A-10 "Warthog" | Page 4 | FerrariChat

A-10 "Warthog"

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by rdefabri, Feb 10, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
    #76 Nurburgringer, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  3. schwaggen

schwaggen Karting

Apr 22, 2006
    Miami FL
    Driving north on the "20 mile stretch" from Key Largo to Florida City last year, I can make out a smudge on the horizon- getting bigger fast- an A-10 was blasting straight down the road at us, maybe 500ft. off the deck (it turns out, the Homestead Airshow was going on)- BOOM as it rocketed over the car.

Easy to see, if you were a Taliban grunt, that from that perspective, it would be time to crap your pants.

4. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Glad to see this thread still continuing - some great aviation experience here and a great plane to fete.

5. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
  6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    When I was at Lakenheath in the early 80s with F-111Fs only, there were A-10 bases everywhere in the UK. Then they went to Lakenheath and Spang only, then Spang only, and now...

Guess we are not too worried now about all the tanks crossing the German border.

My brother flew F-4Gs out of Spang, and I did a couple of TacEvals there for 4ATAF. Nice base and great location close to the Mosel and some of the best wine in the world.

Even if the F-35's 25 mm cannon does pan out, it cannot replace the GAU-8.