Have a Ferrari or similar...would you like to help? Please read on | FerrariChat

Have a Ferrari or similar...would you like to help? Please read on

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by rmdferrari, May 10, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rmdferrari

rmdferrari Formula 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Gatwick, UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
    This is a virtual copy / paste from another forum, so please make allowances for that! ;)

The gist of it is: If you have a Ferrari or similar, and would like to help raise funds for a children's charity by giving passenger rides on the Top Gear track... please read on. Thanks. :)

The Supercar Event - 15th & 16th June 2013

Many Ferrari and other supercar owners have have been associated with The Children’s Trust, Tadworth The Children's Trust provides care, education & rehabilitation to disabled children since 2006 when we first ran a small fundraising event from the Trust site which we continued in ’07 & ‘08. From 2009 we secured use of the Top Gear track at Dunsfold, and this is where we are returning in 2013 for a 5th time.

The event again being heald over TWO days of a weekend! Therefore those who usually can’t make a Saturday or Sunday due to other commitment should all be able to attend.

Because it’s now a two day event, we need almost twice the number of cars (though many will want to drive on both days). So we are looking for a total of 200+ cars.

Facebook & twitter links below. Please “share and re-tweet” as often as you’re able to help spread the word.

http://www.facebook.com/thesupercarevent.com
    https://twitter.com/#!/@thesupercarevnt

For those not familiar with the format of the day, you drive your car around the Top Gear track for three laps with a passenger who has made a donation to The Children’s Trust. Do as many rides as you and your car feel comfortable with. As an estimate, most drivers give 10 – 15 rides throughout the day.

The options open to you this year is as follows:

1. Saturday & Sunday
    2. Saturday only
    3. Sunday only
    4. All day (any of 1, 2 or 3)
    5. p.m. only (any of 1, 2 or 3)

If anyone would like to take part in the Sporting Bears attraction which will be giving passenger rides on local roads, please email [email protected] Any classic, sports or interesting car would be suitable.

Any national newspaper, radio, distributing leaflets or any other ideas all would be very welcome. Anyone who can arrange for a staff email to get sent around their office about the event will be appreciated...we have a PDF that can be sent to anyone who wants it.

Please ask any questions, make suggestions etc on this thread.

Many thanks,

Richard, Bachi, Pete, & Mal.

Brief Details:

Date: Saturday & Sunday 15th & 16th June 2012

Time: Arrive by 8:00am
    Driver briefing 8:30am (sharp! but 12:30 for pm drivers)
    Rides from 9:00am - 4:30pm

Cost to drive: £0

Location: Dunsfold Park, Stovolds Hill, Nr. Cranleigh, Surrey.

Aim: To give paid rides in our cars to raise funds for The Children's Trust, Tadworth.

Notes:

1. Those who attended in 2009/10 /11 /12 are guaranteed a place on the list (but still need to confirm).

2. Drivers will need to attend a briefing and obtain a wristband before going on the track. No band no track.

3. This is not a track day but a fundraising event and should be approached as such. Speed and safety restrictions will apply to ensure the day passes without incident.

4. All cars must be comprehensively insured, but unless confirmed by your insurance company, please assume you have no cover on the airfield. The event liability does not cover you whilst driving on the track. Existing & track experienced Lockton clients will be insured. (contact them direct)

Further details as and when available, but please ask any question here.

2. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Looks like a fun event and a worthy effort.

I hope they get a good turnout of supercars. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

3. rmdferrari

rmdferrari Formula 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Gatwick, UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Thanks Andrew.

It's a unique event where you get to:

(a) drive your car round part of the Top Gear track

(b) have a great day out with like-minded car nuts and...

(c) raise loads of money for a superb children's charity.

What's not to love?

Last year we grossed over £100,000 for the two day event. I'd love some more Ferraris there. :)

4. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'm afraid I haven't yet got an exotic so won't be able to help, but good luck! :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

5. rmdferrari

rmdferrari Formula 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Gatwick, UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Thanks Andrew.

