New member saying hello | FerrariChat

New member saying hello

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Tire Fryer, Mar 10, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tire Fryer

Tire Fryer Karting

Feb 18, 2013
    Farmers Branch, TX
    Full Name:
    Christopher Williams
    #1 Tire Fryer, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. sierrafoxtrot

sierrafoxtrot Rookie

Dec 17, 2008
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Very nice and it juxtaposes the Rolls quite well. I hope they can be friends...

3. HardTen

HardTen Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2011
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Chris...congrats on the new addition and welcome. Lots of really nice folks on this website and in the DFW area.

4. DNJS328

DNJS328 Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 25, 2011
    Arlington, TX
    Full Name:
    Don P.
    Chris,

Beautiful car. Look forward to meeting you and getting a chance to see her up close. There are a couple great Ferrari events coming up. Keep checking F-Chat and try to make a couple of them. Great group around here and let us know if we can help in any way.

5. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Gorgeous car. The lines of a black 308 are awesome. And a GTB. Perfect. Love the interior. Cogratulations!

6. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Welcome Chris. Keep your eyes open for various events, such as Saturday morning coffee/bagel get togethers, various car shows, the annual meet at Boardwalk Ferrari, the meets at Classic BMW and other such things. Usually a group of F Chatters get together for the Fort Worth and Dallas car shows. You should see more of it on here..............Again, welcome....

7. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Welcome to the fold. Great looking Ferrari !

I like your username. Have fried a few tires in my time as well !

8. Iced Coffee

Iced Coffee Karting

Dec 27, 2012
    Willow Park, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mike N.
    Congrats on your purchase. I'm not a Ferrari owner, just having purchased a Gallardo, but there are a lot of great folks on this site that made me feel very welcome. Gorgeous 308 by the way!

9. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Hello Fryer! I too have a Rolls-Royce and a Ferrari - a 1986 Testarossa and a 1995 Silver Dawn.

Looking forward to meeting you at the next Saturday morning breakfast - it will be posted here in Texas; I think I heard it will be on the 23rd.

10. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Welcome. I look forward to seeing it at some of the local events. The 308 looks great in black. Nice Roller too!

11. Tire Fryer

Tire Fryer Karting

Feb 18, 2013
    Farmers Branch, TX
    Full Name:
    Christopher Williams
    Thank you all for the very kind welcome.

They have been friendly so far, with very few jabs about WWII. As long as they dont try to out do each other for the most expensive repair, all will remain well.

I got the name many years ago from winning a burnout contest with a 55 Chevy Bel Air I owned at the time. Many a good time can be had around a burning tire.

Very cool, I hope to see the Gallardo at an event. Are you the same Iron Chef that posts on Corvette Forum also? If so, I used to go on the Hwy 4 cruises and had the supercharged C5.

A Rolls and Ferrari just seem to go well together. I would love to see your TR and Dawn. Are the breakfast meets open to all, or members of a club? I have yet to join a club so far.

I know I will be at Cars & Coffee Dallas for April. The other events sound great. I will watch for postings.

12. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Welcome Chris. The interior is immaculate and the color is dreamy.

13. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Welcome! Beautiful GTB.

'66 Pontiac GTO in those days - I remember well. :)

Dumping a Ferrari clutch on a standing start not a good idea nor are power upshifts but on a cool day my '83 GTS will still get rubber on upshifts to second and third.

14. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Welcome to the fold sir!

Hopefully you can make the upcoming events, including the Ferrari Owners Rally to the 4 Winds steakhouse on Saturday the 23rd, following the Crossroads event!

S

15. DNJS328

DNJS328 Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 25, 2011
    Arlington, TX
    Full Name:
    Don P.
    Is this the car that was recently featured on a TV show? There can't be that many Black 308GTBi's around.

There is a Ferrari Club of America Club breakfast March 23rd before Boardwalk's owners rally. Look for info on a different post. I know you would be welcome to join us and meet some of the local club members.

16. Tire Fryer

Tire Fryer Karting

Feb 18, 2013
    Farmers Branch, TX
    Full Name:
    Christopher Williams
    Thanks Steve. I would love to come to the Owners Rally. It sounds like I have a busy Saturday on the 23rd!

Yes it was actually featured on Chasing Cars shown on CNBC. I found out about that about 10 days after purchasing the car. Several people called and told me they saw the car that evening on TV.

The breakfast meet sounds great and I look forward to meeting everyone.

17. Sushimon355

Sushimon355 Formula Junior

May 27, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Welcome, Chris. Beautiful car! May I suggest joining the FCA if you're not a member already? Look forward to meeting you in person soon...

18. Tire Fryer

Tire Fryer Karting

Feb 18, 2013
    Farmers Branch, TX
    Full Name:
    Christopher Williams
    Just signed up.

19. B.Ratcliff

B.Ratcliff Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 23, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    B. Ratcliff
    I saw this car at the leake auction in November.
    Then I saw it on the new CNBC show.
    Now I am seeing it on F-Chat.
    I wonder where I will see it next :)

Nice car! Welcome to Ferrari ownership and FChat.

20. Iced Coffee

Iced Coffee Karting

Dec 27, 2012
    Willow Park, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mike N.
    That would be me. I haven't been on Corvette Forum in several years. Myself and several of the old regulars got really fed up with being treated like gradeschoolers, so we left and started a site called Vette Barn. I'm one of the Administrators and it's much more enjoyable and far less oppressive. You won't find that nonsense here either. Rob has a great site and everyone seems to get along quite well. It's also an excellent resource for all things Ferrari.

I sometimes post in the Lamborghini section here. Shoot me a PM and tell me who you were on CF.

21. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I can personally vouch that he has. More than once. ;)

Maybe at that event in April? :D

Welcome Chris!

22. tirepro

tirepro Karting

Apr 25, 2009
    fort worth
    Full Name:
    steve g
    Welcome aboard...see you at the next Ft. Worth Breakfast at Yogi's on Hulen

23. lilviv

lilviv Karting

Nov 9, 2011
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Vivek Gupta
    Welcome aboard! I look forward to meeting you, but this Saturday morning - I will have to miss breakfast since my daughter's neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt is that morning, but I will be at the Boardwalk Owner's Rally.

I joined the local group/community about a year or so ago . . . and, it's a great group of guys. The local chapter of the FCA, the local shops/dealerships, the members of this forum, and more have made my experience owning the car outstanding, a true privilege. I am sure you'll have the same experience.

I had a 1981 Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit . . . painted it myself at our non-auto. paint shop, did lots of interior restoration, tons of mechanical work, and after years and tens of thousands of dollars - I could never get it quote right or control fluid leaks, which apparently were normal . . . the frustration got to me, and I sold it, even though I loved driving it so much.

My friends feared I entered the same realm with the Ferrari, but found quite the opposite . . . it was possible to get looking/running like new (albeit more costly), but I have been enjoying this car tremendously, and again, mainly 'cause of the quality of people in the community I've found here.

Cheers!

24. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    Welcome chris, nice car you got there.

jano