software glitch | FerrariChat

software glitch

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by oedipol, Jul 18, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. oedipol

oedipol Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    HKG
    I have a 2013 coupe, I've had car the for 2 month and then I had some software problems that kept the car at the dealer for the last 3 weeks !

the original problem was when I go into settings I can only go to the speed limiter and nothing else and the fuel range indicator was stuck at 59 km! both problems happened occasionally.

I am picking my car up next Wednesday. that will make the total stay at the dealer 4 weeks!

Anyone has the same problem?

2. 458dreamer

458dreamer Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Dubai
    Sorry, I can't answer your question. But this is disconcerting to hear when I am just a few weeks away from receiving my coupe. I was hoping all the glitches had been sorted in these later year models.

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Never heard of it before.

4. Ferrari 458

Ferrari 458 Karting

Jul 1, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Nope. Never heard of this problem. My 458 has been perfect for the 3 years I've owned it.

5. phatteus

phatteus Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I have a 2013 Coupe also a couple of months old and I haven't seen any of these problems. Hope they get them fixed for you ASAP.

6. blankers

blankers Rookie

Feb 1, 2013
    Sunny Dubai
    #6 blankers, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've got the same issue with the fuel range indicator. The digital read is currently stuck at 76km (96km in the attached photo) but the indicator bars seems to work ok. I haven't been in to the dealer yet, but will be interested to hear if there is a fix.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. oedipol

oedipol Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    HKG
    yes there is a fix: I have been told that they have requested several software versions from the factory in Italy to try and fix it, that's why it took 3 weeks already!

BTW, is yours a 2013?

8. Migas

Migas Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2013
    Lisboa - Portugal
    Full Name:
    Miguel
    Could be not an issue.

At some point you went very hard on drive for some time and fuel consumption software has assumed a very high level. When it goes too down it never recalculates unless you reach fuel final bar (red one - then it will indicates "---" zero) and fully refill it.

You’ll see it immediately returns to normality.

9. oedipol

oedipol Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    HKG
    the problem happens after full refuel !

10. Migas

Migas Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2013
    Lisboa - Portugal
    Full Name:
    Miguel
    If you ran out practically of fuel and then you have refueled it and the glitch still, I’m sorry. In that case you have an issue!:eek:

BTW I was referring to blankers problem.

11. blankers

blankers Rookie

Feb 1, 2013
    Sunny Dubai
    No, I don't think that's the issue. I drive sensibly (hope that's not a crime on this forum) so no heavy drinking of fuel. The issue has been around for me through a number of re-fuel cycles, and it doesn't seem to matter whether I refill in the red zone or with the tank half full. I keep hoping that next time I refill and drive for a while that it will re-calculate, but it has only done that once - and this is my daily driver, so it has had plenty of time to do so.

I've also tried holding down the centre button for the left display to reset the trip counters etc, and that doesn't reset the "km to empty" reading either.

I'm just puzzled as to why the countdown bars are working ok, but the "km to empty" reading isn't. At some point I'll take it in to the dealer.

Oepipol - yes, it's a 2013 Spider. Got it it March.

12. oedipol

oedipol Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    HKG
    I think this is exactly the same problem as my car and both 2013 cars !

13. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    7500 miles on my 2012 Spider and it works fine.

Take it to the dealer.

14. 458dreamer

458dreamer Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Dubai
    May be that's why superstitious people avoid the number 13.

15. oedipol

oedipol Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    HKG
    that's a good one !

BTW, after 4 weeks, finally I have my car back today! everything seems to be working. hope it will stay this way !