A word about Promocom/Manzoni Italy | FerrariChat

A word about Promocom/Manzoni Italy

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Peperbus, Nov 29, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Peperbus

Peperbus Karting

Jul 8, 2008
    The Netherlands (071
    Full Name:
    Ton
    A year ago I transferred $4500 to the bank account of Berardo Oliviero Manzoni (also known as Berry Manzoni) from Brescia Italy. He is the owner of Promocom Toys of Italy. This was for the purchase of Berry Manzoni 1:8 model of the FERRARI 126C2.

This model is a “model builders heaven” and a topnotch kit: more than 2100 individual pieces. The chassis is machined from aluminum billet. The under tray and body are genuine carbon fiber. Wings, wheels, shock absorbers, and exhaust are machined metal. Many smaller metal parts are in brass, nickel silver and copper. There are hundreds of precision photo-etched metal parts in brass, nickel silver, stainless steel, aluminum and the brake air scoops are molded in fiberglass.

http://albums.modelbrouwers.nl/coppermine/albums/userpics/10860/engine.jpg
    http://albums.modelbrouwers.nl/coppermine/albums/userpics/10860/DSC_0182%7E0.jpg
    http://albums.modelbrouwers.nl/coppermine/albums/userpics/10860/126c2_10.jpg

A couple weeks after transferring the money Berry Manzoni wrote: “give me a couple of days to assemble the kit”. However days became weeks and weeks became months but at last in January 2009 the kit arrived.
    After checking the kit it appears that from the 50+ building stages over 30% of the bags were incomplete or complete bags were missing. A lot of these parts are big, vital pieces: gearbox, suspension, wing strut etc.
    The response of Berry Manzoni was: “give me a couple of days to check this”. I was not surprised that days became weeks and weeks became months.

In the last year I wrote Berry Manzoni zillions of emails with almost no response. When he responded it were all empty promises (from “in …weeks you get them” to “ I have already send you the parts” etc.) I did not get one firm date about delivery of the missing parts …the only thing he was firm about was the price and the data of his bank account.

In the last couple of months I have spoken to several customers of Berry Manzoni and they all had their share of frustration and stringing along. After ample consideration I decided to go public so that potential buyers of this top notch kit have the opportunity to take the gamble or be cautious.

If you want to be sure that a “model builders heaven” will not become a “model builders hell” go to Brady Wards “ScaleAutoworks.com” or “Autograph.de” Uli still has one piece of this excellent kit in stock but it is unavailable for the moment: because he uses it to reproduce missing parts for his customers.

2. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Wow that stinks! FYI Brady Ward's site says that he has none in stock and posts on another site suggest that he has stopped responding to email.

3. Peperbus

Peperbus Karting

Jul 8, 2008
    The Netherlands (071
    Full Name:
    Ton
    I always get a prompt answer from Brady. But sometimes he is out :)

4. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Thats really to bad. It really was a great kit. I was thinking about getting the 312PB when it became available.

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo-Strictly 43rd Revival model/photo contest-Chicago April 24th 2010

5. Peperbus

Peperbus Karting

Jul 8, 2008
    The Netherlands (071
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Great model too!....but I think that nothing will come available any more by Promocom/Manzoni: website stopped ( "I am working on a new one") , no communication possible !

6. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I wouldn't risk buying this kit from the manufacturer. These experiences are pretty much par for the course.
    The model is fantastic; but you will need serious skill and a mountain of time to build it.

7. Peperbus

Peperbus Karting

Jul 8, 2008
    The Netherlands (071
    Full Name:
    Ton
    I am afraid it is. But luckily the majority of sellers can still be trusted.

8. Berardo

Berardo Guest

#8 Berardo, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2012
    EGREGI SIGNORI,

LEGGO ORA I CONTENUTI DELLE VOSTRE DISCUSSIONI OLTRETUTTO DA ALCUNE PERSONE CHE MI SONO ASSOLUTAMENTE SCONOSCIUTE. RITENGO CHE SIA TROPPO COMODO USARE IL WEB PER "SPUTTANARE" PERSONE E AZIENDE SOPRATTUTTO QUANDO LE AFFERMAZIONI NON CORRISPONDONO ALLA VERITA'.
    PROMOCOM HA VENDUTO DECINE E DECINE DI KITS SENZA MAI AVER ALCUN PROBLEMA O MEGLIO, ALCUNI CLIENTI AVENDO ROTTO ALCUNI PEZZI LI CHIEDEVANO IN SOSTITUZIONE DICHIARANDO ONESTAMENTE DI AVERLI ROTTI, MENTRE QUALCUNO DI VOI (E LUI SA CHI) I PEZZI LI AVEVA, LI AVEVA ROTTI E DICHIARAVA CHE NON ERANO PRESENTI NEL KIT. GUARDA CASO QUASI TUTTI I PEZZI IN MICROFUSIONE CHE COSTANO PARECCHI SOLDI!
    SE VOLETE DIRMI QUALCOSA ATTENDO VOSTRI CENNI.
    SALUTI.

9. Berardo

Berardo Guest

Dear Sirs,
    I just read your conversations, moreover from some people that I absolutely do not know. I think it's too easy to use the web to discredit people and businesses, especially when the declarations do not correspond to the truth.
    Promocom sold dozens and dozens of kits without ever having any problems, or rather, some customers, breaking some pieces of the kits, asked us to replace them, declared honestly to have broken them, while some of you (and he knows who) broke pieces declaring that they were not in the kit. We are wondering why all the pieces in microfusion that cost a lot of money. ! I await your reply informing you that I have already interpellated competent authorities.
    Regards

10. steve58

steve58 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2010
    Montecavolo - Italy
    Full Name:
    Stefano Iori
    Hi Peperbus , I think you will have help from this woman Grazia Schiavina , find her on face book . she told us to be a friend of Berry model that made the PB model , 126 C2 , and now have a look about the pictures .

Greetings from Italy