Tim Stanford Foreign Cars | FerrariChat

Tim Stanford Foreign Cars

Discussion in 'Florida' started by RJR89, Jun 28, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RJR89

RJR89 Formula Junior

May 14, 2006
    This has been repeated many times, so I'm going to try to keep this short, but I wanted to again let people know how incredible it is to have your Ferrari worked on by Tim Stanford Foreign Cars in Lauderdale (954-764-7824). No matter if you want a PPI, a major service, or even more difficult work done, Tim and his brother, Tom, are without a doubt the absolute best Ferrari mechanics in Florida.

One of the most important things to have in your tool bag when you're dealing with Ferraris is a great mechanic. Good, honest, fair, hard-working, reliable mechanics we all know can be extremely hard to find. Tim Stanford is not only a skilled mechanic, but he's also a great guy. If you have not yet used him, run, don't walk, the next time you need work done on your Ferrari. You will not be disappointed.

I just had my car down there for a few items (belts, brakes, fluids, exhaust) and since I'm two hours away I had the car shipped down. I dropped by to say hello and his workshop was packed to the gills with a dozen Dinos, Daytonas, BB512s and 3x8s. For those of you who don't know, Tim is the technical advisor for the FCA, has been working on Ferraris for several decades and one of the things that makes him so incredibly valuable is not only his vast experience and knowledge, but this is a guy who cares about his customers and their cars. He's unlike any other mechanic out there. He will do everything in his power to give you what I consider "white glove" service. And he doesn't do it because he has to, but instead, because that's the type of guy he is.

So, no matter if you're in Boca, Miami, Lauderdale, Palm Beach, or as far away as Naples, Sarasota, Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, etc. I believe it's worth it to ship or drive your car to Tim Stanford's Foreign Cars. He will treat you fair; he will treat you right; and you will come away feeling good about the money you've spent. And while I'm guessing he doesn't really need the work I encourage anyone that hasn't used him in the past to take your car to him and see for yourself. The service these guys provide to Ferrari enthusiasts is unparalleled. I could go on and on with several examples of his incredible service just from my most recent experience, but I promised I would keep this short. But thanks, Tim, for being so dedicated to helping us with our cars.

While my car was down there I also had Eddy Fiuza from Fiuza's Auto Detaling do a full detail. Eddy's also a great guy. So easy to talk to, just a really cool guy. And he does amazing work. Not only is he great at what he does, but he also has a passion for it. I would encourage everyone in the South Florida area to give him a call when you need a detail (954-415-5170).

Lastly, Exotic Car Transport out of Orlando was very helpful in shipping my car and they did a good job at a very fair rate. So, thanks to them as well.

TRNCO likes this.
  2. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    +1- Tim's a great guy and a valuable resource!

3. Bullitt1

Bullitt1 Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yep, Tim is the best!!!!

4. 328PWC

328PWC Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 5, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Cissell
    +2. Both Tim & Tom are valued members of the Ferrari community. They are the only two individuals who I would consider working on my car. As for detailing, Eddy is the best at his profession. You probably saw my car in the shop for service and Eddy is going to detail after completion of service. Glad you are having your car serviced there.

5. jpl

jpl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Yulee Florida
    Full Name:
    JP Lavigne
    Well I just moved to Naples, well just a little north of Naples and was looking for a good shop to take my car for service. Still getting settled in, but when it comes time, I will try and pop over to his place and introduce him to sn# 24865.

Thanks
    JP

6. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Tim is certainly a great guy!

And, Jan at Exotic Car Transport is great too!!

7. nsxter

nsxter Formula 3

Nov 14, 2004
    Oakland Park, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Bill O
    Tim is A#1 without question. The same goes for Eddy. They are the best at what they do. Have no hesitation recommending either one of those fine gentlemen.

8. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    +3. Whether for service or a PPI, Tim is the best and just a great guy to talk to....especially about his first love -Dino's!!

9. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross

We are so lucky in south florida to have these gifts, Let us not forget
    our own da vinci, Luc Grondin.

10. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Tim is both top of the knowledge spectrum, honest, and simply someone you are proud to know. Same goes for his brother.

Luc was mentioned, absolute master with a paint gun.

11. 400iGuy

400iGuy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Al
    In total agreement with all the comments about Tim Stanford Foreign Cars and Tim himself. I've had my car transported and I've driven it the 240 miles between my place and Tim's several times and it has always been worth the effort.

Away from the shop at track events or car shows he and Lisa are always a ton of fun to be around.

Al
    400iA 50605

12. Eddy Fiuza

Eddy Fiuza Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Cooper city Florida
    Full Name:
    Eddy Fiuza
    Thank you all for the kind words. Excellent post began by Shark06. Tim and Tom are A+++++. Regards Eddy Fiuza

13. Knightrider

Knightrider Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    Good to know, I'm in the hunt and it's always good to hear about honest dealers!

14. BIGHORN

BIGHORN In Memoriam

Sep 18, 2006
    FLORIDA/NEW MEXICO
    Full Name:
    JOHN F KELLY
    Tim has taken care of my Ferraris for 39 years, first as an employee with Bob Cressman and since opening his own shop 31 years ago.
    First class operation & first class guy. Cant recommend him highly enough!

15. buckminster

buckminster Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2005
    On the water, SWFL
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Raftis
    Maybe we should start a Tim Stanford Fan Club! I'm in!

16. nsxter

nsxter Formula 3

Nov 14, 2004
    Oakland Park, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Bill O
    Yes indeed, Luc is tops in body magic!

17. wtlaw

wtlaw Karting

Jul 28, 2011
    SoFLA
    Full Name:
    WT Law
    Is Tim providing services for regular maintenance schedules to the latest models F430's and 458's ?? As in year regular fluid / inspection in cars without issues !!!
    Might not be profitable for his operation since they mostly require software equipment than the physical nature and time needed for older models.

18. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I can highly recommend Tim Stanford- he has worked for 12 years on my cars. The best!

19. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    Honest and fair

20. oss117

oss117 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    Plantation, Florida
    Full Name:
    Alfredo
    Easy Daniel: comparing Luc to da Vinci will make his head spin and the prices will go up !!