275 GTB/4 Day One | Page 8 | FerrariChat

275 GTB/4 Day One

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 275GTBSaran, May 4, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vintage V12

Vintage V12 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Paint looks beautiful. No metal work done?

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Wow..she is stunning.

3. 275GTBSaran

275GTBSaran Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2012
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Le Monde Edmond
    #178 275GTBSaran, May 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So the 275 GTB/4 is finished. Interior will be done this winter and will drive it in the summer.
    Will pick her up next week as one or two more small details have to be done (license plates screws etc). Although I enjoyed seeing her when I saw her today, for some reason I was not overjoyed as I thought I would be. It was the first time I had seen her repainted -before I only saw the pictures which they sent me- which I sent you ;) Enjoy the pictures! My last question: Should I put white circles? I thought I would put one by the passenger door and perhaps a small one on the bonnet. Make a tick more sporty. Opinions / comments welcome!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

-CD- likes this.
  4. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    The car will look better to you when you get it back with the plates on etc and after you've washed it yourself I think. I'd put the roundels on it. The 275 GTB has the style, reputation and mystique that suits them. What weren't you happy about, Edmond?

5. 275GTBSaran

Mar 5, 2012
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Le Monde Edmond
    #180 275GTBSaran, May 8, 2013
    The blue. I find it a little too light. Too feminine? Maybe I just am not used to it. Its the original colour though - and perhaps I have to learn to respect that. The circles suit the 275! Look at what I did to the red one before I got it repainted....

6. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    You let a pretty lady drive your car!!! You can't do that, Edmond. :) Seriously, I really like the roundels on proper Gran Turismo Ferraris from this era.

7. 275GTBSaran

Mar 5, 2012
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Le Monde Edmond
    Don't worry. I didn't. She just wanted to sit in the drivers seat. She was cute in that way.
    Ok roundels it will be again. Also on the front?

8. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Yes, on the rear too but do what you're happy with. BTW, the colour is very nice and that's how it was born, so that's the colour it should be.

9. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    The blue looks great IMO, did you get to see it in natural light as well as under show room lights?

10. 275GTBSaran

Mar 5, 2012
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Le Monde Edmond
    No never saw it in natural light yet. Perhaps that is different.

11. PhatFrank

PhatFrank Karting

Nov 9, 2010
    Norway
    If it was my car I wouldn't put the white circles on her - I love the clean look of a "straight" 275 and would leave the decals for special occasions. As for the color; beauty is in the eye etc, but for me this has to be one of the best shades and much, much better than red. In any case, your car - your rules:). Fantastic.

12. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Any time driving a Ferrari 275 is a special occasion. :)

13. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    In my opinion - don't put the white circles on yet, even though the paint will have been baked in an oven, its still to soon. Give the car time to settle with its new paint. If left in sunlight for long periods of time, and then you take them off, you will see circles of different shade and you may have to compound polish the area.

But its your car, at the end of the day what ever makes you happy!

The car is absolutely beautiful, enjoy in health and happiness.

Mark

14. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Gorgeous, congrats!!

I think you should keep the white circles off, for now, too. I love the classic GT look of this car, and I think that blue is stunning. Really really pretty. I think the sporty look with the roundels would look best if you also had the alloy wheels, but with the wires it looks like a road car, and so I think you should keep the paint as is, for now.

Post a movie, when you can!

15. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    It looks great! That color is so classy I would leave the roundells off.

16. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    My dearest Edmond

Do NOT, I repeat: NOT, put any white roundels on the freshly repainted car. This is not a race car, has never been. I think it looks silly and cheap. Why first spend all the $$$ for a proper and professional repaint back into original colors and then ruin it instantly with something the car never had? Doesn't make sense to me.
    Always go for originality. Think mid and long term! We have spoken about this before already. And at length.

Marcel Massini

-K1- likes this.
  17. Pixel-Snapper

Pixel-Snapper Karting

Mar 19, 2013
    Middle England
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Very much this Edmond! the paint will still be soft and may cause damage.

