Value of farm fresh eggs | FerrariChat

Value of farm fresh eggs

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Piper, May 8, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #1 Piper, May 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Box won't even close. Most of these are double yolk. Five bucks per carton for natural fed free range chicken eggs. Probably more actual egg in this carton than two off your grocers shelf. Box literally will not close.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Iced Coffee

Iced Coffee Karting

Dec 27, 2012
    Willow Park, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mike N.
    I buy free range organic eggs from the local health food store. They include a little insert about how they raise their chickens. I don't know if I can necessarily taste a difference, but I did notice the yolks are a much deeper yellow. I also feel better knowing there are a few less bad things entering my body and that they're good to the animals.

Funny the stuff you think about as you get older.

3. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Don't know what kind of mutant chickens you're getting your eggs from, but most of the eggs I buy or am given from folks around here tend to be similar in size to what you'd find in the grocery store. No doubt they are much better (having great taste & yolk color), but they aren't duck egg size or anything. Some DO come with really cool shell colors - full of greens, blues, and browns.

4. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    They're not always like this, but they're always bigger than normal eggs. Spring is a good time for free ranging critters.

5. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    When I was a kid I marveled when my mom would crack an egg w/ 2 yolks! That was & still is just so cool and I haven’t seen one in at least 30 years. Screw all those egg white omelets and eating only white of a hard boiled egg. Face it, the yolk is the best part!

6. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    What's funny is that you can't tell a book by it's cover, or an egg. There wasn't a single two yolk egg in that carton. They were huge, but it was a false assumption on my part that this must mean some were double. They were't.