Headlight quirk | FerrariChat

Headlight quirk

Discussion in '308/328' started by mwhite, Apr 4, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mwhite

mwhite Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Matthew White
    So I tried to turn on the headlights on my '84 308. Parking lights come on, tail lights come on, but no head lights. I can pull back on the stalk and the high beam lights come on. So I tried to turn on the brights to keep them on by pulling the stalk down and the blue light on the dash comes on but no lights. If I keep the brights on but turn the stalk off to drop the buckets, the lights come on and of course just shined straight down on the pavement. I just started laughing. Now that laughing is over and wanted to know if anyone has any ideas on this one since it seems that they will turn on in certain circumstances just not the ones needed to drive at night:)

Matt

2. 1Evil4re

1Evil4re Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2012
    Nashville Area
    Full Name:
    David
    How about if you move that lever down like it was a turn signal and you were turning left?

3. mwhite

mwhite Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Matthew White
    I sat and tried it while I was parked to verify. Weirdest thing. I am sure that I have to just track it thought the relay and wiring but I was looking for somewhere to start in case it happened to someone else. Would just love it if it was just something stupid that I did. That would mean an easy fix.

Matt

4. sammyb

sammyb Formula 3

Jun 23, 2006
    Where wife tells me
    Full Name:
    Sam
    If both bulbs worked on day, then not the next, you can skip (usually) bulbs...so the next place to start is always fuse, then relay.

5. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Is your ignition switch on the "ON" position when doing these?

6. mwhite

mwhite Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Matthew White
    Yes. Engine was running in fact. Worked when I go the car so I was thinking that since they work, the fuse would be ok so maybe I have an incorrect relay somewhere. Would think they wouldn't work at all if it was bad.

7. mwhite

mwhite Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Matthew White
    SOLVED: Just in case anyone was wondering. I had a .....113 relay in place of the .....006. Put back in the ...006 at location E and all is good.

Matt

8. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Good work Matthew!