Any Mondial owners drop the kids off at School | FerrariChat

Any Mondial owners drop the kids off at School

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by soucorp, Jul 8, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #1 soucorp, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was just wondering how many folks have dropped off the kids at school in the Mondial and all of their friends saying wow, cool car ? I'll be doing that this fall now that my kids are alil older... at least once a week :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    All the time. Many kids think it's cool, most don't even notice, and some say "whatever, it's an old Ferrari."

However, Everyone sees the '66 Fiat 500 and Everyone laughs.

You and your kids will have fun. I read somewhere that Rod Stewart's son hates to be dropped off in the Ferrari because "It's embarrassing."

What a waste.

Dave

3. cockrill

cockrill Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Cockrill
    I take my kids (age 7 and 8) to school every day. The Mondial isn't really a big deal -- it's just an "old car." (It is loud, though!)

The Hummer, however, turns heads.

4. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Absolutely. I've taken all our kids everywhere in our Mondials & our Rolls Royce. The kids seem to really like cool cars, but they all loved the Mondials.

5. Lino

Lino Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Lino
    I picked up my daughter and her friends on the last day of high school, they loved it. Then i picked up my son 15, and his friends. They really liked it.

6. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    any day the weather is good (7 yr-old does think it's loud and too windy some days and asks if the top can stay up... then it's just loud).

7. Clike

Clike Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    Ogden, UT
    Full Name:
    Clark
    I drop off and pick up my 14 year old from jr. high on my way to the high school where I teach...Physics nerd with a ferrari makes me a bit of a small town hero. Then I stop and get my 4 year old from pre school on the way home. On another note, my wife likes the car and enjoys riding around, but is embarrassed by all the attention.

8. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    We got our '86 3.2 a few weeks before my 10 year old got out of school. We didn't want to show off, the fact that we just got a Ferrari but my son asked if I could at least take him to school on his last day of school. So I agreed.

We got to the school before the patrols close the front driveway for the school buses. So I pulled up in front of the school to let him out. Some of the kids noticed, but what was too funny was the school's mascot (a Scottie Dog) was waiting at the front door to greet the kids. It saw my car and approached motioning for him to get a ride.

Unfortunately, I had the top up and had to go. But I thought that was kind of funny. My son also enjoyed some of his friends coming up to him and complementing on how cool his car was! :)

Bill P.

9. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    #9 davebdave, Jul 8, 2013
    For our daughter's last day of elementary school I showed up in the Mondial blasting Alice Cooper's "Schools Out."

On the last day of our daughter's freshman year in High School we took her and a friend to Reading, PA to see...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    My job is to drop my daughter off every morning, and in IL that meant only about 1 month in the Mondial with the top down. It caused her a LOT of attention, mostly by the boys saying "coooool it's a Ferrari". She digs it.

Now next fall, it will be far more often in a better climate state. Pulling up to a proper Catholic school in a downtown setting blipping the throttle will be priceless.

Like 4re, thinking about adding a classic Rolls to embarrass her even more.

11. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    In the young days of Rod & Rachel's kids, they would get their ride to school in "Rachel", and I doubt they ever felt embarrassment at all. It's only as kids get older and start to worry about what their peers "will think", that they become embarrassed.

Fast forward a few years - - and then guess what !!!

Cheers,

Hank

12. fgcfire8

fgcfire8 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2008
    Montpelier Va
    Full Name:
    Frank Castelvecchi
    Got attention from the band guys when picked daughters up after band practice. but not as much as daughter did when she drove Mondial to Prom

13. Lenvo65

Lenvo65 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2005
    Bergen Cty NJ
    8th grade daughter wants to be picked-up or dropped off at school in Mondial whenever I can do so; high school daughter (going to be a Junior) just puts up with it. DD - Caddy CTS-V draws attention at the high school too, either way the boys notice ( the cars I am hoping).

14. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    #14 davem, Jul 10, 2013
  15. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Not a Mondial owner, but I've dropped off the kids in my 308 GT4. They love it. Plus, some of the teachers like it too ;)

16. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks for sharing guys.
    The funny thing is now my kids fight for front seats so we have to take turns coming and going!
    I guess after sitting in the back since babies, up front seating is a right of passage.

Cheers

17. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Yes, and pick-up service too :)

18. La_Rossa

La_Rossa Karting

May 11, 2012
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I pick up my grandson twice a week from elementary school.
    I have his ferrari cap and sunglasses at the ready, it's become quite regular event for him, particularly when we go for a Gelato...

19. David Danhof

David Danhof Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    David Danhof
    Did so this AM and afternoon at Reading Camp. Again tomorrow. My oldest daughter was a rock star with the boys in the camp. I welcome the back seats despite what it does to the 2 seat crowd.

20. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Also not a Mondial owner, but drop the kids off in my 308QV!!!

Haven't done the E-Type yet, maybe better to do in the Fall!

21. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    I picked my daughter up one time and also dropped her off. I was going out in the car but she was not impressed.
    In contrast my girlfriend's son has asked me on several occasions but I have refused. They'd probably think he was drugs baron :D

22. adrianmizza

adrianmizza Rookie

Jul 26, 2013
    Melbourne Australia
    Full Name:
    Adrian Mizza
    I have two baby chairs in the back of my 93 Mondial Valeo Cab and take my 1 and 3 year old boys everywhere over here in AU. It is going to be a great family car whilst they are less than 6 feet tall. The wife loves the fact that we can all go out together in the car. I have a Tubi exhaust fitted to it and they continually mimic the sound every time we stop. It's funny how you still get people saying that they never knew that Ferraris had more than two seats.