WANTED: Good dinner in Reno | FerrariChat

WANTED: Good dinner in Reno

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by PeterS, Mar 12, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Granted, I use to live there from the early seventies until 1982, I am a bit out of touch on some of the better restaurants the area has to offer. Outside of the hotels where you can usually get a very good meal, what suggestions would you have for a good dinner? This will be for this c!oming weekend as my wife and I are taking a drive up on Saturday morning. One restaurant I was thinking of is called Rapscallion in which I actually ate at on it's opening night in 1977. In short, we like all kinds of food and our budget is around $100 or so.

Thank you in advance,
    PeterS

2. Eddevine

Eddevine Karting
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Feb 21, 2012
    Reno Nv.
    Full Name:
    Ed Devine
    PeterS

Rapscallion's is still good.

Two good Italian places are La Famiglia on S. Virginia near downtown and La Vecchia on Skyline Blvd. a short drive from downtown on the west side.

For Mexican try El Adobe cafe on Arroyo just off S. Virginia a little south of downtown.
    Nothing fancy, good food.

Old Granite street eatery on S. Sierra near downtown.
    St. James Brasserie on Center st. Just south of downtown, Great beer brewed here.

There are several places along the Truckee river, all within walking distance of downtown if it is a nice day and you feel like walking.

I'm not that familiar with the south Reno area, it has grown a lot so I imagine there are a few good spots down there.

As soon as I hit post I'll think of a few more.

Hope this helps and you enjoy Reno.

Ed

3. JohnF

JohnF Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    SF Bay Area
  4. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Am I a rube if I still like Harrah's Steakhouse?

5. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
  6. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    #6 PeterS, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
    We decided on dinner there last night. It is a gorgeous restaurant with impeccable service. My
    wife had a filet and lobster tail. Being a sous chef by trade and fairly critical of food, her opinion
    was one of veery high marks. I had a seafood pasta that was very good except for the cream
    sauce was very heavy. All in all, it was a great suggestion, thank you very much.

We had Nugget's Brunch buffet this morning for breakfast which was incredible. Spent the rest of
    the morning at our favorite church on Rock Avenue and then drove home. Great weekend
    for a quick getaway!

7. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    The best upscale restaurant in Reno is LuLous. You will need a reservation.

8. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    Just got back into town from a vacation so I apologize for not seeing this sooner. Glad you enjoyed the restaurant! Let me know next time you're in town and we'll try to meet up.

-Gil

9. LamboRider

LamboRider Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2011
    The Peppermill

10. MaleficVTwin

MaleficVTwin F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2006
    Reno NV
    Full Name:
    Matt