It's a highlight of the year for many of us, because..

1. You get to drive your car on part of the Top Gear track, and..

2. You're helpiing raise much needed funds for a children's charity.

What's not to love? :)

PM me guys.

6. Nickt

Nickt Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Iver, Buckinghamshir
    Full Name:
    Nick T
    Hi Richard, are you taking our GT4?

7. rmdferrari

rmdferrari Formula 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Gatwick, UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Hi Nick...nice to hear from you again!

Yes, picking the GT4 up from Autofficina on Sat 8th, ready for the following weekend on the Top Gear track at The Supercar Event. :)

How's your project going?

8. Nickt

Nickt Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Iver, Buckinghamshir
    Full Name:
    Nick T
    Hi Richard,
    I'll take my car for one day if it will help - just let me know what day suits you.

It will be good to see how / if (lol) my new all round Superformance brakes work :)

I assume that speed is not important for this event :)

I'll update my kitcar thread.. I now have another engine for it!

Cheers
    Nick

9. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Not certain my Bentley GTC would be suitable, good luck with the day anyhow. I really do need a ferrari in the garages

10. rmdferrari

rmdferrari Formula 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Gatwick, UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Hi Nick. You would be most welcome, thanks. Which day would you prefer?

It's not a day about speed as it's not a track day, but an experience for paying punters to rasise funds for the Children's Trust.
    Hi Rob. Your Bentley would be suitable.... we even had a fella tooling about in a Phantom last year and he was very popular! Which day would you like to come down? :)

11. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Christening on the saturday and my kids with me that weekend. Possibility of the sunday but wouldnt be able to confirm untill a couple of days beforehand

12. rmdferrari

rmdferrari Formula 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Gatwick, UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Ha, and there's me mis-reading your post and thinking you'd come along if not for a possibily unsuitable car.... :D I should have known better..... ;)

13. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    As it says in my last post above 'possibility'...possibly you misread that too? Clearly you are blind aswell as stupid ;)

14. rmdferrari

rmdferrari Formula 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Gatwick, UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Nope... just realised you wanted another opportunity to tell everyone that you had a new car (in case they missed your house/car thread). Some things change, some don't.... :) LOL

Lovely though it would be to see you at Dunsfold in a couple of weeks, I somehow doubt it.

(I believe CS still has a "Bragging Thread"??) :D

15. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #15 Hud, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
    Rather rude and unnecessary?

Your thread said Ferrari or similar, i didnt think my Bentley GTC (brag) was worthy of people paying to ride in it on a track/ charity day. Had i a Ferrari then i wouldnt feel the need to raise the question.

My children dont live with me, they are staying with me the weekend you mention, i will try and help you out if i can.

But not if you are rude or continue to behave like a prick.

Ok and simple enough ?

16. rmdferrari

rmdferrari Formula 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Gatwick, UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
    ....and after the initial post I said a Phantom was there last year and was very popular. (some would even say your Bentley would be more exciting than my old GT4?)

If you can't make it, so be it. Family should be at the top of everyones priorities, and Sunday the 16th is also Father's Day so more reason for you to spend it with them. :)

17. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #17 Hud, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
    Yes and after your informative post i said it was a 'possibility' (based on your phantom comment) that i may be able to come on the sunday.

You then chose to ignore this and go into some weird personal attack on me. Maybe reverse psychology ? Maybe you havent had sex for a while? Maybe you fancy me? Who knows :)

Anyhow. As said i will try and come on the Sunday, but wont know until a couple of days before (baby sitter required)

18. rmdferrari

rmdferrari Formula 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Gatwick, UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I'm going for No.3...... as I've always found you (very) strangly attractive, in a Keith Harris meets Wayne Rooney (pre weave) kinda way. :D

(seriously... email Pete, yellowtr if you can)

19. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Why is this thread now reminding me of the good old days ;) ?