It looks great by the way too.

Matt

18. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    I've changed my mind about the roundels and agree with Marcel and the others that the car is better without them. It's a 275 GTB/4 not a 275 GTB/C and looks fabulous as it is, in its original form.

19. 275GTBSaran

Mar 5, 2012
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Le Monde Edmond
    #194 275GTBSaran, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
    Thank you for all the compliments and reassurance about the colour. I appreciate it. Reg the roundels, it seems clear that most of you are against it. I think I will wait for the paint to settle for a few months but I do think the roundels suit the 275. It has racing heritage and is sporty enough for it to look good. I would never put them on a Lusso, or a 250 S1 Cab spider. Not even on a california spyder. I find it does not suit the car then. But a 275 GTB? I think it looks good. Also on a 250 SWB and 250 GTO. These are two cars where I find roundels suit the car. Not to speak of a 250 TR, or a 375+ or 500 TRC or where they are a must.

To Marcel: I can alway peel them off- they are not permanent. I do respect originality and understand your concerns. I have to sleep it over if I find it cheap? You have given me food for thought once again.....

20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Edmong, the car looks so stunning that i would not dare to put the white circles and perhaps spoil all the purity the car as right now...i must say that the car is such a work of art that probably would still look good if you painted it with tiger stripes!!!
    Quoting Mies van der Rohe..."Less is more" and i can´t think of anything else that will make your car look better than it already does...once again many congratulations on a true work of art.

21. 330 4HL

330 4HL Formula 3

May 12, 2005
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Rick Bradner
    #196 330 4HL, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
    I have to say, I'm with the vast majority on this one.
    Sports Car Digerst has just posted an article on the Pinehurst Concours d’Elegance which had a car with roundels very similar to yours in type and in the side photo the colour looks quite similar.
    Have a look and compare it to the beauty of the unbroken line of your car.
    I think they make the car look stubby.
    For me there's no contest.

You could always frame a photo of the Pinehurst car for your wall...

22. jimmyr

jimmyr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Marcel has stated what the true goal of ownership, (not flip) means. I have owned my 275GTB/4 for over 40 years and greatly enjoy it. I find great joy in ever researching details and making them right on the car. Small items, screws, Lobo markings, etc., are corrected at every instant. Making my car 99 points in my heart, not in judging, gives me great pleasure. Jim

23. doppioexpresso

doppioexpresso Karting

Mar 29, 2010
    Zürich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Deares Edmond

Wow that car looks absolutely fantastic! I am very confident you will learn to love that colour in very little time. I think it looks fantastic and will look even better once the interior has been redone in a lighter colour. I don't remember what you wanted to do to the interior but I hope it's going to be either dark blue or even better "tan".

I therefore also disagree with the roundlets. They might look funny now but will be totally out of place when the car comes back next spring with the interior done.

I estimate Mr. Massinis argument that the car was never a racer. I guess it will look much better as a sort of driven concours car...

Hope to see you soon Edmond!

Marc

24. 275GTBSaran

Mar 5, 2012
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Le Monde Edmond
    Well I can only hope that I also make 40 years with my car. I think I have a good chance and I don't sell things when I buy them. And I bought it at an age when another 40 years of ownership should be possible ;) Congratulations on owning such a fine car for 40 yrs! You must have bought it almost new back then. That is a huge achievement- today people tend to own things for years that can be counted on one hands (if that).

25. 275GTBSaran

Mar 5, 2012
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Le Monde Edmond
    #200 275GTBSaran, May 10, 2013
    Marc its is going to be beige, which also was the original color. It will look much better than black that is for sure. So even you are against the roundels? Is there anyone that is for the roundels? Look how good roundels can look! They suit the red car so well. Its from Octane magazine and all there 275 GTB versions (GTB/4, 6 carb alloy and normal GTB long nose) are owned by the same collector!