Gooding & Co. - Amelia Island 08.03.2013 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Gooding & Co. - Amelia Island 08.03.2013

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by Cris Bertschi, Mar 8, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    a flipper.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    where is Andy, he left FerrariChat high and dry years ago without paying.

3. Birel

Birel Formula 3

Sep 12, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Andrew Turner
    Hi Rob,

Beverly Hill Classic Sports cars or some similar named outfit. I won't deal with him.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    yep, stiffed me back in 2007.

5. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    My client bought the 275GTS that sold today last Fall on purely honest emotions that the car was both good and fun and well worth the purchase price by a far margin. He only sold because he had eyes on a bigger prize that came to be.

He was and has never been a a "flipper" by any measure and in fact road-registered and had the car titled in his name paying full fees and taxes to do so. Any "flipper" would have simply left the car on my title and passed it along on a subsequent bill of sale. In addition to that, he had all the services and a few minor issues addressed and brought completely up to date before the car was sold... not for the next guy but for his own self, knowing it was the right thing to do.

He has done the same thing on a multitude of magnificent machines for the better part of 20 years and while he has taken a bite here and there and made one or more sideways moves at times, in general both his timing and instinct have resulted in very well earned profits on most of his purchases. In between he has enjoyed these machines to their fullest either on the road or track and often both in a manner that would make Ed Gilbertson very, very proud.

The sale while seeming a bit top-heavy was typical for him and it was most welcome and I am happy for him and the new owner. Both scored as far as I can tell for very different reasons.

The two buyers who passed, are less than pleased to say the least. They are out both the car and the enjoyment of what might have been the last proper open GT 12-cylinder Ferrari for under $1M.

In my opinion both the seller and buyer are going to be very happy and the only sad individuals are the ones that said no thank you. Just my opinion... I could and often am wrong but don't think so this time.

Ciao,

Bill