Anyone have experience with Rolls Royce? | FerrariChat

Anyone have experience with Rolls Royce?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Nick R, Jun 28, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Okay so I am getting older and I am considering getting a Rolls. Now before Jimpo and the gang beat me up about this, I will say that I am looking at the Wraith.

Before I do, I thought I would ask the community here if they have any experience, etc. with Rolls Royce.

Thanks in advance!

2. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Last night, watching Jerry Seinfeld's "Comedians in cars getting coffee" He had a great line about older Rollers. "Terrible as a car. Fantastic as a living room."

3. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    I own a Rolls Royce, one of me best friends is a Rolls Royce, Ferrari, Bentley dealer, he told me before i bought a Rolls Royce that a Rolls service bill can make a Ferrari owner faint, he was right!

4. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    4:45 AM Nick? GO TO BED!

I remember the Nick that drove his 355 so fast that he sucked the road up to meet him and had to replace some things underneath the car. That's not the same Nick that takes his LazyBoy with him wherever he drives. :(

Did you ever sell the 430?

5. Nick R

Nick R Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick R
    Yep, I sold the 430. I then started thinking what I would like to have next. Sure I could get the 458. Johnathan had a very tempting offer on one but I wasn't sold on it.

Jimpo, have you seen the Wraith? 616 HP. 0 to 60 in 4.6 secs. Not bad for a lazyboy?

http://www.rolls-roycemotorcars.com/wraith/

Not sold on it either just looking around.

Call me let's catch up.

By the way, have you guys heard of JumpJet?

http://www.jumpjet.com/

6. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    I have had a 1995 Silver Dawn for a number of years. It is a magnificent car - but, as mentioned above - expensive to maintain. Similar to a Ferrari in that regard.

But, there really is only the Rolls-Royce at the very top of the automotive world.