La Ferrari for sale | Page 4 | FerrariChat

La Ferrari for sale

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Napolis, Apr 16, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Wisdom.

I wish I had learned this 20 years ago.

PS, when I saw you were coming to "Southeast" I thought you meant "down here" in the south. We have some great roads and great spaces for horses here. But, your "Southeast" is still 700 miles north of here.

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    It's a 250 LM, it's ok to act like a fanboy :). I know i would. Tell him to attend the Belle Macchine d'Italia in Pocono-PA!

3. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I want to protect his privacy, but I can tell you a few things publicly. His first name is Jimmy and he is from Hong Kong. He is about 58 - 60 years old. He often travels to a lot of the shows and exhibitions--at least those within about a 3 hour drive of NYC. I am pretty sure he has been to Belle Macchine in PA at least twice. But not in last 3 years.

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #79 TheMayor, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    Come on Jim. Nice dodge but you are the guy who started this as soon as someone said $2M was cheap for the F70, and then went on to proclaim the economy in China, gold etc is crashing, and then there are all sorts of exotic cars that aren't selling because they don't have buyers.

Do we have to go back and copy and paste the posts?

Can't we be adults here instead of sticking our tongues out at one another like little kids?

It's a simple question. Does the economic doom you see mean curtains for the P1 or not? This is somehow out of bounds in a discussion here? Maybe you see the P1 as rising above it. I don't know -- you know a lot more about these than I do -- so I ask.

Which has the best chance to survive in an global economic downturn? I think the F70 does. And you think.... ?

5. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Ahh, i went to my first belle macchine 3 years ago! He knew he would have drool over his LM :)

6. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Bob

Read my post that you quoted and explain how your answer to it is anything but fan girl trolling, shucking and jiving.

Once again:

There is nothing in the post you quoted about supercars, La Ferrari, P1 or 918's so based on that cited post to assume anything about P1 remains as absurd as the first time you trolled up that connection.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/142254381-post61.html

7. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    I wouldn't get too elated or depressed about the sudden slide in gold. Some technical factors are contributing to it including Cyprus bank action. Although the metal will always be volatile, the fundamental factors that favor its long term appreciation remain in place: the threat to the major currencies from excessive debt, borrowing, and monetary easing.

As for the market in exotics, I have no clue but it has always amazed me that even in countries with near confiscatory tax policies, they continue to sell enough to keep the marques like Ferrari financially healthy.

8. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I agree that Gold got too high and was due for a pullback although I'm still not a gold bug.

You're also right that Cyprus was an order of magnitude shock to the system.

I think that these interesting times make people realize that it can all come down in a heartbeat and living for today isn't a bad idea.

The increasing number of "regular" exotics for sale at falling prices does lead me to believe that while rare classics may hold everything else will be under pressure. Of the companies Porsche obviously has the ability to weather the storm and barring the total collapse of Italy Ferrari will be OK. Other's? Who knows...

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The one I have seen in the flesh was pretty impressive, the welds on the VIN plate...not so much.

Sounds like he needs new seat foam, after all these years, I'll bet they didn't feel the frame driving it 24 hours, that would have HURT!!

10. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    Regardless of the price of gold or a Manhattan apartment, $2M is a ton of money, especially considering that the announced number is 500 and actual production will be ~20% higher.
    There's just too much quality competition these days.

But I don't think they'll have a hard time selling. In the 80's the F40 was over $1M for a time, until they pumped out 1,300 of them.

Porsche is good at selling six figure beetles but a near seven-figure hybrid is another question. McLaren wants to make 375 cars which seems like only a few vs 918 or 499+, but that's quadruple the F1.

We'll see.

11. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Asians (Chinese, Singaporeans etc..) have been paying LaFerrari money for a 458 Spider or an Aventador. Some of these buyers have european and US residences. It wouldnt seem far fetched for them to buy a LF somewhere else in the world..or even pay the $4M price in their homeland.

I would love to know how many Aventadors were sold so far in China or South East Asia.

12. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    Not sure how many aventadors but I have seen pics of at least 4 konisegg agera delivered in china and a dozen paganis. Lots of money over there.

13. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Maybe but real men used to drive these cars back then.

Still the ultimate for me!
    Pete

14. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    At least 30 Paganis belong to people from HongKong, Singapore, China & Co. That is quite an impressive number. And yes, some of them have residency in Europe as well, and one particular Pagani owner is European.
    I know the owner of the green Huayra: he's from HK, and it is his 3rd Pagani.
    And at least 4-5 Huayras are roaming through UAE and Saudi Arabia.

These numbers are bound to increase dramatically in the next years.

15. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    Search YouTube for videos of the fff supercar club.

16. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Off topic; but a friend of mine in England bit every F1 race in one year; we met up in Montreal; if u want advice send me a pm. He loved every minute of it
    Kevin

17. SlvSurfer

SlvSurfer Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2005
    Monaco/Canada
    well said!

18. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    Are his initials JCS?

19. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    It's a temp dip. I've been dealing in rare coins for almost 30 years.

In the last couple of years I've seen it all. The best buy right now is Rhodium.

In 2008 it went up to $10,200 an ounce and look at what it is today.

Will it get back past $5k? 7k again? You bet!

20. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    LMAO an amateur historian....

21. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    :)

22. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    This thread has more drama than the Cheeta Lives thread, who would have guessed.

Nice to see a bunch of so-called "gold experts" and an amateur historian going at it. lmao

Getting some popcorn......

23. JasonSpidey

JasonSpidey Karting

Nov 8, 2010
    While you do that, I'll be buying rhodium.

24. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    What's your take on it?

25. jcosta79

jcosta79 Formula 3

Nov 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name: