P4/5, La Ferrari Comparo | Page 9 | FerrariChat

P4/5, La Ferrari Comparo

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Ryan S., Mar 5, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Well I just had a five dollar turkey sub at Publix that was on sale.

Nick the deli man
    Kim the chicken fry lady
    Joe the stock boy
    Tom the retiree behind me
    Kelly the cashier
    Some randle panhandler off the street

Nick saw the images first and didn't see the resemblance. Kim is Haitian and I don't think she understood me.

I'm new to name dropping, do I win? ;)

2. jcosta79

jcosta79 Formula 3

Nov 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    LaJonathan
    #202 jcosta79, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Dude - you met Kim the Chicken fry lady?!?! WIN
    Were you mad that you thought your meal looked similar to food you had at home?

4. Innotech

Innotech Formula Junior

May 14, 2004
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Jue
    I distinctly recall Napolis talking about Ferrari wanting to use design elements from the P4/5 going forward. Definitely remember reading that perhaps a year ago or something. It was around when his car was unveiled.
    It doesnt really matter though because Ferrari didnt use enough of the DNA from P4/5 in the LF.

5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Doesn't matter as the P 4/5 is a derivative of a Ferrari.

6. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    talk to my wife...

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #207 wax, Mar 8, 2013
  8. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    The LaFerrari site Design | LaFerrari ? Official Site acknowledges the influence of the 330P4 and 312P, but not the P4/5. It also contains interesting data. Apologies if this is a repost.

9. pamparius

pamparius Formula Junior

May 16, 2007
    germany
    given the history with p4/5c i don't think they would ever call the p4/5 an inspiration in public.

10. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I see a lot of the Maser birdcage in the cockpit.

11. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    You know, at this point it has become pretty unimportant for me whether P4/5 influenced LaFerrari or not. Some of us don't see influence at all, some of you indeed see influence, some even need that others tell them that there is an influence to make up their minds.

Throw in that there's people for whom all red cars with a black canopy look the same. Just to properly balance out, throw in also that every thing is eligible to have been influenced, even unconsciously, by peviously existing other things.

What pisses me off is the attitude of "Jim G wins if Ferrari copied P4/5" because as much as an "epic win" it could be in the context of an internet forum, it has little importance in real life or else. This is only useful to perpetuate the hostility between Glickenhaus and Ferrari, which supposedly doesn't exist as per Mr. G himself.

12. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    It's a case of some of Jim's friends/internet fans telling him what he wants to hear, nothing more. Every time a new Ferrari is released Jim and his followers say "The ____ is a bit P4/5." It's happened with the 458, F12, and even the FF. It's ridiculous that some of the more gullible posters here believe that Jim is responsible for features on all these cars. Fact of the matter is that Jim copied classic Ferrari's for his P4/5, there's nothing original about it - it's a copy of an original design.

Jim can get drunk and rant about it all he wants, facts are facts. Yeah he has some really nice unique cars and he used to be a positive contributor to the forum but over the last year he has become so bitter and negative and petty. Almost every post now is either bashing Ferrari or talking about how they ripped off his P4/5. I really wish he would get a grip and move on.

*Cue Drive550PFB jumping to Jim's defense and telling us how great he is*

13. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Sad but true. When someone posted the blog 'losing a generation' about their experience with Ferrari Toronto vs Mclaren Toronto, he posted it to every forum he could find.
    It was actually sad.
    Not sure what he wants, but I - and others; here and other forums; - agree with the type of post you made.
    As I said in another thread, Rob should change this to p4/5 chat and be done with it.
    Kevin

14. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

#214 Drive550PFB, Mar 8, 2013

I have racked my brain about my posts. I don't think I have ever used those words and I can not recall telling anyone "how great he is." I can't recall ever calling him "great." Indeed, I challenge you to show me where I have ever used his name. I don't call him Jim, like a lot of you. I call him Napolis. So, if you are going to attribute quotes to me, then you would be wrong in using "great" and "Jim."

Unlike you "haters" I happen to believe that there are similarities in the cars. Does that make me a sycophant? Hardly.

But, just as there are similarities in Napolis' car and some later F-cars, there is no doubt that Napolis' car was based on earlier F-cars. Hell the name (P 4/5) is a very short jump from the actual name of a Ferrari (P 3/4).

Look at the front grille of the new Ford models and tell me you don't see Aston Martin in them.

I hope you will be a little more precise with your language. The use of the word "he" in your post, together with the reference to me in the prior post, suggests that I posted "it to every forum could find." I don't even recall the discussion of Ferrari Toronto and McLaren Toronto. (I have never been to McLaren Toronto.)

So, if you are going to call someone sad, then make sure you clearly state the object of your derision.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Make it stop! Make it stop! Oh gawd in heaven... make it stop!!!! :)

Oh, BTW, Ford did rip off the Aston grille. But, they lost so much money on Aston Martin, they had to get something out of the deal!! :)

16. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

I get tired of the haters.

And I hate the gratuitous pot-shots they take at others, including me. Bad enough to take a pot-shot from the peanut gallery, but if you are going to take a pot-shot, at least get your facts right. Otherwise, it is just a baldface lie. Yeah, I said it -- a lie.

That Ford grille is a piece of work.

I am just waiting on the guys who will tell me that the 911 is a rip off of the Volkswagen Beetle.

17. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003

Drive - my post isn't directed at you, but rather ' what does Jim want'? People on here have said for a long time now 'all of his posts seem to be negative towards Ferrari', yet he doesn't stop! Even yesterday 'add a former GM designer to the list' of people who think his resto-mod Enzo looks like LaFerrari.
    Does he want recognition from Luca? An apology? Man - we're all tired of this

18. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The 911 is a rip off of the Beetle.

Who is hating? If Jim wants to float his theory that every car after the P4/5 came from his loins, why can't others disagree? Is that hating?

19. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

OK. Fair enough. modena's post got under my skin, and I thought you were piling on.

Thanks for the clarification.

20. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Always enjoyed your posts.
    Good night

21. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    Me too.

22. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

Disagreement is one thing. Using personal insults is hating.

23. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

Thanks.

I am not going to stop posting. You can look at the Rothstein threads to confirm that one.

24. bonneau13

bonneau13 Karting

Oct 18, 2009
    California
    Amen except for the Drive550PFB part..Drive is a great member

25. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Viva la Revolucion.

Activists, indeed Activist Investors, through orbiting sphere of influence can and do effect changes in Establishment.

Had P4/5 - with it's gravitational pull - *not* markedly improved The Enzo, LaFerrari would neither exist in name nor form, in the here and now.

Without a bluff to call, F70, F150 would have a different name and form factor.

via rubber ducky