March 20th Wilmington, Delaware Meet | FerrariChat

March 20th Wilmington, Delaware Meet

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Alxlee, Feb 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Hello All,
    I almost feel like I'm making a speech! First, I'd like to thank my family...oh wait, wrong speech.

For those of you have have also check the New York section out a few of us in the Delaware, Southern PA, Southern Jersey, and Northern Maryland folks have been trying to plan a meet in Wilmington, DE area for March 20. It's the first ~official~ day of spring so we thought we'd get together to celebrate with lunch.

For those unfamiliar with Delaware and the Concord Pike (202) area, it is conveniently located about 1.5 hour north of Baltimore and with direct access to I95.

Our current plans call for meeting up around 12:30 PM at one of the many restaurants (Olive Garden was the initial thought) on 202. We're planning on lunch and provided we have sufficient participation, perhaps a drive through the windy back roads of the Brandywine Valley area.

How about a show of hands as well as any concerns or questions for now?

2. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Alex,

I wouldn't be able to make over there until about 6PM or so. Would you guys be hanging still? I drove those roads this past weekend and I had an absolute blast!

3. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    I would be around. We could always try to push it back later, have the drive and then go out for dinner if it means drawing more people.

I've been trying to think of routes out in the valley. Would anyone be interested in doing a sort of rally with questions to answer and landmarks to find or would you prefer a "leisurely" drive?

4. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I'd be up for either. Then again, by the time I would get up there, the drive would be over anyway. It's a shame, because I know those back roads really well.

5. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I'm in Alex whatever you want to do
    Erik

6. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Actually I just realized that the 20th is a Saturday. Alex, you might have to count me out. I will see if I can get off work though. If I go I know my Dad will and I will see about jimmy.
    Erik

7. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    i might be able to go

8. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    I would love to attend. I will probably be there. So far the plans sounds great. I would love to do lunch and then a scenic drive through the "country." Opinions? Let me know the details

Thanks

Keith

9. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Scenic Drive!!!! Scenic Drive!!! Scenic Drive!!!!

ARRRGGGHHH, my DINO will still be laid up. Well, I'll bring whatever the weather dictates. Warm, convertible, cool, hardtop.

Lunch may be tough for me to get to, but 2:00 pm on is good.

I'll send Ali off on a shopping adventure, and free my afternoon. I'm good till 5:00 or so. I know, makes a tight schedule, but Saturday is date night and to remain happily married it must be inviolate.

See you guys there.

Hey, do we go rain or shine, or plan sunny day only activities?

10. Mike/A.W.E.

Mike/A.W.E. Rookie

Nov 25, 2003
    Willow Grove, PA
    Full Name:
    Mike Romano
    Alex-

On March 20th we are having a Dyno Day at our facility for a local Audi club. We are located in Willow Grove, PA which is about an hour north from the establishments you listed on Rt202.

I live in Wilmington so I am familiar with the twisties you are referring to. You could shoot up Rt1 to the Blue Route and hit the Turnpike eastbound. It could be a nice ride.

Our company focus is on late model Porsche/Audi/VW. We are debating on Ferrari and Lamborghini, but you guys/gals are more than welcome to stop on by and check out the facility. The dyno will be running most of the day as well. It will be great day for car people.

Here is our website.

http://www.awe-tuning.com/

If you have any questions, call or email me. I replied to a post in the NY regional forum as well.

11. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Guys, I have met Mike and have been at is old location. He and is people do very good work. Mike you should get into the Ferrari market, there are owners out here who would like alittle extra in their cars. By the way, I just picked up a Cayenne turbo.

12. Mike/A.W.E.

Mike/A.W.E. Rookie

Nov 25, 2003
    Willow Grove, PA
    Full Name:
    Mike Romano

Thanks Carnut.

We are contemplating a collaboration with another company. The goal is a 90-100hp supercharger kit for the Gallardo.

Ferrari is something we've talked about, but not sure we want to get involved with.

Also...

We have a treat for you if you have a Cayenne Turbo. Here is a link to a dyno video on our website. The vehicle has a GIAC chip that makes some incredible power.

http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/multimedia/cayenne_turbo_102303.WMV

Enjoy!

13. KevinW

KevinW Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I'm open for meeting any time...

I know there are bunch of other guys who are interested in attending who still haven't replied on this thread so we'll give it another week or two to finalize everything. I'll also put out a few PM's to those I know said are definites.

Kevin

14. Prancing_Horse

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Do you hve to have a ferrari?

15. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

NOPE!!!

We are not elitist her in Southeastern PA, NJ and Delaware. Bring what you got.

"Course, that's just my opinion. Anyone else see Ferrari ownership as a requirement?

16. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    NO NOT AT ALL. We welcome all. I will be taking my NON Ferrari.

17. Prancing_Horse

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    i can go if i can get my dad to take me

i duno how else i can

18. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Hi ,
    I live in Belair Md., Wilmington isn't that far from here and I'd like to join you if it's O.K. The only problem I might have is my business. I have the shop open until noon. Have there been any decisions made regarding times and locations yet?
    Thanks,
    Will

19. ctkellett

ctkellett Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Havertown PA
    Full Name:
    Chris K.
    I am going to try and make it if I can finsh up the work on the Mondial by then, I think I will head on up to AWE in the AM first and then meet up with the group for lunch. Anyone else want to meet their first? Their new shop is a first rate, and Kenny McNeil's shop in the back has some of the most beautiful handmade car stuff you have ever seen.

20. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    I'm in. post details when possible. something to look forward to!!!!

21. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    i will try to be there.

22. Prancing_Horse

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    ok

what are the final plans for everything?

23. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    CT:

I'm on the phone with Mike at AWE, I'm also planning on going up to AWE first. I guess we can meet there.