EVO Magazine Test of F12 | FerrariChat

EVO Magazine Test of F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by 575joe, Mar 27, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 575joe

575joe Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Nice test of F12 vs. Aventador vs Aston Martin in the just published May issue of EVO magazine.
    If any of you can access one, it would be nice to post the results.
    (They like all 3 cars).
    Available currently on-line through Zinio, which is wehre I read it, but that does not allow copying and pasting.

Zinio Digital Magazines and Books

2. Maser

Maser Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Harry Metcalfe
    Thanks for the very kind comments on this F12 feature, we really enjoyed the two days we spent with these three amazing cars too!

Zinio is a great way to get the magazine in the USA as soon as it publishes in the UK but please don't copy and paste any of our articles on here, we have to take a pretty dim view of this habit, especially when it's pages from the current (or recent) issue.

If you want free evo content, then we do our best to post videos of our big tests on YouTube, as soon as the new issue hits the shelves in the UK.

Many thanks

Harry Metcalfe
    Founder evo magazine.

3. ateless

ateless Karting

Apr 20, 2012
    Harry ...

BTW , EVO is in my opinion the best car magazine in the world ..I love it and congrats .. Also , happy to see that you are one of us here in the FChat world ...

Cheers

Aloisio

4. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #4 MGD416, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
    Here is the YouTube link: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMHpMCVIuEc]Ferrari F12 vs Lamborghini Aventador vs Aston Martin Vanquish - evo review - YouTube[/ame]

I am absolutely drooling... and second the comments that Evo is the best magazine out there. Awesome to see you here Harry.

Didn't see the other thread about this with the video, but till the thread gets closed, still worth reposting!

5. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
  6. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    anxiously awaiting my subscription copy to arrive in the mail.

7. BusDriver

BusDriver Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2004
    Northeast USA
    Good to see you on here Harry. Love your magazine.

ipad is another option in the US.

I have a print subscription, but since it runs about a month behind in the US, I often purchase it on the ipad as well.

Also, ipad issues are only $4.99 each or $42.99 for a year.

- Jon

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I find Loch Lomond News very helpful; when I don't want to wait for the boat out here in the colonies.
    CH

9. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Assume you are referring to Canada. they never fought for their freedom. LOL

10. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Something I never, ever let my Canadian friends forget. lol

One of them actually said, "We asked for it (their freedom and independence) nicely."

That's when I knew they were a different species...lol...j/k. But I did tell him he was speaking a different language.

Forza,

Cavallini

11. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Thanks for the Evo,best car magazine bar none,IMO.
    Btw,Zinio became my life saver,waiting for mail delivery of my Evo and Autocar subscriptions was always frustrating and too long delayed vs UK release.
    I can finally get my hands on them almost as quickly as if I lived there.

12. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    It's fantastic to see you on Fchat.
    Been buying your magazine since day 1.
    A true gem for car lovers.

Regards,
    Carlo

13. YellowF50

YellowF50 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    K B
    Thanks for sharing.

As always they never fail with the quality of their youtube vids,

14. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Just wow. The F12 sounds astonishing, the Aston is next when it comes to sound but the fantastic part of this vid is to really see the car dance on the road.

15. Vboy19

Vboy19 Karting

Aug 10, 2005
    Harry Metcalfe = My Hero!

16. Maser

Maser Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Harry Metcalfe
    Thanks again for the kind words and it's great to see our F12 video being so well received too.

We had a devils job getting all three cars together at the same time, not helped by the crazy (cold) weather we're experiencing here in Europe. The F12 was meant to be on snow tyres but on the day, the weather had warmed up enough for us to persuade Ferrari to fit a set of 'summer' tyres instead.

The FF and F12 prove to me Ferrari is right at the top of their game at the moment, being both everyday usable yet impossibly quick when pushed. My only grumble is prices seems to have escalated too rapidly recently but then Ferrari seem to have little problem selling them, so maybe it's just me!

HM

17. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Having sampled Ferraris over the past few decades, it seems to me that they have managed to make major gains in build quality, reliability, that elusive quality of refinement, expand their production, and yet they still make the blood boil in a unique way. Their management seems to know what it is doing.

Congratulations on a fine magazine. It has a follwing on this side of the "pond" as well.

18. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    #18 crinoid, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
    Harry, thanks for the great publication and fantastic videos on YouTube. I would like to add that I feel the F12's elegantly understated looks and seemingly insane performance are what puts it above the Aventador in desirablity. It has more class. The fact that people might walk past it without notice might be a good thing in some cases, it might suggest that they won't key it for being a super car, or that the ones who notice it are the ones that truly appreciate what it is.

19. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    #19 Derek at FoD, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
    I really enjoy reading evo as much as the next person but I'm surprised that the video has been so well received here as the F12 review didn't seem all that positive. Consequently this was also the most positive review of the Aventador that I've seen.

20. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    #20 Bundy, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
    I'm also a big fan of evo ever since lucking across issue #1 in the Houston airport. Been a U.S. subscriber for many years. Thank you for an excellent publication, Mr. Metcalfe. Look forward to reading the F12 test.

21. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Agree.
    Was very surprised by Evo's extremely positive review of the Lambo,especially in light of it losing in so many other,previous comparison tests against other sport cars (not in actual acceleration numbers,just it's "experience" was seen in very negative light).
    I think Mr Metcalfe's stature prevented here some of the guys from openly crticicizing the views and conclusions of this test,a lot of us have driven the Aventador and I doubt everyone had the same opinion as Evo testers.

22. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    In my mind the conclusion of the test was clear, the F12 is a better GT than the Aston and a faster supercar than the Lamborghini. Look at the opening piece when the F12 is following the Lambo and what happens on the straight piece of road, you can hear the Lambo is flat out and still the F12 is catching it at a serious rate.

23. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I'd like to add,I do not base my opinion of that test on video alone,I read the actual test in the magazine, with all their conclusions pointing to a slight advantage for Lambo.

24. Joker

Joker Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Who knows
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Harry, great seeing you on this forum. Your magazine is hands down my favourite car mag out there. Keep up the awesome job.

But - you're not alone in the view above. The prices have really taken a whack up but mostly in the options - they've (IMO) artificially kept the base car down but made it so that in order to have a nice Ferrari you need a lot of (extremely expensive) options. That didn't used to be the case with for instance 550/575/599's or 360/430's.

Given the bad state of the used car market in Europe at least I wonder if those prices (and way to price it with options) can last. I've owned 9 new F over the past 13 years, but I can't see myself buying a new one any longer when you can have one 1-2 years old at a 33% discount.

25. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
    I absolutely LOVE the downshifts on the F12!

Harry- I really enjoy your evo diary videos....keep em coming.