512 TR 1992 Check engine light 7-12 | FerrariChat

512 TR 1992 Check engine light 7-12

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by MAlessandro, Nov 19, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MAlessandro

MAlessandro Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    WY
    Full Name:
    Michael Alessandro
    The CK engine light 7-12 came on while driving on the freway , no misses etc, idles perfectly, major service 1500 miles ago
    Any quick fixes??

2. jselevan

jselevan Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Do you have a pair of wire cutters?

Jim S.

3. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Hi there,

Please introduce yourself to the forum and fill out your profile so people know who you are and where you are from. It helps to make you a part of the community.

This is a topic that has been discussed many times before. Ferrarichat has in its archives previous discussions which often contain the answers to questions such as these. The search tool at the top is not the best, but it can be very useful.

All that said, I am happy to help you. Please read the information contained in the very valuable thread below:
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73034

The 512TR has the same Bosch 2.7 Motronic injection system as many other Ferraris. As you will read on that thread, there is a procedure which will allow you to diagnose what the Check Engine light is trying to communicate. It is quite simple. You should be able to take care of this in just a few minutes.

Do some of this homework and let us know what you come up with.

Regards,
    David

4. HAC

HAC Karting

Mar 28, 2006
    Knoxville, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Hugh A. Cornell
    I am more surprised when mine are not on. The wire cutter thing is starting to sound good. Don't worry until the red ones come on!

5. Star-Garage

Star-Garage Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2010
    Delray, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike Massari
    Just wanted to thank those involved with posting the info on this subject. With the posted diag. procedure and code reference chart, I was able to determine that the left O2 sensor was faulty. I replaced it ($85 on ebay) and cleared the code. No more light!
    Thanks again!!!

6. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel