This Saturday is the 10th annual VA show :) | FerrariChat

This Saturday is the 10th annual VA show :)

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Chelle, Jul 18, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    I can't believe we have been doing this so long.

If you're anyplace near the north burbs Saturday morning through mid day please stop in. Cars usually start arriving around 11am and we always set up tents and a flagpole flying a Ferrari flag so you have a spot in the shade. A huge variety of cars show up, musclecars, Vettes, antiques, classics, street rods, big brass, modern sports/exotics, etc.. usually 200-300 cars in all.

If you're headed up to Road America for the weekend stop in and say hi. Admission is free, as are food and drinks. Patients are brought out after they eat lunch.. for many this is the only day of the year they leave the nursing home building.. it's a wonderful, feel good way to spend part of your day. It wraps up a little after 3pm, but you're free to leave earlier :)

From the north or south, exit 94 or 41 at Buckley road and head east until you get to Green Bay road. Go south on Green Bay road to the next light and turn left into the parking lot of the VA campus. Then just look for the Ferrari flag. If you can let me know you're coming I'll try and hold enough spaces for you to be with the group

Thanks to everyone who has came in the past!!

2. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    #2 Chelle, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    I have no idea how we have been so lucky, so long with weather..
    Not once has there been a threat of rain, and despite the insane heat we have had this week, tomorrow they are calling for 10 degrees cooler :)

Haley's bringing the white 308, this year the red car won't be there as it's still in the shop :( so please bring a car if you can.. it can be anything interesting.. a member here brought a Ferrari one year, a Bentley Turbo another, and an gorgeous 914-6 another year.. and one year the car that was voted "veteran's choice" was a 1950's VW beetle.. come see interesting cars and chat with friends while having a free lunch in the shade!

3. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    We will be there. I also have something a little special for the first 5 FOC members that I see or that come up to me.

4. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Thanks John!!! We look forward to seeing you both!!

5. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Another perfect day, 10 in a row, I could never ask for more. :D I think they said 213 registered cars, so figure about 225 total.

Thank you for the plaques John. We have each one of them displayed from over the years.

While I love all of them, you made this one very special to me and I cant thank you enough. Dang I love 308's!!!

:D

Semper Fi FOC folks and F-Chatters!!

Haley

6. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    #6 JohnnyS, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I remember the first. And you're still a doll.

8. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    aww, thank you sir! We definitely miss you - you don't need to bring a car you know.. would love to see ya again!