Asian American F-owners in So Cal | FerrariChat

Asian American F-owners in So Cal

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by PVEferrari, Jun 20, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PVEferrari

PVEferrari Formula Junior

I haven't seen any kind of get together among Asian American F-owners in So Cal.
    It would be interesting to put together some kind of C&C/Drives for fellow Asian American
    F-Chatters on a regular basis.
    I'm in the south bay area.
    If you're interested, check in and let me know.

2. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Really??? I find that discriminating. I have no interest whatsoever...

3. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    Can we roundeyes come and take pictures and maybe hang out?
    My car lives in Detroit, but my mother lives in SoCal, so it would be cool to check this out when I visit if that's cool.

4. schefdeh5

schefdeh5 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2008
    U.S.A.
    I'm not Ajan, but can i come?

5. 575 Maranello

575 Maranello Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2013
    So Cal
    Damm.. I'm Italian, I can't come. I can never catch a break. lol

I gota idea we Italian Ferrari owners can starta our owna cluba. We can hang outa at the deli playa cards breaka somea faces etc.

Oh yah that already exists its called the mafia. LMAO

6. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #6 m5guy, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
    There needs to be a mandatory SAT test and a minimum passing score established before I will attend. Extra points awarded to those of us forced to take piano or violin lessons as children. Double bonus points if you are an MD, DDS, or Phd. Points deducted if you shamed your family by getting a liberal arts degree. That's how a proper gathering is established.

7. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Ha Ha, Awesome, this is well put...(;

8. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #8 m5guy, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    Wait, needs more rules. Attendance is free if you grew up in Gardena, Garden Grove, Monterey Park or Montebello. If you grew up in Hacienda Heights, you pay double. If you grew up in San Marino, you pay 4x unless you bring proof of a prior fix-it ticket issued for illegal exhaust on any Acura or Honda vehicle.

If you bring your grandmother (still living, either side of family) and have to translate for her, you get member-for-life status. If your grandmother orders your lunch for you in her native dialect and forces you to eat all of it in front of the group, you can never attend again.

If your license plate has the number "7" in it, you must either remove the plate prior to attending, or place a sticker of a dragon or lion directly beneath the number 7. If your license plate has the number "8" in it, every other attendee must contribute $5 in a red envelope to be given to your overweight #1 son.

9. axis007

axis007 Karting

Jan 6, 2004
    ability to operate a camera and know how to use chopsticks are imperative as well.

10. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Will we be ordered to take our shoes off prior to getting into our cars? Also the steering wheel, gear lever(s), and all knobs and switches will be covered in plastic wrap.
    In addition, the cars will be parked facing east and they will leave the parking lot in this fashion.

11. PVEferrari

You guys are taking this way too seriously!!!

I know for a fact that even most of professional organizations have its own sub-groups.
    I don't see anything improper about that.
    In So Cal, there are many different ethnic communities such as Chinatown, Koreatown,
    Little Armenia, Little Ethiopia, Little Saigon, Little Tokyo, & Thaitown to name a few.
    Do you see any problems w/ having all those separate communities in a city?
    I certainly don't.

Btw, everyone is welcome since we all are in a F-Chatter family.

12. alexkam

alexkam Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Sunny CA
    Full Name:
    Alex

The Ferrari community is not based on ethnicity, it's about sharing the same passion for cars with like minded enthusiasts. You just have it all wrong.

13. PVEferrari

I totally agree, who says anything about discriminating, etc...
    Come on guys.

14. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Hilarioussssss

15. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #15 m5guy, Jun 21, 2013
    CJFerrari, FYI, it is largely the Asian guys here making the jokes (me included.) I prefer a get-together where all owners can co-mingle, but maybe there is a different venue for a cultural outing. See, when we get to share all the quirks about growing up Asian with our non-Asian friends, it breaks down cultural differences. Everyone has a funny story about their upbringing, regardless of what nationality they are.

16. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    No on the shoes because you should have a plastic carpet runner/protector on top of your floor mat. Yes on the plastic protection on all surfaces touched by the hands. Direction of car nose parking is not as important as the general energy flow of cars as they enter and leave the parking lot. Anyone who brings a 3' long WINK rear view mirror from the 1980's eats for free.

17. C4YES

C4YES Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Man Greg you were on a roll, lol!!!!!
    Anyone know how to Feng Shui a car????
    Next up, latin american, italian american, canadian american, jewish american, african american, "white" american and mixed american f car gatherings. Cant wait.

18. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #18 m5guy, Jun 21, 2013
    Axis007 has known me for 25 years. I did not get a medical degree nor am I an ME or EE. I did not marry an Asian woman. My house faces the wrong direction. I do not go to church on Sundays. My mother still cooks chow mein and brings it to my house. My children are neither bi-lingual nor enrolled in private school. Basically, I am a loser. I could never attend an Asians-only gathering with any dignity unless it was limited to immediate family members. And even then, my brother-in-law the PhD would get all the attention.

19. axis007

axis007 Karting

Jan 6, 2004
    Did I met you on the boat ride to the US ? I am finally peeling the Hello Kitty Stickers off my 458 Italia, good call GLEG ( cannot pronounce the R's ) the Hello Kitty stickers were too much.

20. axis007

axis007 Karting

Jan 6, 2004
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight !

21. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    If there's food I am so on my way

At the lake in Arkansas so I will take a few hours to get back to SOCal

:)

22. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    When I worked with several Laotians and Cambodians, I lived in Little Armenia, which is next to Thai Town, where Indian and Persian food was also available & dated a Korean who lived just down the road in Korea Town & grew up with lots of Japanese classmates [4 of whom I had crushes on] with whom lots of sports were played against Chinese kids from other schools.

It's a beautiful thing you're envisioning & I hope there's more than one get-together.

23. robert_c

robert_c F1 Rookie

May 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert C
    In before the rock.

24. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you