Anyone here use XM Radio? | FerrariChat

Anyone here use XM Radio?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Nibblesworth, Feb 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    My fine folks purchased me an XM radio for my birthday. I'm pretty damn jazzed, as the majority of my radio listening is spent tuned into news, and NPR and Terry Gross have really begun to wear away at my sanity.

I'm eagerly awaiting the final loading of all the channels, after which I can use it.

Does anyone here use XM, and if so, what are your opinions?

2. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    I have XM Radio, have had it since Feb of 2003. I happen to love it - I travel a lot in my car and being able to listen to the same radio station when driving for 3-5 hour trips, or even cross country is awesome. The programming is getting better- and they are banning all commercials which is awesome (on most channels). I find myself listening to the same 6 channels which are preset into my Kenwood XM Radio player - but I know there is a lot of good content on it.

If I could recommend something to XM - I would want them to publish something that showed the channel lineups so we can see them in the car, because memorizing 205 channels, and what exactly is on them is hard to do.

I highly recommend XM. Feel free to PM me with any questions on it. I got mine at Best Buy.

3. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    We don't have XM, but we do have Sirius... We switch the unit between home and the Jeep... In the Jeep we use it for when we are miles away from civilization(SP) in the mountains... Overall, having used both, they work like a charm!

4. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    I've used two XM products over the past year, both were the best automotive entertainment purchases I've ever made. Highly recommended.

Also, I've tried Sirius and it's just as good. Can't go wrong either way.

5. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    XM is great.

6. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    Well, the channels have loaded up, and I've spent about two hours browsing and listening. This is is GREAT! I can't imagine how much more enjoyable the radio will be without having to deal with commercials. Simply amazing!

An intersting side note; with ClearChannel and Infinity Broadcasting coming down hard of shock-jocks and whatnot, there is speculation that some hosts and programs will switch from mainstream radio to satellite radio. I know Howard Stern was kicked off of six stations for te last half of last week due to new ClearChannel regulations, and he stated he wanted to go to satellite radio. I suspect that this will take off and become even more successful than it is now - and I PRAY that Stern goes to XM. Those commercial breaks are killers, and the amount of censorship can make the show somewhat tiresome.

7. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

I have an Alpine XM head unit in one vehicle and a Delphi portable unit i switch between the home and office. I would never have guessed just how much i would like the XM service, but now I would never go back to FM. Its even better now that they went back to commercial free on the music channels. Now if they would just add a Formula One channel!

8. spidr

spidr Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    I have Sirius and love it. They send me a card every once and a while w/ the channels. Zero ads. Zip Zilch. One of the best buys I've made in a long time.....I have the Kenwood system. Goes in my cars, house, friends cabin and boat, and brothers cafe.