I Just Got a New Toy | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I Just Got a New Toy

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by FUNRARI, Jun 14, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Z - congrats again on the purchase! You and your son were truly enjoying the moment the other day. We need a photo of yours and mine together - QV and Carbed. Looking forward to seeing you at many other events like the PVGP. I will be there but likely in the TR.

CC

2. ztarum

ztarum Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    South Jersey, USA
    Have you documented you engine build anywhere? I'd love to see the details.

3. Arjun

Arjun Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    Sadly no build thread on the motor - Art Sports in Japan built the car and motor, and when I called them to get background info on it they didn't speak much english and I didn't speak any Japanese making for an incredibly awkward phone conversation. All I could understand was that it was a 3.2 out of a Mondial (Tipo 105C) with higher compression pistons, hot cams and ITBs. The engine management is via a MoTeC system. Art Sport claimed 400hp/280lbft of torque using the stock 7800rpm rev limit and when we put the car on the dyno last November and this May, we got 340hp/240lbft with the same rev limit to the wheels which is in line with 15% transmission loss. Ron (Pantera1889) and Fernando (at Competizione) think that the motor can turn to at least 9000rpm if not higher with more top end power, but not knowing anything about the valve springs etc., I'm not going to risk blowing the motor just to find out.

4. ztarum

ztarum Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    South Jersey, USA
    Nice. Don't want to hijack this thread, but how about some pictures posted up separately? I would like to see what the ITB set-up looks like.

5. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Very nice, don't forget to post some pictures in the 308 section. What is the bump on the gauge nacelle?

6. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    You shouldn't have to worry about the license plate for a while, most states allow 30 days to get a new state license plate if you are a resident.

7. RobD

RobD Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    USA
    It's a beauty, congrats!

8. ALPO

ALPO Formula 3

May 13, 2005
    Annapolis area
    Full Name:
    alpo
    Zahir, congrats
    Would love to see you in Annapolis this Sunday!

9. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    More pics!

Great looking car indeed...

LS

10. KJM3SMG

KJM3SMG Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2006
    Loudoun County, VA
    Full Name:
    Karl - KJ
    low 200s to 400 upgrade is outstanding, especially for a light car like that!