The Supercars Side by Side | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Supercars Side by Side

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Tipo815, Mar 5, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    im the only one like the mclaren from that view, alot of details going on there

apart from the lambo which is too much, nothing wrong with the rest but theferrari is too fat view from side

2. noblesteed

noblesteed Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Brantley
    LaFerrari all day... refined, not over done, gorgeous car. Pushes the extreme of design without looking like a space ship and still has subtle "Ferrari" features / heritage in it's look.

3. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #28 CMY, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    Really starting to love the Pagani, McLaren is a close second (personally I think the orange of the show car doesn't do it justice).

Agree that the LF just doesn't have that 'something' of the F40-F50-Enzo. Could be wrong in person, but tech aside, I think Ferrari played it safe and did the opposite of what they normally do-- come up with something completely different from their existing lineup.

BTW, can we now file the Shelby SSC Tuatara under things that make you go Hmmm... :Shelby Supercars SSC Tuatara Looks the Part on the Concept Lawn at Pebble Beach | AutoGuide.com News

4. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Pagani looks great.!

(and La Ferrari of course)

5. amc

amc Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2009
    old school
    #30 amc, Mar 6, 2013
    Design wise:
    The Lambo is a rad Aventador, who is already history ($SOLD!)
    The Ferrari is an nicer evolution of Enzo, but it isn't the best on the market today.
    The Pagani Very nice on the outside, but not radical all the way, a big minus for the interior, it's kitsch.
    The Koenigsegg too wide, ugly interior.
    The Porsche, looks like a rad Boxter, not exciting enough.(whats with the mirrors?)
    The McLaren, well this is basically a nice design, but the finish with all those thick rounded edges, looks like a cheap kit car made of fiberglass, like Lotuses from the '60s.

6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    #31 REALZEUS, Mar 6, 2013
    No, there are more of us!
    I find LaFerrari absolutely stunning!!!
    The P1 is also impressive but less striking.
    The Lambo is good... but only if you are Batman...
    The Agera... I don't even care.
    The 918 is downright plain and uninspired, especially compared to the Carrera GT.
    The Huayra is butt ugly IMHO. The front end with the vast gaping grill and the bug-eyed lights is just horrible.

7. Vinny Bourne

Vinny Bourne Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2011
    #32 Vinny Bourne, Mar 6, 2013

I agree with most of this and would add that this Ferrari will look pretty good in pearl white or solid black and that there is a large void to this entire comparison, the supercar that looks the best from the side;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/telkine/8430721930/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/katrox/8367234302/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/route7/8421424667/

8. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    1. La Ferrari: The profile of La Ferrari is for sure the standout. Sleek and fast looking. Nothing awkward or jarring. Very tight and clean.

2. Pagani Huayra: Almost boring compared to the others....but it works. Muscular and curvy.

3. Porsche 918: What a pretty car! Almost nothing is wrong with it except it lacks the sexy "oomph" of LaFerrari. The open cockpit is a plus.

4. McLaren P1: Here is where things start to go south. Too bulbous. Almost 'fat' compared to the others. The cockpit could stand to be a lot lower, making it 'look' faster, sleeker. Right not the roofline reminds me of a stretched out VW New Beetle. A nice looking car overall (from the back especially) but the profile is its weakest viewpoint.

5. Koenigsegg Agera R: The cab forward look isn't its strong point. It looks clumsy next to La Ferrari. If the Swedish marvel looked as good as it goes it would be the best looking car on the list.

6. Lamborghini Veneno: The profile is the one view I can look at without tearing up. The minute your eye leaves that angle you risk blindness and possible heart failure! The risk of staring too long and finding yet another vent or duct that you didn't see before is quite high. You could almost make a drinking game out of it! Take a shot for every duct, slat, wing and vent you find! You'll be trashed in 3 minutes!

9. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    I agree that, in photos, LaFerrari is missing that certain something. The Enzo, to me, is still one of the greatest designs of any Ferrari; I'd take one over LaFerrari any day. As compared to the supercars you have posted for comparison, LaFerrari just seems too...I don't know...sedate (for lack of a better word.) And also, Porsche called and says the Carrera GT wants its wheels back. (LaFerrari wheels look EXACTLY like CGT wheels.) Part of the problem as to why LaFerrari is lacking something could be the fact that the image you posted of LaFerrari is not a PHOTOGRAPH, but rather a Computer Generated Image; where as the others are photographs. The Pagani looks good (MUCH better in person than in photos). The Koenigsegg...I've never really liked those. The 918 is a gorgeous design, IMO, but the front end is too bland. The Lamborghini...well, it looks like a reject by Michael Bay from a Transformers Movie. The McLaren P1 is drop-dead gorgeous, IMVHO. It's the most curvacious of them all and I love that. Hence why I'd take an F430 over a 458; curves work better than angles in my opinion. Maybe my opinion about LaFerrari will change when I see one in person.

Just my $0.02.

-Gil

10. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I never thought Id say it but the F70 is the best looking to me.

Its a stunner with the perfect amount of grace balanced with aggression.

11. PAXAH

PAXAH Karting

Feb 23, 2013
    #36 PAXAH, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    <3 Pagani.

Could be swayed into the P1 though :)

13. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    #38 95spiderman, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
    Laferrari first. This is to 458 what 288gto was to 328 and 458 is my fav ferrari.

P1 second for voluptousness like midengined tvr. Still cant get over how they lost central seat because of cost constraints. On a million $ plus car?

918 next because of open top but i bet a body kit on a new cayman can come close for 10% $

Pagaini never my fav. Zonda looked like an insect and this is better but a little dull like the porsche.

Ive seen kegg in person and looks bulky and heavy to me. Its last gen supercar

Lambo does look good from this angle and i love the italian flag stripes but it really is a total abortion. Last yrs barchetta aventadore was much better

14. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    F70 first
    Pagani second
    Koni third
    Porsche forth
    Mac fifth
    Lambo sixth

But, one and two are really close as are 3,4, and 5.

15. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    LaFerrari! No doubt about it. The Pagani and Porsche are ok. But the Lambo, McLaren and K, no way!

16. icon

icon Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2006
    longboat key
    Full Name:
    jeff
    1 LaFerrari
    2 P1
    3 Huayra
    4 918

the other two are too ugly to rank! ; - )

17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

That's better looking and the one I chose from.

18. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Regardless, none of the is a bad choice, very cool time in automotive history. Apparently Bugatti has their next in the works as well and hopefully some info comes out soon on the lightweight 918.

19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

We live in a golden age of Super Cars.

20. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada

+1000%

21. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Lets wait until the first GROUP test!

22. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    pagani
    la ferrari

thats my top 3.

btw, one thing to remember is that the 918 is significantly smaller than all the others, in every dimension. so when you see them in the flesh, the 918 appears so much more compact and nimble.

23. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Se the pagani at top marques ,what an ugly car! Ferrari and p1 for me

24. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    the pagani is splendid !
    i was just at the car show in geneva, and will go a few more times over the next week, and got up close and personal with the ferrari, p1, the pagani, and the koenigsegg. couldnt get near the lambo, but had a good look (i will get in on sunday).

as expected, the ferrari is stunning. but i must say the pagani is an engineering masterpiece, and the fit and finish is well beyond anything else on this list.

25. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    #50 JeremyJon, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017