2013 Pinehurst Concours d’Elegance | FerrariChat

2013 Pinehurst Concours d’Elegance

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Owens84QV, Jul 11, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #1 Owens84QV, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  2. fchip

fchip Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Chip G
    A few of us have been helping the Pinehurst team get this off the ground. Should be a lot of fun though they have a lot of work to do between now and then. Let's do it.

3. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Chip...are there opportunities for any of us to help out?

4. jdowling

jdowling Karting

Oct 4, 2010
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Jack Dowling
    Any updates on the Pinehurst Concours?

5. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    curses! I have plans May 3-5. #$@!%

6. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    For Immediate Release Feb. 15, 2013

919-630-6656

Bob Ingram Named Chairman of Inaugural Pinehurst Concours d’Elegance

VILLAGE OF PINEHURST, N.C. – Bob Ingram, one of North Carolina’s most influential business leaders and himself a collector of vintage automobiles, has been named honorary chairman of the inaugural Pinehurst Concours d’Elegance, to be staged in early May.

In addition, tickets will also go on sale Friday, Feb. 22 and can be purchased online at Pinehurst Concours d'Elegance | Pinehurst Concours d'Elegance. The first-ever Concours show competition at Pinehurst Resort will feature a staging of 118 prestigious cars, some valued at more than $2 million, in celebration of the 118-year-old resort.

Ingram, a Durham resident, former CEO of GlaxoSmithKline and now chairman of Elan Corp., a major drug firm based in Ireland, will serve as spokesman and adviser for the vintage automobile show at Pinehurst on May 3-5, 2013.

“As a car enthusiast myself and entrant of past Concours competitions, I was thrilled and flattered when approached to be honorary chairman of the inaugural Pinehurst Concours d’Elegance,” said Ingram, who was named 2011 Business Leader of the Year in the Triangle. “There couldn’t be a more appropriate setting for this historic event than Pinehurst Resort, a true industry leader and trend setter in Southern hospitality. Fans can expect a real treat.”

The official judging takes place on Sunday, May 5, with the 118 cars (to coincide with the 1895 founding of Pinehurst Resort) displayed on the first holes of Courses 3 and 5, with the historic portion of the resort clubhouse as a backdrop.

“The inaugural Pinehurst Concours d’Elegance is going to bring different guests to the area, folks who aren’t necessarily golfers but who appreciate the scenery, the beauty and our history,” added Pinehurst Resort Executive Vice President Tom Pashley. “And when you combine that with vintage cars and the enthusiasts who follow these rare automobiles, it’s a unique combination, a nice marriage.”

Individual tickets for the Sunday competition can be purchased at Pinehurst Concours d'Elegance | Pinehurst Concours d'Elegance starting next Friday, Feb. 22 at an introductory price of $40 through April 30. Tickets are $50 from May 1 until the start of the event, and can be purchased onsite May 5 at Pinehurst Resort. Teenagers will receive $10 off individual tickets and kids 12 under are free with a paying adult.

Events on May 3-4 leading up to the main judging competition include an Iron Mike Rally on May 3 in which show cars will make the 75-mile roundtrip from Pinehurst to Fort Bragg for a military appreciation day on base, and RKM Collector Car Auctions will offer bidders the opportunity to drive away in their dream car during a live sale at the Pinehurst Resort Fair Barn on Saturday, May 4.

For hotel reservations, please call Pinehurst Resort at (888) 894-4572 and ask for the Concours rate.

7. jackson

jackson Karting

Dec 3, 2007
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Jack McCausland
    Congrats to Bob! Read about his being named chairman in Sports Car Digest this morning.

8. AndrewJM

AndrewJM Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
    I'll be there. Bob Ingram is such a nice guy, and his car collection is absolutely amazing. He opens it up to the Hurricane Region Porsche Club about once a year, and it really is a sight to behold.

9. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Janet and I will be there on Sunday. May be there for the auction of my friend's COBRA is accepted.

10. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    I hope to see many of you at Pinehurst. My good friend Steve had his 1965 Cobra accepted into the show.

11. bennett

bennett Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    CHARLOTTE, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    Anyone offering free tix to a soon-to-be-married man on the day after his wedding shower? :)
    Would LOVE to see this Concours, new to the area and absolutely LOVING Charlotte so far!

12. jim94-348

jim94-348 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2010
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Hi Everyone,

I just want to make sure that everyone is aware that we have been offered a special Ferrari corral reserved parking area at Pinehurst.

The event details are on the website at Pinehurst Concours d'Elegance | Home

Individuals can purchase tickets directly from the website at https://events.cuetoems.com/pcde/OnlineTicketSales.aspx with your own credit card and you can purchase just the parking passes from them for $5 per vehicle by contacting Mary Griffin at 704-455-8888 EXT 1167. The parking passes would need to be purchased in advance to reserve your space. They will send out the parking passes prior to arrival so that you can have it prior to entering the corral.

13. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Jim. I did this and it was quick and painless. probably the all time lowest amount I have ever charged on my AMEX. Hope to see everyone there

14. AndrewJM

AndrewJM Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
    My Porsche 928 GTS is going to be in the Fairway Drive on Saturday. Hope to meet some of you guys there!

15. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    nice of them to visit Fort Bragg and offer a discount on Concours tickets to military!

16. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    While I cannot attend on Sunday (going to a wedding), my wife and I are planning to drive down Saturday morning. Anyone else from the area going and we can caravan?

17. jdowling

jdowling Karting

Oct 4, 2010
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Jack Dowling
    As of today's list of cars, sent out by the Pinehurst Concours, there are 4 Ferrari's on the Show Field.

Class 5 - Sports and GT Small Bore:

1972 246 GTS, from Erie,PA

Class 6 - Sports and GT Large Bore:

1968 330 GTC, from Raleigh, NC

1971 365 GTB/4, from Raleigh, NC

Class 8 - Preservation Cars:

1972 246 GT, from Marietta, GA

18. ktr6

ktr6 Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Hopefully will be there next year with a very rare car if I can get it finished up. Please post some photos for the rest of us please if anyone is able to make it

19. jdowling

jdowling Karting

Oct 4, 2010
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Jack Dowling
    The latest addition to Ferrari's at Pinehurst is:

Class 11 - Race Cars

1998 333SP, from Raleigh, NC

Any of these cars belong to fellow FChatters?

20. Tinbender

Tinbender Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Raleigh,Lake Lure,NC
    Full Name:
    Terry W. Phillips
    Do you know who has the 330GTC from Raleigh?

21. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I believe this is Fred Anderson's black 330GTC.

22. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Which is beeeyooteeful.

23. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Amen to that! You could eat off the valve covers which for a 1960's Ferrari is an unbelievable acheivement!

24. Fred32097

Fred32097 Karting

Apr 6, 2005
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Fred
    the 330 is not mine. i have a Lusso but it won't be in Pinehurst. it is at wayne obry's shop for a complete restoration. should be able to enter it next year. we will show "Annette's" (I'm a clever guy) 300SL. it just came back from Mark Allin's Rare Drive shop in NH. He took care of over 100 details. well, some were more than details like building a whole new wiring harness. it's a very early car maybe the fifth imported the the US. certainly in the first 10. records are vague from back then. five of the first ten cars have no records at all. got lucky when another client sent the very first car imported to Mark for restoration. he was able to confirm several features that were unique to the earliest cars. he's an SL expert of the first order and even he thought some of these items were "wrong" on my car. thank goodness number one showed up and we preserved all of the early features.

25. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thank you Fred for clearing up the 330/Lusso discussion as well as providing the back history on your SL...very very interesting!!