Ferrari.

2. omgjeff

omgjeff Karting

Mar 20, 2010
    Austin, TX
    #852 omgjeff, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    perfect.

4. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #854 CMY, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    In the same boat, although I think the Enzo is a much stronger (polarizing?) design than the LF, and will hold up as such. I actually like it more with each passing year, but I wasn't a fan initially.

Personally I think the LF looks like the offspring of an Enzo, P 4/5 and a 458. Not necessarily a bad thing, but definitely sorta 'meh' in the rules-be-damned category this car belongs in.

Edit: Was checking out my first (and only) rendering of the prototype and noticed I was a bit ahead of the curve :) : http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/141528645-post165.html

5. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Really wanted this to be a home run in the looks department but after pondering it for a day I'm still left disappointed in the looks. The front looks disjointed and the angular nose fighting sweeping curves just displeases the eye. Even the rear quarter bodywork reaching upwards has an awkward look to it...in this case, less would have definitely equated to more. The template was there for simple, elegant, flowing lines that could have better reflected a modern P4 take.

I'm sure it will be a benchmark performer and great to experience in the flesh, but right now it's not keeping me up at night consumed with desire for it....which should be the least a 1.5 million dollar car should do. Had the same experience with the 918 Spyder after a preview track day. Walked away with a shrug of the shoulder and barely thought about it while driving the RS 4.0 home.

In the end, it's just personal preference, obviously no definitive "take" on such a subjective topic. Maybe that's why a McLaren F1 or a DB5 can cause me to lose sleep while this one cannot. Final thought, and sorry to pile on but....the name is laughable. I suspect enthusiasts will always refer to it as an F70 just to avoid being emasculated each time someone asks what it is.

6. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Agree, but maybe only from that angle.

7. sumbaco

sumbaco Karting

Jun 21, 2008
    i was hoping the front end would be more like this

[​IMG]

Still more interesting than the rest, though.

8. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Wow that front end is bananas... I wish they did something with the wheels... 5 spoke looks so plain on a car of that caliber!!!

9. mikegr

mikegr Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Europe
    amazing design. At last a beautifull Ferrari from every angle.

10. Chagall74

Chagall74 Rookie

Jan 27, 2013
    I don t know if there is a rear spoiler automatically or not?

11. XP1LM

XP1LM Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Truong
    How will a noth american license plate fit in that rear?

12. elipinski

elipinski Formula 3

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    Emanuel
    omgjeff, could you please paint it completely in black? thank you

13. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Yes, especially the lower sides and the roof line.

14. sumbaco

sumbaco Karting

Jun 21, 2008
    Elements of fz94 front and back too

15. noblesteed

noblesteed Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    Stunning car. I love it. The video sells it for me. Wicked machine...

16. Mbn

Mbn Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    guys keep disliking the design :D that will rise my chance getting one lol

sadly my dealer is not sure yet ?!

17. cmack

cmack Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Germany
    First of all congrats to Ferrarichat. I saw the then F150 4 weekts ago in Maranello but was very
    excited yesterday about the premiere. This side was one of the first (thanks to some
    well conected members) to post official photos. I think FC has established itseld as a great
    source of information around Ferrari.
    My critic: there are way too many threads about the LaFerrari. I suggest one of the admins
    should close one ofthe other senseles threads which makes following up the discussion about this epic premiere easier. BTW I hope to post my reply in the correct thread:D

But now to the essentials:
    Name
    I still think the car is epic and one of the most beautiful Ferraris ever, it is "the Ferrari"!
    So I think the name is okay and I can live with it. It represents all the technological and material know-how from the Scuderia, so what is wrong to give it the name to show that?

Design:
    I love the design. It will provoke critical comments, but what have we expected?
    The job to the design studio was not easy. They had to create something wow, find
    a desgn language to some all time greats of teh past but also point to the future (we will surely see some design elements from the LaFerrari in the 458 succesor!)
    I say: well done
    Of course You may find some aspects of the car which remind You to a P4/5 or the
    Huayra (more so the P4/5, but overall I think the differences are more striking then the
    similarities).
    My promise to all of You who have just seen the car on photos. this is one car that
    shows its presence in real, You could walk around the car for hours and still find
    details that are showing its greatness.

Technique:
    The fact they produce this car beside their holy F1cars with the same materials and
    production techniques says all about this machine. I will not get lost in the many details
    that others can explain much better.

To me this car is "LaFerrari", the best and ultimate You can realize today.
    Congrats to Maranello and the whole team!!

18. davide b

davide b Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2007
    montecarlo
    Full Name:
    davide
    Tool-fan can you reveal if the second version Will be street legal or not?

19. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    For starters, what about next supercar in 10 years or so? Won't it represent all the best, etc. from Ferrari? They will have to top the current silly name with something else that sounds ultimately exclusive - again.

20. ferrariTTv12

ferrariTTv12 Rookie

Jun 7, 2012
    Stole the words out of my mouth.

21. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    IMHO:

Front view +1000
    Rear view +100
    Side view -10
    Name -100
    Performance +1000

22. Emilione

Emilione Rookie

Jan 22, 2013
    Any news on when we will begin reading First Drive impressionas from magazines and sites?

23. VF1Skullangel

VF1Skullangel Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2008
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Is this car still gonna be refered to as the F-150?

If so Ferrari better plan on a King Ranch and a Power stroke Diesel option! :D

24. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2005
    Clifton, NJ
    Full Name:
    Oliver
    yeah, i'm ok.

no thanks

25. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

Loving the looks even more in this Evo video..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_0oHC_Lqmk&feature=player_embedded]Ferrari LaFerrari: The 'New Enzo' - 2013 Geneva motor show - evo magazine - YouTube[/ame]