List of reputable dealers / Indie's in CT / NY | FerrariChat

List of reputable dealers / Indie's in CT / NY

Discussion in 'New England' started by EK3R, Mar 21, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Its been a long time since I posted on here. I owned an F355 around 10 years ago when I lived in the UK. I moved to CT about 3 years ago, and am now thinking of F Car ownership again. Been looking at early F430 spiders on cars.com

Are there any recommendations on dealers with a good reputation for buying a car? Also any recommendations on Indie's for servicing etc.

I saw this car listed although the dealer looks highly suspect in terms of reviews online, and stock of other low end vehicles they deal in - does anyone have any comments or had any dealings with them?

2005 Ferrari F430 Spider For Sale In WALNUTPORT PA - EXECUTIVE AUTO GALLERY INC

2. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Well, I think that your instincts about that dealer could be right. Any time you see the word "Executive" in the name of a dealership you should put your hand on your wallet.

Miller Motorcars in Greenwich has an excellent reputation and they have been around for a long time. They are obviously well equipped to handle newer Ferraris such as the F430.

For the independents, my experience is more with an older V12 but you might check out Black Horse Garage in Bridgeport. I personally would recommend highly Vantage Motors in Stamford but I'm not sure how they are equipped to deal with the newer Ferraris. They typically handle the 60's-90's era Ferraris, Astons, Lamborghinis and Jaguars and, for example, currently have in their shop for service a 275GTB/4, a 246 Dino, a Lamborghini Diablo, a Maserati Ghibli, two Aston Martin DB5s and a series 2 E type Jaguar that they did a full restoration on. If you talk to them about a F430 era car and they say that they are equipped to handle it, you can be comfortable that they will do a good and fair job for you.

Going farther afield from CT, John Tirell's Independent Ferrari Service in southeastern Massachusetts has an excellent recommendation and a sponsor of the New York section of FChat on Long Island seems to provide pretty comprehensive services. Frank Triasi's Classic Coach in New Jersey (they also own Ferrari of Central Florida) seems to get uniformly good reviews and Ferrari of Long Island should be considered as well.

3. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Eric, I purchased my car from Sarah at Wide World of Cars in Spring Valley, NY. Sarah has been very accommodating - and, overall, I am extremely happy with my car. I can make an introduction to her if you'd like?

4. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Thanks for the pointers. Kenny, I will check out Wide World of Cars also.

I am not too far from Miller Motor Cars and have visited them a couple of times in the past, amazing selection of cars. They have a very nice setup there.

5. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
  6. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I bought from Miller and was very pleased w/ Larry (salesperson). I was surprised that they sold a car competitively, I would have shipped a car from across the country, glad I did not have to.
    I have used Miller's service dept and so far they have been responsible and fair. They did have a few older models being worked on, so I'm thinking they must have talent in staff.

I did consider Wide World, but aside from not having what I was looking for, their sales team was not consistent (3 different salespersons on 3 different occasions). Maybe not a big deal. I have not used their service but a buddy of mine likes them.

Good luck w/ search...

7. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    For an authorized dealer, Miller is awesome. Have now done 3 cars with them, total pros and no games.

For an independent, call Pete Spinella at Universal Autosports. He may be able to help with the car acquisition but their service capabilities are phenomenal.

8. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    Contacted them for a 456 - dealer himself told me they deal in salvage vehicles only - the 456 happened to be a water damaged salvage car - to their credit they were right up front with the fact that they were a salvage dealer.

9. wrk2ownCT

wrk2ownCT Karting

Nov 30, 2012
    Madison CT
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I would HIGHLY recommend John Tirrell @ Independent Ferrari Svc in South Easton Mass. He has been fixing my 355 and has a been a pleasure to work with.. Straight shooter, fair pricing, meticulous, and without the dealership overhead.

He does PPI inspections, and has a full race/machine shop on site which cuts costs down a ton.

PM if you'd like more.. I searched around alot and Miller is good but WAY overpriced.. Blackrock Garage was a close second to John@IFS but he's been in the game for 45 years and you can't replicate that "seen it all" experience level... So i went there

10. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    +1 John Tirrell @ Independent Ferrari Svc

BH garage, either people use and like them, and many I know will never go back there.