La Ferrari arrives at Hong Kong | FerrariChat

La Ferrari arrives at Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Gary Lee, May 6, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gary Lee

Gary Lee Rookie

Mar 21, 2012
    Private viewing this Thursday May 9 and Friday May 10, Open day viewing on May 11 & 12!

2. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    G'day,Is it staying in HK,or moving on?
    I'm there on June 8 for a week.
    Kerrari maybe interested as well.

3. IcyJ

IcyJ Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2010
    Hong Kong
    What do you mean by open viewing?

4. pcht5

pcht5 Karting

Jan 31, 2009
    Asia
    Full Name:
    PCHT 5
    It means open for public.

5. Gary Lee

Gary Lee Rookie

Mar 21, 2012

only from May 9-12...

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    So thats the one that was in Shanghai?

7. cnchung

cnchung Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Fred
    #8 cnchung, May 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Why do they need to do this ?

Can't they sell this overpriced POS ?

9. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Shut up...

10. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Kds - I agree, I can't think of a better reason. There were also apparently some private showings recently in California. They wouldn't be doing these sorts of things if the car was truly sold out.

>8^)
    ER

11. andyww

andyww F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    London
    So you would think they simply want to deliver them all to buyers and have them all put them away in their climate-controlled garages never to be seen again?
    They want to show them off because they are an advertisement of what they can achieve and what developments can be expected on future cars.

12. D55L

D55L Karting

Dec 14, 2008
    First post here, will post introduction later, wasn't able to pass this discussion.

There were no presentations of LF in the US, official or not, both two demo cars produced never made it to the US.

HK presentation is the very first LF related event at the F-dealer, it is part of Ferrari marketing campaign in China, if I'm not mistaken next stop will be Guangzhou and it is nothing more than the usual way to create a buzz in Chinese media and attract more customers for the 'mainstream' cars

50 LF units coming to Greater China (Mainland, HK, Taiwan) in total in three years time, major part of allocation well before the Shanghai presentation, remaining slots during the event.

There're no problems with the process of finding buyers for the car, production run is sold out and first deliveries are expected starting from October.

13. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Have you always had an interest in conspiracy theories?

14. D55L

D55L Karting

Dec 14, 2008
    First ever post here, will post my introduction later, wasn't able to pass this discussion.

The first ever LF dealer event is taking place in HK and it is part of Ferrari marketing campaign in China to attract more attention from the press in attempt to move more 'mainstream' cars.

There were no LF related events on US soil, both two demo cars never made it to the US as of now.

Speaking about sales - the are 50 LF units coming to the Greater China and they all are sold out.

There were some talks about some German and US F-collectors decided to reject an offer to buy a car, but that didn't stop Ferrari from filling all 499 slots in almost a heartbeat.

15. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I think you might need to review the definition of the word conspiracy.

Have you always taken everything Ferrari says at face value? Wait, no need to answer that...

Do you really believe they are scaling back production to preserve exclusivity or can you possibly entertain the idea that there are fewer customers for their cars now due to increased competition and changing economic climate?

There's really no shame here - McLaren and Porsche are doing the same world tours with their hypercars in order to fill up the order books. Frankly it is not as unbelievable as you might think that all the La Ferrari's (lol) are not yet sold. Let's not forget that Ferrari have the most expensive and least attractive offering of the trio and it comes with a very silly name.

>8^)
    ER

16. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Please, McLaren and Porsche are not in the same league as Ferrari when it comes to selling halo cars. The fact that you actually believe that some customers would choose a McLaren or Porsche because they prefer the name is laughable. Get over the name fan boy, it's the only real fault you can find with the car. As for looks, they are subjective, but the Ferrari has universally been praised as a very good looking car since it's unveiling at Geneva. It is evident that the vast majority of people here like the looks. I love how it looks. The fact that the worlds biggest McLaren fan boy doesn't is no surprise to anyone - you're biased.

I still can't believe you actually think people would say no to the Ferrari and say they want a P1 or 918 instead. The truth is that a lot of P1 customers are only buying the car because they could not get an invite to buy the Ferrari - just ask Frefan if you don't believe me (lol).

17. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix

least attractive offering? Really? And who exactly are you to Judge? Driven one? Driven any car of the trio?

So you are not on the list then. I don't think Luca is losing any sleep over that. The LF is sold out and you have no fact whatsoever to argue otherwise.

PS. there are many people who don't really care about the name of the car is right.

18. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    What does driving a car have to do with judging its visual appeal?

>8^)
    ER

19. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    There is more demand for the LF than available supply. That is undisputed.

Of course Ferrari does a roadshow for the car to drum up excitement for the brand and it's revolutionary products.

20. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    FYI - It can't be undisputed if people are disputing it. :D

>8^)
    ER

21. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Peloton - by your logic, you believe that if Ferrari have in fact sold all 499 LF's then they wouldn't bring the car to any of major shows such as Paris, Frankfurt, etc nor to any of their dealers around the world simply because there's no point in anyone (clients, press, public) seeing it now as there are no more for sale?

This theory of yours is just plain stupid.

22. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    What are you basing your dispute on? A feeling you got after reading McLaren message boards?

Jog on.

23. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I didn't say anything about a majopr motor show. I'm referring to these private viewings at dealers in Hong Kong and Los Angeles. I will say one thing - this may become the first Ferrari hypercar where they actually build the number they originally said they would.

>8^)
    ER

24. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    In HK customers will get a private viewing before the car is displayed to the public for everyone to see.

And they will definitely build more than 499. If they are struggling to sell them then why are they turning away established clients like Frefan who was ready to write a cheque? He has to settle for the McLaren now because Ferrari told him there was no way he could get one, despite owning several Ferrari's including F40, F50, etc.

Your argument doesn't make any sense, it's based on nothing more than a feeling you have.